There will be some changes, whats tolerable?

Classic Discussion
Blizzard are going to inevitably make changes even if small. What things wont ruin the vanilla experience that might be good for the game? Im all for no changes btw. The only thing i think the game needs is balanced raids.
06/21/2018 03:45 AMPosted by Deathbonerz
Blizzard are going to inevitably make changes even if small. What things wont ruin the vanilla experience that might be good for the game? Im all for no changes btw. The only thing i think the game needs is balanced raids.

The only changes (in terms of gameplay) that I can see happening are ones that will do more to simulate the original feel of Vanilla than just dumping 1.12 on us wholesale would do.

Some sort of time gating release of the raids and dungeons.

Different iterations of features from launch through 1.12 that never actually existed together, but at least were in Vanilla at some point.
I hope to see some sort of change in the PvP system. Not in a way that would make it less exclusive or require less time investment. Just less punishing.
I would like to see more talent lines made viable.
Anything within the context of 1.1-1.12
anything within the the context of 1.1 and 2.0
06/21/2018 04:08 AMPosted by Nalal
Anything within the context of 1.1-1.12

yea im all for that, if they can take all the positives out of every patch and make its work then thats a change im for.
I personally wouldn't mind if they implement some of the part/raid frame options as per retail, that way we won't have to install an addon for that.

Blizz needs to thread very careful though with implementing any non gameplay related improvement.
I wouldn't be upset with the occasional Easter egg, so long as the old ones remain.
i can see the realms being handled differently.

will they use new server hardware or stick with the old ones? new ones would probably be more stable and obviously have higher capacity
06/21/2018 03:59 AMPosted by Koushi
I hope to see some sort of change in the PvP system. Not in a way that would make it less exclusive or require less time investment. Just less punishing.

1.12. already does that, afk AV for a few weeks and gain profit. Vanilla had a huge amount of changes, if we roll with 1.12. then we have them all sadly. Xrealm, LUA, catch up, reputation boosts, class changes ...

@ topic

I would like to have the transmog system implemented and an updated version of the Queue system. During Vanilla only very few used it and outfitter was very complicated too.
I would really love a QA soon so we can get a good and clear understanding on some things. I have so many questions
I primarily care about the content so changes that help me experience that better I would be happy with. So that would be things like guild banks, UI improvements like LFG tool, quest markers on the map etc.. class balance changes and the like.

What I would like to see avoided are any changes to the actual content or things like LFD/LFR as well as adding any artificial time gates to content.
I'd prefer zero changes except bug fixes, but in reality, I can tolerate any except: easing of content/leveling and linked realms/group-finder.
They seem to have made it pretty clear that there will be no gameplay features added. I'd imagine since they're starting with today's WoW and working backwards they'll probably have UI improvements like target of target and enemy cast bars. But those would probably be the biggest "changes".
The game works on DirectX 12
I only really care about game play. So I guess I'm more liberal in that regard. Discussions around guild banks, graphics, etc don't really concern much. I dare say, I even like the subtle improvements they made to the experience - even something as simple as "You have reached level X" banner when you level lol.

Not a fan of the new character models though. They completely messed up gnomes.
06/21/2018 04:37 AMPosted by Shaulas
I wouldn't be upset with the occasional Easter egg, so long as the old ones remain.

I think Easter eggs that reference the later game could be fun.

[Broken Warglaive] with red text "Requires level 110 Demon Hunter" and "looks like whoever wielded this was not prepared" flavor text. It'd just be gray/statless 1G vendor trash that can't be equipped by anyone. It could have a low chance to drop off random trash in some place where Illidan has been before (Felwood maybe).

Or Chromie pops out of nowhere with a level ?? player character and gives this "Um.....crap, we went back too far. Sorry about that." line before disappearing.

I'd be ok with little "4 teh lulz" stuff like that occasionally happening as long as it's few and far between.
Finishing the Scarlet Crusade quest line for Ashbringer would be a change the community could get behind.

And finishing the original questline for thunderfury.

And finishing the countless other questlines whether they be lore or item related.
Some changes we might see
Format: Change (Era)[Current Addon out for pservers]

Enemy Health/Mana/Rage/Energy pools numbers (live) [MobHealth/MobInfo]

Maybe updated character panel to show more stats (BC/WotLK) [TheoryCraft]

Current Threat meter from live, threat box above UI character (live) [KLH threat meter]

Spells Damage/Healing amount calculated in UI (BC/WotLK) [Theorycraft]

Current Cooldown timers (live)[Omni CC, Cooldown timer]

Casting bars on enemies (live)[oCB2, Natur enemy castbar etc..]

Buffs/Debuffs fully show up on enemies (WotLK)[]

Current raid frames (live) [ANY RAID FRAME ADDON]

Totem duration (not sure when it was done)[]

Vendor prices on items in bags [Sellvalue, ShaguValue]

Number of reagents for a spell (Bc/WotLK)[ReagentCounter]

These are some I can think of...