Can we get a 2nd DPS spec that's ranged?

Demon Hunter
I'm sure this has been beat to death but it would be great to have a 2nd DPS spec and it would be fun to have another ranged class, seeing as we got DKs (Melee), Monk (Melee) and DH (Melee) as new classes. Ranged Leather is also pretty cool, guy. I don't care if it doesn't follow lore, thanks!
I don't mean to be 'That guy' but have you heard about this neat new thing called "Warlock"
Honestly if we get a 2nd dps spec, I think it should be like a melee Shadow Priest. We build our Fury, then enter Metamorph and try to stay in it as long as you can. The longer you can stay in it, the bigger the buff gets. Then rinse and repeat.
So like the old version of Demonology lock
Yea I agree we should have a 2nd melee dps spec
06/30/2018 07:59 PMPosted by Delivery
I don't mean to be 'That guy' but have you heard about this neat new thing called "Warlock"

Warlock is an immobile pet class. Not even close to dh playstyle? Maybe if you're considering lore or fantasy?

Thinking more along the lines of a hunter probably. Minimal actual casts, very mobile. Focusing on glaives, bleeds, etc. Possibly switches between mostly caster to sometimes melee.

Many expansions and years later and no new ranged dps class, it's time!
I'd rather havoc not get pruned.
While we're at it, can we fix how glaive sit on our backs?
*COUGH* find your own fantasy bro.
I'm not saying it should be demon hunter, but I wouldn't mind another class other than hunter using a bow.

Also Demon Hunter having 2 specs means it balances out druids 4 and gives an even 36 specs in the game. I have nothing to back the following up but I think blizzard likes this.
I actually think Blizz thought about a Fel caster DH at one point. Figure that Allari the Souleater with her scythe was the template for that.

In the end I imagine it got nixed because 1) Warlocks, and 2) it’s just another balance juggle tossed in the mix needing dev time.
07/03/2018 06:31 PMPosted by Nequam
I'm not saying it should be demon hunter, but I wouldn't mind another class other than hunter using a bow.

Also Demon Hunter having 2 specs means it balances out druids 4 and gives an even 36 specs in the game. I have nothing to back the following up but I think blizzard likes this.
Is there any significance in having "an even 36 specs" or "having 2 specs because druids have 4"?
Yes, let's completely ruin DH by giving it a ranged spec that, due to the way the game is set up, would probably always vastly out perform its melee counterpart.
06/30/2018 08:14 PMPosted by Slaystation
Honestly if we get a 2nd dps spec, I think it should be like a melee Shadow Priest. We build our Fury, then enter Metamorph and try to stay in it as long as you can. The longer you can stay in it, the bigger the buff gets. Then rinse and repeat.

We kind of already have this with, Raddon's Cascading Eyes, Anger of the Half Giant's, Blind Fury, Demonic Appetite, Demon Reborn, and Demonic.

Basically everything you're doing is to support one goal, generate fury for chaos strike/Annihilation. With Eye Beam used on CD, preferably on as many targets as possible. If metamorphosis is about to wear off I usually let it, so my eye beam will put me back in it. With Soul Rending, this basically keeps you at 100% leech for a long time.
07/04/2018 07:52 PMPosted by Stereoninja
Yes, let's completely ruin DH by giving it a ranged spec that, due to the way the game is set up, would probably always vastly out perform its melee counterpart.

Yeah man I can't believe that:
Elemental always vastly outperforms Enhance
Feral always vastly outperforms Balance
Survival always vastly outperforms MM/BM
I like the idea. There's some good points on both sides of the discussion but there's also easy solutions to all the counterpoints being made...

Lore conflict: The lore is basically wide open at this point and Blizzard has free liscence to do as they please but it's not difficult to imagine a scenario where demon hunters might consider a ranged approach to doing what they do. Maybe, having fought alongside hunters and warlocks, they collectively decide to collaborate with them to improve on their own strategies or whatever. I'm not a novelist but you get the point.

Balancing conflict: there are other classes that have both melee and ranged specs that are viable in both pvp and pve. No reason to believe that it can't be done again.

Thematic/design conflict: I recognize that traditionally demon hunters only use warglaives and to suggest that they use anything else is blasphemous but just suppose for a second that this group of deadly, elite fighters don't instantly turn into window lickers as soon as they're given another weapon to use. Now imagine that these people who have sacrificed everything (what have you given?) are capable of adapting in order to more effectively combat new threats... Does it make any less sense than the entire "survival" subset of hunters seeing more demons than usual and suddenly becoming masters of the spear?

It's a shame that they have Chakrams to hunters because the idea of Demon Hunters using the glaives like chakrams as a kind of mid-ranged dps spec that can empower their throwing device with different fel magics to allow them to deal big damage, or apply dots and other effects etc. sounds pretty fun to me.
They might as well make a new spec.

Havoc is such trash on beta.
They really should make a spec based on the Demon Hunter from Diablo 3. A dual crossbow wielding, instant attack, ranged spec. At the moment the only bow/xbow non-pet spec is marksman and that's got a sniper theme. I want a fast paced, non-pet bow spec!
Clearly the answer is a 2H glaive spec.
06/30/2018 08:34 PMPosted by Delivery
So like the old version of Demonology lock

you say that like it's a bad thing

i would do anything to get that playstyle back