Feral tower challenge

Druid
06/29/2018 05:01 PMPosted by Marott
Okay trying it out some more and I can do enough damage to her, however I cannot do enough damage to the imps to stop them from spawning. I focus on them, and I can't get the imp servants down quickly enough. I take them down, and they are immediately resummoned.

And then when fuming imps are spawned, what tends to happen is they move over to where the imp servants are, then stand and die where the imp servants are, making it so that I have an even harder time killing the imp servants.

Any advice on how to keep the fuming imps from not dying on top of where the imp servants are?

First keep your eye out.
Second, drop everything for the fuming imps.
Third kite with rake and jump in and out for shreds (they tie fast with that direct damage).
Lastly, I took typhoon so if I saw them about to blow up in an area I didn't want I could relocate them.

Good luck
06/29/2018 07:32 PMPosted by Peeny
06/29/2018 05:01 PMPosted by Marott
Okay trying it out some more and I can do enough damage to her, however I cannot do enough damage to the imps to stop them from spawning. I focus on them, and I can't get the imp servants down quickly enough. I take them down, and they are immediately resummoned.

And then when fuming imps are spawned, what tends to happen is they move over to where the imp servants are, then stand and die where the imp servants are, making it so that I have an even harder time killing the imp servants.

Any advice on how to keep the fuming imps from not dying on top of where the imp servants are?

First keep your eye out.
Second, drop everything for the fuming imps.
Third kite with rake and jump in and out for shreds (they tie fast with that direct damage).
Lastly, I took typhoon so if I saw them about to blow up in an area I didn't want I could relocate them.

Good luck
I'll try typhoon then thank you! I've gotten almost to 2nd phase, but I'm just doing not enough so far, but I believe I can do it.
Did it yesterday 922 about 5-7 try’s
Ilvl antorus ring LEGO/Resto boots... so pretty much the worst.

Brutal slash ftw.
Adds >boss keep dots up on boss. I just bursted as hard as possible in phase 1. Saved drums for phase 2 when cds are down. By third phase she was sub 15% so just dodge stuff and kill any adds.

It’s honestly the easiest Dps MT I’ve done I’m not very good at feral.....
I get to about 60% and then I'm unable to kill the imps in time to the point where they continually spawn pretty much, so I do need to do just a bit more damage.

edit: I am trying to get some lightblood elixir, but while my character can make it, primal sargerite is just not wanting to drop.
Still not getting enough damage. I don't understand how I'm supposed to get enough aoe damage with thrash and swipe. Using it as many times as I can, I only get imp hp down to about 1/4th and then my energy is gone. I can't just go and use it all of the time for them as I'm clearly not doing enough damage to them.

edit: Wanted to say I don't have the option of swipe, so I can only rely on thrash.
I am noticing that you are not mentioning brutal slash for ae, Its been a while since I did the feral challenge, but I seem to recall brutal slash being a big reason this fight was so easy.

I attempted it about 10-15 times without luffas, and one shot it when I got luffas, but I did get very close during the 10-15 initial tries.

The big thing I found is positioning here. I would stay a few yards away from Agatha if possible most of the time. When you use brutal slash, make sure it hits everything. Agatha and all the imps. It is a lot of damage. I would also not mindlessly spam brutal slash , I would save stacks for when multiple things are up. Also make sure you have balance affinity for extra range.

Luffas made this a lot easier. but again I seem to recall positioning and brutal slash is what won this for me. Also I would blow drums and Incarnation early too just so you can get used to blowing up the first phase. Drums, Incarn and Brutal slash, things should be melting at even a lower 900 gear score.
Do you have to be 925ish ilevel to complete this?

I just came back to WoW recently after a very long break and was hoping I could down this before it disappears but my ilevel is quite low.
07/05/2018 07:07 PMPosted by Zukai

I just came back to WoW recently after a very long break and was hoping I could down this before it disappears but my ilevel is quite low.

No it's a ridiculously easy challenge to be honest. Totally doable at 890, but if you want to make it easier you should have until the end of next week at least to get some gear.

I honestly have no idea why the OP is struggling so much at a 927 ilevel. I have about the same ilevel and had a tank trinket. With typical raid consumables, drums, and popping everything I burned her to 50% in under a minute for sure. A wave of imps appeared but brutal slash wrecks them.

You should basically have near full uptime with that level of gear since the imps should just melt for you.
07/05/2018 08:10 PMPosted by Kazutoshi

No it's a ridiculously easy challenge to be honest. Totally doable at 890, but if you want to make it easier you should have until the end of next week at least to get some gear.

I honestly have no idea why the OP is struggling so much at a 927 ilevel. I have about the same ilevel and had a tank trinket. With typical raid consumables, drums, and popping everything I burned her to 50% in under a minute for sure. A wave of imps appeared but brutal slash wrecks them.

You should basically have near full uptime with that level of gear since the imps should just melt for you.

For someone who hasn't actually raided in this expansion at all other than LFR (I don't count that as raiding) what would you suggest I do?
Max out your artifact if you haven't yet get the antorus questline to kill argus for the free legiondary and do that. That'll just give you some extra free damage.

Otherwise there's a wowhead guide for every artifact challenge, I would look up ferals and follow that, it's what I did. I didn't do anything special like setup weakauras or something.

The fight largely revolves around handling imps and brutal slash will cover you for that.
One thing I found to help was to make sure you're getting max value out of brutal slash. You can pretty much completely clear all of the imps with triple brutal slash, so sometimes leaving imps up for a little extra time so you can burst them all down at once is better than rushing to clear what's up asap only to not have any damage for the next set that spawns 3 seconds later.
I just got mines done on sunday. While I will agree this is an add control fight, there are some other priorities I think needs to be said:

Boulders. Gosh dang Boulders. This killed me the most. It got much better when i zoomed out more then I am use to. The good thing is they flow in the same order and from one side to the other. So its not really random. When one boulder passed me, I moved on over to where that boulder just came from.

Dark Fury. I really had to engrave in my head to blowup her shield and interrupt. I looked back into the logs and noticed it wasn't really the imps that was destroying me as much as dark fury does. The longer she channels the worse Dark Fury gets. I rebound my skullbash to several hotkeys and mouse keys just so when i panicked i still got that bash in.

Imps were no problem as they are pretty weak. Servent imps were probably the least of my worries. I probably would have done it faster, but i went with jagged wounds to let the bleeds deal with them faster.

For fuming imps I was failing at moving them to a new location so they can lay their waste. And I was having a problem with keeping them right under Agatha. What I did to keep control of fuming imps was usually a rake and/or thrash followed by a roots off to the side. But most of the time the damage from the bleeds was enough to kill them while i repositioned myself to deal with everything else as it chased me. As long as it doesn't hit you he won't "explode".

Take everything piece by piece. Figure out how you can do each piece better. And put it all together.

I was also using every potion/flask/food/drums/buffs/etc i could get besides lightblood elixir. When I realized I missed that one, I finally defeated her. I will say my learning of the fight helped a lot. Lightblood was just icing.
Couple of tips:

1) Complete the BFA pre-quest to get your Artifact Weapon maxed out on Artifact Power. This will help you out tremendously if you haven't already done it.

2) Legendary items are really powerful. Equipping two is super helpful and I highly recommend it. At this point it doesn't really matter which two, just wear them. (I completed the feral challenge with only the Lego Ring from defeating Argus on LFR though so it's possible wearing only one).

3) The fight is all about add control. You must focus killing the adds while keeping DoTs up on Agatha. She will go down eventually as you survive and focus down the adds.

4) If you have ilvl 920+ you can cheese this fight very hard by maximizing your opener. Popping all your CDs and doing your opening combo you should be able to burn Agatha down to at least 50% HP. I was able to burst her so quickly that very few imps even spawned until she started darting around the room.

Your opener should look something like this:

Prepot + Incarnation + Tiger's Fury (I like to save drums for heroism later in the fight if adds get out of hand)

Rake (stealthed) -> Ashenmane's Frenzy -> Shred (if needed) -> Rip at 5 combo points (reapply DoTs right as they are falling off)

Shred -> Ferocious Bite at 5 combo points (repeat)

5) Keep clearcasting Regrowth on yourself. Especially if you are energy starved and don't have any other buttons to press. Keep that HoT up!

Yeah. I went from i863ish to downing it last night at i918 in about a week, and I a) am mostly Guardian, and b) suck. I found it pretty hard, but plenty of players with actual, you know, skill have done it a bit lower-- but assuming you're like me and need to juice your stats a little bit relatively quickly, over roughly the week we have remaining before BFA:

Veiled Argunite farming goes a long way. Do the questlines, world-quests and portals on Argus, take it to the vendor and replace your lowest gear slot with 910+s.

The end-of-Legion chain to get the max artifact power helped a bunch as well (remembering to Netherlight). Hit the AH for a Alchemy trinket. Managed to get into LFR a number of times and then like one 'real' raid.

Then ended up grabbing a bunch of consumables I don't normally bother with, reading the guides, learning the mechanics and adjusting talents (as has already been outlined on the thread). After that it was just a matter of dying over and over.