The Speaker's Call quest.

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 12 Next
06/26/2018 11:03 AMPosted by Saltzfyre
Yes. You lose your Artifact.

The Appearances will still be transmoggable.

Some of the traits will be turned into talents (i.e. Wake of Ashes).

You don't lose them ... all the traits become inactive. They're great stat sticks until about 113-114, when something replaces it.
This makes me so happy. I'm gonna kick Kruul's !@# tonight :'D
06/26/2018 11:45 AMPosted by Ythisens
Just some clarification on this one but yes there should be a quest called "The Speaker's Call" that should begin the Artifact Weapon Overcharge. You will need to complete the prerequisite Magni quests in order to receive "The Speaker's Call". When you complete this it should overcharge your artifact up to Artifact Level 126 which puts you at 75 Concordance. All of the existing traits will function until the pre patch.

Take advantage of the overcharge and go take on things like the Mage Tower, Ahead of the Curve: Argus, and The Chosen that are removed when the prepatch goes live soon™. Also don't forget the usual Mythic mount drop chances that will be lowered from their guaranteed 100% when Battle for Azeroth goes live!

FYI: I didn't do the Magni quests and I still received "The Speaker's Call".
Take advantage of the overcharge and go take on things like the Mage Tower, Ahead of the Curve: Argus, and The Chosen that are removed when the prepatch goes live soon™. Also don't forget the usual Mythic mount drop chances that will be lowered from their guaranteed 100% when Battle for Azeroth goes live!

I'm never going to get the Mage Tower appearance, hopefully this helps me put in a little bit bigger of a dent.
My experience today.

My equipped artifact weapon and all artifact weapons in my bag were instantly upgraded to level 126.

All Netherlight Crucible traits instantly became available for all the weapons (equipped and in my bag).

I had to complete the questline on each level 110 character.

The artifact weapon abilities are still usable and work the same.

I have not noticed a significant increase in power on characters whose weapons were already at level 75 or over.
06/26/2018 11:56 AMPosted by Infernastorm
06/26/2018 11:53 AMPosted by Adverbs
75 concordance is actually weapon level 126. so its a boost for you.

And I'm at 79 Concordance. Wouldn't that be more powerful?

What? that's not possible, higher in the world is 41 LUL
06/26/2018 01:37 PMPosted by Zuktuul
06/26/2018 01:34 PMPosted by Scøøper
Based on your limited (read: essentially zero) competitive PvP experience, I do not expect you to understand the implications of this in a high rated arena match.
Based on your limited search (read: 1 toon) I do not expect you to understand.

Achievements are account wide bud. And you have zero experience, knowledge, or understanding of rated PvP...especially at a high level.
Just some clarification on this one but yes there should be a quest called "The Speaker's Call" that should begin the Artifact Weapon Overcharge. You will need to complete the prerequisite Magni quests in order to receive "The Speaker's Call". When you complete this it should overcharge your artifact up to Artifact Level 126 which puts you at 75 Concordance. All of the existing traits will function until the pre patch.

Just a note, the Magni quest chain is locked behind the Argus Raid Quest. That is what is probably what is holding people up.
I grinded up to level 85 on my weapon and this feels like a big middle finger to me for doing it. The entire sense of progression for weapon has been robbed from me and Legion isn't even over yet. Why is 125 the level we're getting? Couldn't it have just been 75 so everyone could have crucible unlocked? Why have you taken away the accomplishment of having a high weapon rank?

Are you considering having 2x mounts dropping from mythic bosses on BfA? It feels really punishing for me that after 10 years playing this game I'll miss a mount cause last patch was not the usual 12+ months and 10 man raiding is gone.

Not complaining about 20 man. I know it helps you do better fights and you are nailing that but why not just 2 mounts? 10 man used to drop one and 25 man used to drop 2, 20 is closer to 25 than to 10...
06/26/2018 01:49 PMPosted by Fatbotmgrrl
My experience today.

My equipped artifact weapon and all artifact weapons in my bag were instantly upgraded to level 126.

Thank you for the confirmation on this! Now my neurotic brain doesn't have to worry about which spec I do the quest on across multiple characters!

^_^

Are you considering having 2x mounts dropping from mythic bosses on BfA? It feels really punishing for me that after 10 years playing this game I'll miss a mount cause last patch was not the usual 12+ months and 10 man raiding is gone.

Not complaining about 20 man. I know it helps you do better fights and you are nailing that but why not just 2 mounts? 10 man used to drop one and 25 man used to drop 2, 20 is closer to 25 than to 10...
06/26/2018 01:57 PMPosted by Tatahe

06/26/2018 01:54 PMPosted by Jedonai

Just a note, the Magni quest chain is locked behind the Argus Raid Quest. That is what is probably what is holding people up.

I'm still not getting the quest on any character, regardless of whether or not they've completed all the Magni quests or the Argus raid quest. Logging in neither Dal nor Org/SW has worked. Completly ending all Blizzards processes and deleting cache has also not worked.

At a loss here of how to get this quest?

06/26/2018 01:57 PMPosted by Kole
I grinded up to level 85 on my weapon and this feels like a big middle finger to me for doing it. The entire sense of progression for weapon has been robbed from me and Legion isn't even over yet. Why is 125 the level we're getting? Couldn't it have just been 75 so everyone could have crucible unlocked? Why have you taken away the accomplishment of having a high weapon rank?

Did you somehow convince yourself that you were keeping your artifact after Legion, or something? Because resets like this happen with literally every expansion.

Your "accomplishment" wasn't taken away, since you had a higher level weapon than most people in the game for much longer.
Can anyone confirm if class hall missions are having the gold quests removed upon completion of this quest chain?

Someone posted online that all their missions disappeared except for two reputation missions. I'm not sure if that was a bug or if that is really going to happen.
06/26/2018 01:53 PMPosted by Scøøper
Achievements are account wide bud.
Very good MOTO. Your obersevation is still wrong.
06/26/2018 01:53 PMPosted by Scøøper
And you have zero experience, knowledge, or understanding of rated PvP...especially at a high level.
Never assume especially on limited searches.
06/26/2018 11:56 AMPosted by Ythisens
06/26/2018 11:48 AMPosted by Adamology
If I'm higher than Artifact Level 126 and I do the quest, will I actually lose power?

It should only affect Artifacts that are below that value. So if you're above Concordance 75 it should keep you at that Concordance value. However you might notice it jump up in a week or two ;)

This just simply upon completion moves everyone to Concordance 75 and then next week another bump, and then another. You get the picture.

TL;DR: Smash everything.

So if we're getting 75 today, then "next week another bump" (July 3rd), "and then another" (July 10th), does this confirm 8.0 for July 17th?
06/26/2018 02:00 PMPosted by Ulyia
06/26/2018 01:57 PMPosted by Kole

Did you somehow convince yourself that you were keeping your artifact after Legion, or something? Because resets like this happen with literally every expansion.

Your "accomplishment" wasn't taken away, since you had a higher level weapon than most people in the game for much longer.

I didn't realize the expansion had ended. Last time I checked I still logged into Legion. If you took it away in BFA fine, it's a new expansion. Like you said, resets like this happen every expansion.
But my accomplishment WAS taken away because it ISN'T BFA. Why are we acting like it is? The entire game was balanced around artifact weapons and the traits they carry. Why not drop them when you have a game that ISN'T balanced around them in 2 months rather than throwing the game into chaos now?
06/26/2018 11:32 AMPosted by Yangchén
Quest is not appearing for this Shaman, who has done the previous silithus quests.

Important information they have intentionally left out to mess with people with alts...

YOU MUST HAVE DONE THE MAGNI IN SHOLAZAR BASIN QUESTLINE ON EVERY ALT.