The Speaker's Call quest.

General Discussion
1 2 3 12 Next
EDIT From Wowhead clearing any Confusion:

"With today's maintenance, the Artifact Retirement quest is now available on live servers! Completing the quest does not render your artifact unusable yet. Completing the quest, instead, maximizes your Artifact Power, leaving your Artifact at level 126 - Concordance of the Legionfall level 75."

Original OP: So is this it, is this the quest where I give up my artifact weapon to remove Sargeras' sword off of Silithus?

So I lose my Artifact Weapon in the process?

Will I still have compensation for losing such a powerful weapon and all its traits and stats? And will the weapon still be transmogable?
Yes. You lose your Artifact.

The Appearances will still be transmoggable.

Some of the traits will be turned into talents (i.e. Wake of Ashes).
06/26/2018 11:03 AMPosted by Saltzfyre
Yes. You lose your Artifact.

The Appearances will still be transmoggable.

Some of the traits will be turned into talents (i.e. Wake of Ashes).

But I will also lose the option to get more colors and appearences?

And not just Mage Tower ones, I mean there are others where I have to get achievements or get Prestige Rank 2 in PVP.
There's no quest yet to lose your artifact.

Not sure what quest your talking about.
06/26/2018 11:06 AMPosted by Moomage

I am here right now seeing this quest before my eyes to give up my artifact to remove the Sword.

I am with Magni ontop of an Airship right now in Silithus.

And I am contemplating whether I should do it now or hold onto this artifact weapon for a bit longer because I see no point in getting rid of it now, and lose all these stats and benefits.
06/26/2018 11:06 AMPosted by Moomage

It's to speak to bronzebeard..you take in the azerite and the stat squish begins.
Isn't everything already disabled at this point when you login? Like the traits and everything? Or, can I wait til after I raid tonight lol
06/26/2018 11:13 AMPosted by Drlightning
Isn't everything already disabled at this point when you login? Like the traits and everything? Or, can I wait til after I raid tonight lol

And that is another thing.

Will I get a replacement weapon of an ilvl of 1000 or something as compensation?
Interesting. I thought we'd lose the power in pre-patch. I'll have to check it out after work.
You will still have the weapon after completing the quest today.
06/26/2018 11:16 AMPosted by Fall

As in the transmog, or the weapon as is with all the stats included?
I believe I read you keep the weapon going forward, it just doesn't have all the traits and only goes off item level now. I just wasn't sure if they had already disabled the traits and this was the formal story write off of those traits or if we had to do the quest to trigger it. It seems like they'd just disable them because otherwise no one is going to do the quest to get rid of their traits as it's a straight power loss.

I'm not home yet, can anyone confirm =)? <3
I still have my gun as is. My weapon screen for the artifact traits is now glowing and shaking.
According to wowhead - the quest is up - power is not drained until pre-patch

Edit - after prepatch you keep the weapon w/stats, but no traits.
So is this the quest where the artifact weapons get corrupted from the sword.
Well good bye raiding in Legion with my Alliance Main until next expansion...
Artifact traits go away with pre-patch, which is still on the PTR. The quest you are getting is the quest people who have killed Argus have been getting for months. It is a short questline with no real meaningful impact.

Just wanted to clear up some of the gross misinformation in this thread.
06/26/2018 11:17 AMPosted by Argronak
06/26/2018 11:16 AMPosted by Fall

As in the transmog, or the weapon as is with all the stats included?

You still have the actual weapon..
06/26/2018 11:21 AMPosted by Rollo
Artifact traits go away with pre-patch, which is still on the PTR. The quest you are getting is the quest people who have killed Argus have been getting for months. It is a short questline with no real meaningful impact.

Just wanted to clear up some of the gross misinformation in this thread.

I didn't expect you
06/26/2018 11:20 AMPosted by Argronak
Well good bye raiding in Legion with my Alliance Main until next expansion...

If you don't see it confirmed on MMO-Champion yet, it is still in game. Most of the people in this thread apparently haven't finished Antorus.