The Speaker's Call quest.

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 12 Next
06/26/2018 11:20 AMPosted by Argronak
Well good bye raiding in Legion with my Alliance Main until next expansion...

What?

The weapon becomes a stat stick.

All raids are tuned for those new stats.

Do you really think they just make you really under powered and all content is unplayable?
06/26/2018 11:23 AMPosted by Spiritusfide
06/26/2018 11:20 AMPosted by Argronak
Well good bye raiding in Legion with my Alliance Main until next expansion...

What?

Do you really think they just make you really under powered and all content is unplayable?

I did it just now, I still have it, but now I can't use artifact power to increase it anymore.

And the artifact traits screen goes all shake-y
06/26/2018 11:24 AMPosted by Argronak
What?

I did it just now, I still have it, but now I can't use artifact power to increase it anymore.

Well that's a twist I didn't expect. I must have been wrong.
What?

The item will lose it's talents. It will still have relics. Relics will give Ilevel, which increase the power of the weapon.

The game's stats and item levels are being shrunk down, along with all the raids and dungeons and all NPCs.

Why would that mean 'goodbye to all endgame progression'?
From Wowhead:

With today's maintenance, the Artifact Retirement quest is now available on live servers! Completing the quest does not render your artifact unusable yet. Completing the quest, instead, maximizes your Artifact Power, leaving your Artifact at level 126 - Concordance of the Legionfall level 75.
06/26/2018 11:26 AMPosted by Spiritusfide

The item will lose it's talents. It will still have relics. Relics will give Ilevel, which increase the power of the weapon.

The game's stats and item levels are being shrunk down, along with all the raids and dungeons and all NPCs.

Why would that mean 'goodbye to all endgame progression'?

It did fully max out my artifact level to 126.

Also the mere fact this quest is avaliable now means the Pre-Patch is gonna happen sooner then expected. I be surprised if it happens next week.
do it! on all characters. all your weapons will be boosted to lvl 75, which will help a lot for mage tower
hmm I didn't get the quest on my DK. And he's caught up with everything.
Quest is not appearing for this Shaman, who has done the previous silithus quests.
06/26/2018 11:31 AMPosted by Moomage

You will get the quest when you log in.
06/26/2018 11:36 AMPosted by Wilanor
06/26/2018 11:31 AMPosted by Moomage

I did. several times.
06/26/2018 11:32 AMPosted by Yangchén
Quest is not appearing for this Shaman, who has done the previous silithus quests.

Getting the same problem on this Warlock.

Update:Logged out once more then logged back in and "The Speaker's Call" quest finally appeared.
Seems that alts that have not touched the quests have it pop up fine, but characters that do have it completed have issues?
06/26/2018 11:39 AMPosted by Moomage
06/26/2018 11:36 AMPosted by Wilanor

I did. several times.

Did you finish all of Magni's quests? The one in Scholazar Basin, etc.
No quest on this Paladin either, have done heroic Argus and all the previous Silithus and Magni-related quests as they came up.

My non-raiding alts all get a quest pop-up on login (presumably they have to grind through the 25-of-those-fest quests first before they get to the good stuff though :)
I finished the intro quest a few months ago with the Azerite recovery, got a new one today. Doing the quest now, will edit with info.

It appears to keep the Traits intact (assuming those will go away during pre-patch) but my Artifact level is now 126 (was 80 pre-quest) and the window is shaking/humming/flashing the AP numbers. Appears that the actual STUFF for it will go away during Pre-Patch, but for now everything is the same.
Just some clarification on this one but yes there should be a quest called "The Speaker's Call" that should begin the Artifact Weapon Overcharge. You will need to complete the prerequisite Magni quests in order to receive "The Speaker's Call". When you complete this it should overcharge your artifact up to Artifact Level 126 which puts you at 75 Concordance. All of the existing traits will function until the pre patch.

Take advantage of the overcharge and go take on things like the Mage Tower, Ahead of the Curve: Argus, and The Chosen that are removed when the prepatch goes live soon™. Also don't forget the usual Mythic mount drop chances that will be lowered from their guaranteed 100% when Battle for Azeroth goes live!
For your characters not getting the quest, is the artifact at 75 concordance already?

Edit since a blue is above me: If I'm higher than Artifact Level 126 and I do the quest, will I actually lose power?
For those having issues getting the quest. log out of the game and clear the cashe folder. it helped me get the quest when it wouldn't show after several log in attemptes.
I'm almost to level 80 with my Ashbringer. I wonder if I'll lose everything from 76-79 when I retire mine.