Why are PuGs so Impatient/Toxic?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
PuGs are what killed my interest for pvp, and endgame content mostly. I don't like putting up with an idiot who wipes the entire party and halting progress because he's/she's throwing a temper tantrum.

If a mage has to pick up the slack and tank the dungeon, then there's problems...
I don't see any problem with teaching people encounters if they're having trouble.

Of course you don't see the problem. You are annoying and do annoying things. I have self awareness and am actually considerate of people.

BTW I lol'd at you feeling bad for me. Good one!
06/25/2018 06:39 PMPosted by Verbatim
I don't see any problem with teaching people encounters if they're having trouble.

Of course you don't see the problem. You are annoying and do annoying things. I have self awareness and am actually considerate of people.

BTW I lol'd at you feeling bad for me. Good one!

MY MISTAKE! I wasn't aware we were in the presence of a self-proclaimed master!

I think what's annoying is you coming in here and making unfounded accusations for absolutely no reason. If you're having a bad day then deal with it instead of coming to the forums and taking it out on people who don't care about you.

I suggest exercise or a nice comedy.

Otherwise, your attempts at trolling are rather boring. Chin up and enjoy your night!

I think what's annoying is you coming in here and making unfounded accusations for absolutely no reason. If you're having a bad day then deal with it instead of coming to the forums and taking it out on people who don't care about you.

Otherwise, your attempts at trolling are rather boring. Chin up and enjoy your night!

I'm not having a bad day you are simply annoying and are now ignored. You can keep shooting random insults at me though I am pretty sure you are picking them out of a hat at this point. Bye sweetie!
06/25/2018 06:36 PMPosted by Demilinde
PuGs are what killed my interest for pvp, and endgame content mostly. I don't like putting up with an idiot who wipes the entire party and halting progress because he's/she's throwing a temper tantrum.

If a mage has to pick up the slack and tank the dungeon, then there's problems...

Yeah this is reason why i'm almost losing interest of pug raid. Mostly pug raid leader always bring 2-3 carry and make thing become slow and bad (they do bad dps and dont know mechanics).

For PVP, im always suggest to premade for BG and Arena. You will always meet afk player, player who left before pvp started, player who think Arena n BG is Playground and they do what they want to do instead of focus on objectives.
They aren't all that bad.

I had a pretty decent BRH +15 pug this evening - we agreed we weren't going to stress about pushing the key, (although we finished with time to spare anyway) and everyone was fairly good-natured about the few deaths we had to people missing mechanics, even when the healer died to rocks on the last stair before bats and got lost on the way back.
"I'm kind of starting to think they should start enforcing better behavior in PuGs and LFR, or at least start putting people who abuse the kick feature in their own special queue."
ya i have 15 110's and i quit healing and tanking pugs all together because of groups abusing other players with vote kicks, i'm not even interested in doing runs any more.
my wife doesn't even go on runs any more and she was the one that got me into raiding in wlk.
06/25/2018 05:07 PMPosted by Chilayllenn
The reason why PuGs are toxic and Impatient is because the "modern" wow player wants to obtain everything fast and now with little effort. Why do you think the blues have been making the game more casual friendly?

(WARNING, OPTIMISM AHEAD)

To be a little bit glass half full I don't think it's the whole community. A lot of WoW players are kind and receptive of new players. I have seen people in dozens of pug groups leap at the opportunity to help new players. That said, there are also tons of players who expect everybody to have everything handed to them. I think its a pretty medium sized minority, but certainly not representative of WoW's community.

I pretty much joined this game in WoD, and as a new-ish player the World of Warcraft community has been extremely helpful to me, even when I've been mean spirited, impatient, and oftentimes resistant to criticism. I've seen my fair share of people who have been absolutely awful, but I have easily seen more people who have been absolute angels to me and other new players. I think the vast majority of players love being helpful, and really want to see WoW grow. So even if some people (including me) can be toxic/elitist sometimes...

WoW's community is a beautiful thing that has a lot to be proud of, and the 3-4ish years I have been playing has been awesome because of that community. Maybe I just got lucky? But I doubt it.
because I don't want to waste my time with bad players.
06/25/2018 11:21 PMPosted by Hsudiro
Yeah this is reason why i'm almost losing interest of pug raid. Mostly pug raid leader always bring 2-3 carry and make thing become slow and bad (they do bad dps and dont know mechanics).

You're dps is terrible. You use inner rage, and grey parse for overall and for item level.
I only run dungeons with friends and guildies, I'll even tank! I haven't done a pug in a very, very long time.
No one says anything really in most groups. It really sad. Since coming back after 6 years or so.

I have 6 RL friends that play, if it wasn’t for them Id probably not play. Its crazy how different the game flows now.

LFR is nice, but i miss looking gor PUGs filled with noobs and patient VETs teaching peoples how to get through.

Oh well times has changed.
They have to change vote kick option. I was kicked for being too slow as a tank when it was the groups low dps that was the hold up. I'm 940 something on the character and was only 200k under top dps. I can double that guys dps in other spec but I qued as a tank not a race horse.
06/25/2018 11:21 PMPosted by Hsudiro
06/25/2018 06:36 PMPosted by Demilinde

For PVP, im always suggest to premade for BG and Arena. You will always meet afk player, player who left before pvp started, player who think Arena n BG is Playground and they do what they want to do instead of focus on objectives.

Exactly this. Pull a boss, wipe in the first minute, scan the group, and see a bunch of carries (usually the RL included).

Happened last night and got told to shut up about the two dudes in a heroic Argus fight who were 890 ilvl. The RL was "doing his friends a solid" and expected everyone else to do extra work to get his friends a chance at gear.

They both died in the first 30 sec both pulls and I left.

I don't even stay in pugs that are heavy with BR server players. It's a waste of time.

Then there's the LFR factor. People faceroll in lfr and then decide they're ready for prime time without bothering to read the difference in mechanics.

Pugs are bad because the players make them bad.
There are plenty of pugs that are filled with rude and toxic behavior. Its the byproduct of anonymity and lack of consequences.

There was a time when people all knew eachother if they were in an awesome guild or were a pain to play with. If the latter and they were horrible people then they'd be basically blacklisted from the server and no one wanted to play with them.

Now ... Its like people have free reign since they'll never see that player again. And can unload all that anger... Etc that they have pent up IRL on ransoms.
I think it would help if there were 2 queues: Chill & MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE. That way people that don't want a gogogo run and newbies have a space to learn, and those that want to get in and done have theirs.
06/25/2018 07:07 PMPosted by Verbatim

I'm not having a bad day you are simply annoying and are now ignored. You can keep shooting random insults at me though I am pretty sure you are picking them out of a hat at this point. Bye sweetie!

No one insulted you. You in fact insulted OP for absolutely no reason. Grow up.
I think a lot of people don't want to do dungeons. I'm definitely in that group. I do them because Blizzard forces me to somehow, like with class hall campaigns this expansion. I actually enjoy Wrath TW (nostalgia), but it was obvious few if any of the people in my PUGs did. They just wanted to get the 5 for the weekly over with ASAP.

I generally don't talk in /party and am considerate of other players, but 99% of the time I don't want to be there. I may not display it in game, but anything that delays the process such as wipes just makes me more irritable. I'm not saying it's an excuse to be a jerk, it's not, but I get it.

Unfortunately, until Blizzard quits strong arming people into doing content they don't want to do I don't expect this will change. It's a disservice to everyone.
06/25/2018 05:22 PMPosted by Romanna
Did a PUG For Upper Kara today. Going up the stairs it was evident the Healer and one of the DPS was on their first time. They got lost, fell off the stairs... Heck, the Healz was a Druid but couldn't keep up, even as a kitty.

Our Tank immediately slowed his pace. He made sure to wait clearly outside of Boss range for them to catch up. We delayed at the cut scenes for everyone to finish. No one shouted or whined. Tank did gear up and sprint when we finally got to the end, but even then he made sure everyone was in before he started.

It was refreshing. Took us maybe three minutes longer than usual. I sent the Tank a thank you note. Even though it was old stuff for me, it as nice to see people not lose their minds over three minutes.

I just love these type of stories.
06/25/2018 05:04 PMPosted by Velasmus
Title. I've been playing Warcraft for over 13 years. I've done literal thousands of PuGs in that time. Every now and then you get groups that communicate well, are generally pleasant, and even (gasp) make friends.

This probably sounds strange to many of you, because it is the sad minority. The reality of running dungeons with strangers, is that most of them are rude, incommunicative, and act as if any delay to their dungeon clears is a matter of life and death.

I've tried to teach people. Some of them are receptive. I level a lot of alts and enjoy clicking that little flag and teaching people boss mechanics, basic game mechanics and the like, but without fail, there's usually at least one person who takes umbrage with this.

Whether it's a snide comment about the new player's lack of skill, an outright insult, or just a vote-kick without even attempting to communicate, these players are downright hostile to anybody who needs some extra time/help to understand the game.

I've seen this behavior in brand new level 15 parties. Come on guys, give them a chance.

And I get where this comes from, somewhat. I've played each of these dungeons a hundred times or more, I get that you might be bored and just want to level up quickly. But that's really no excuse for being rude and/or hostile to new and learning players.

I've seen this kind of toxicity actively turn people off of the game, and I really wonder why it's so tolerated. Especially with Blizzard taking steps to combat similar behavior in their other games.

I'm kind of starting to think they should start enforcing better behavior in PuGs and LFR, or at least start putting people who abuse the kick feature in their own special queue.

What do you guys think? Are the majority of PuG players toxic/impatient? Is it just certain servers? Is there another reason for it besides just leveling fatigue? Is that a good enough excuse? What do you think?

(Note: Of course I'm not talking about Challenge/Mythic Dungeons where the expectation is to do it quickly and competently.)

Some people believe that honesty is the best policy. If someone hosts a m+10 and doesn't know mechanics and continually dying, and the group wasn't advertised as a carry, they need to know that they suck so they can change their behaviour. Sometimes if it doesn't sting, it doesn't sink in. This is life my man.