The Speaker's Call quest.

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 12 Next
06/26/2018 11:58 AMPosted by Vicara
Don't forget means this information was given in the past. There has not been a mention of mythic mount having their drop rate lowered at the pre-patch. Traditionally it remains at 100% for the duration of the pre-patch then lowered on expansion launch like for MoP/WoD. Is this no longer the case? Clarification would be appreciated.

06/26/2018 12:01 PMPosted by Asriel
Woah, pretty sure this is wrong. I believe Mythic end-boss Mounts haven't been lowered in drop-rate in pre-patch in the past, only at expansion launch.

06/26/2018 11:58 AMPosted by Rozilla
Also don't forget the usual Mythic mount drop chances that will be lowered from their guaranteed 100% at pre patch.

I thought mount chance dropped at expansion release, not prepatch. I could have sworn this was confirmed before. Am I wrong?

Thanks for the catch. Edited now. Whoops!
nevermind :) thanx for the edit
06/26/2018 11:45 AMPosted by Ythisens
When you complete this it should overcharge your artifact up to Artifact Level 126 which puts you at 75 Concordance.

After doing the quest we can't use or sell AP tokens. Please hotfix the sell price back in. <3
06/26/2018 12:02 PMPosted by Twisp
Are there any plans to let us vendor AP again once the quest is completed since you can no longer add ap to the weapon?

Please, since there's so many sources of AP, like heroic dungeons that reward 346mil tokens that have been effectively worthless once hitting 75 traits before this. And of course, now they can't be used at all. "Your artifact is at full power" - indeed, can I sell them, even for 1cp so I don't have to type (paste) delete into the confirmation dialog.
Take advantage of the overcharge and go take on things like the Mage Tower, Ahead of the Curve: Argus, and The Chosen that are removed when the prepatch goes live soon™

Thanks for making Cutting Edge a participation award, I guess..
06/26/2018 12:06 PMPosted by Artaeum
Take advantage of the overcharge and go take on things like the Mage Tower, Ahead of the Curve: Argus, and The Chosen that are removed when the prepatch goes live soon™

How in the world does this make Cutting Edge a participation award? Literally anyone that does that kind of raiding has had their weapon at 75+ concordance forever. This will be mostly useful for alts doing mage tower.

This is a smaller nerf than the 5% and 3% nerfs. Doesn't make the mechanics any easier either.
There aren't going to be any guilds killing it off this nerf when they couldn't before, unless they were wiping after the mass-rez at the very end at less than a few percent and just couldn't beat the enrage timer.
Seems fine to me.
06/26/2018 12:07 PMPosted by Adamology

How in the world does this make Cutting Edge a participation award? Literally anyone that does that kind of raiding has had their weapon at 75+ concordance forever. This will be mostly useful for alts doing mage tower.

No. We had 25 concordance. Our artifact was 75, not concordance. Our artifact is now 126, with 75 concordance. This is a 5% overall dps buff to everybody.

I mean for those teams that are really close(we're talking consistent ~10% pulls) this will be a bump to help but largely won't be too noticeable. At that level your concordance should already be fairly close to this. If not but you're struggling mechanically this won't make any difference.

I wouldn't call out Cutting Edge because if you're not already close to this it's still not easy to obtain. It's impressive don't get me wrong, but still not feasible for 99% of players.

The weapon is getting bumped up to 126.

No one had 126 prior to today, it was impossible to reach, on a mathmatical level (years and years of spamming content for AP only, 24/7).
06/26/2018 12:11 PMPosted by Kishia

No. We had 25 concordance. Our artifact was 75, not concordance. Our artifact is now 126, with 75 concordance. This is a 5% overall dps buff to everybody.

Whoops, you're absolutely right. Not sure what I was thinking. Long day, I suppose!

Still not sure this makes it a participation award, but I haven't done the fight so maybe I'm wrong.
How about letting my alts say "Don't accept" to the quest, thanks....
06/26/2018 12:15 PMPosted by Adamology
Still not sure this makes it a participation award, but I haven't done the fight so maybe I'm wrong.

The DPS gain from this cannot be big, and Aggramar and Argus are still very demanding mechanics wise. Though Aggramar's recent nerf (no high energy adds) did gut quite a hard part of the fight and Argus has had 2 nerfs already (5% and 3%).

It won't be free, but it might be an edge for some 9 and 10 of 11M guilds.

06/26/2018 12:19 PMPosted by Archona
How about letting my alts say "Don't accept" to the quest, thanks....

But why ? Why wouldn't you accept and do the quest ?

You don't want a buff ?
UNLIMITED POWER!!!!!!!!

Thanks Blizz!
06/26/2018 12:13 PMPosted by Ythisens

I mean for those teams that are really close(we're talking consistent ~10% pulls) this will be a bump to help but largely won't be too noticeable. At that level your concordance should already be fairly close to this. If not but you're struggling mechanically this won't make any difference.

I wouldn't call out Cutting Edge because if you're not already close to this it's still not easy to obtain. It's impressive don't get me wrong, but still not feasible for 99% of players.

Don't think anyone was even remotely close to 75 levels of concordance lol
Just some clarification on this one but yes there should be a quest called "The Speaker's Call" that should begin the Artifact Weapon Overcharge. You will need to complete the prerequisite Magni quests in order to receive "The Speaker's Call". When you complete this it should overcharge your artifact up to Artifact Level 126 which puts you at 75 Concordance. All of the existing traits will function until the pre patch.

Take advantage of the overcharge and go take on things like the Mage Tower, Ahead of the Curve: Argus, and The Chosen that are removed when the prepatch goes live soon™. Also don't forget the usual Mythic mount drop chances that will be lowered from their guaranteed 100% when Battle for Azeroth goes live!
This implies prepatch is in 3 weeks or more. Any truth to this, or did you misspeak?
Dear Ythisens,

I really don't want to delete 5,000 ap tokens that I'm going to get over the next couple of weeks. Can you ask the hotfix squirrels to throw back in the ability to vendor them? Thanks!

Sincerely,

Veloth
(The Alliance Started It)
Quest doesn't seem to activate for this character.
My mage staff went from 67 levels to 126 and it's now carrying 22,000 intellect.

Jesus.
06/26/2018 12:13 PMPosted by Ythisens

What is happening to the Brawler's Guild? Will the achievements move to Legacy like in previous expansions?