Hardcore/World first groups?

Classic Discussion
I know this is most likely too early but I figured I'd ask around just in case.

I plan on playing an obscene amount when Classic launches (aiming to hit 60 in week 1, will probably end up hitting 60 in week 2) with the intent of being in the first group that enters and clears MC.

To that end I figure I'd ask around to see if there are any guilds or groups that are aiming for server or even world first MC clears that might need a tank or healer.

If there are any groups that fit that description leave your contact info here or you can hop onto my Discord here to contact me.

https://discord.gg/Td3dqj6

Thanks!
Good Lucky!
World First already happened 14 years ago..won't happen again.

Now you have server firsts.

News Flash..those playing pservers all these years have power leveling down pat...3 days and you have a guild of level 60 players running dungeons for raid gear.

And many of these pserver players fully intend to play wow:classic if there is no sub
07/04/2018 01:46 PMPosted by Brockthorn

World first Vanilla happened 14 years ago, World first Classic kill hasn't happened yet :)

News Flash..those playing pservers all these years have power leveling down pat...3 days

Private servers != Classic servers.

I honestly don't even know what your point is, how do you know I'm not a pserver player? And yes I realize people will hit 60 asap and start running dungeons, I'll be one of them...

I'll add that if they don't revert 1.11 shield slam and add a few HP / damage to the bosses to compensate for 1.12 classes then those "firsts" are kinda an empty victory.

World first Vanilla happened 14 years ago, World first Classic kill hasn't happened yet :)

News Flash..those playing pservers all these years have power leveling down pat...3 days

I honestly don't even know what your point is, how do you know I'm not a pserver player? And yes I realize people will hit 60 asap and start running dungeons, I'll be one of them...

You said you wanted to be world's first yet only reach level 60 by week 2.
You have players that have this down pat and will be level 6o in days not weeks.

If you were then you'd be asking on the pserver if any of those elite hard core raiders plan to run wow:classic with their guilds and join them.
07/04/2018 03:18 PMPosted by Brockthorn
You have players that have this down pat and will be level 6o in days not weeks.

Again, private servers will be different than Classic servers, you can't specifically equate the leveling times. Most private servers for example have dynamic spawns since they've increased the server caps. Vanilla servers had static spawn rates and we don't know if Classic will. My assumptions are that it will be most like Vanilla where the fastest times will be 4-5 days played (people do have to sleep you know). Leveling times are irrelevant in this context anyways, I’ll be one of the first 60’s and how fast that happens will depend on how Classic servers end up being (be it 3 days or 6).

07/04/2018 03:20 PMPosted by Brockthorn
If you were then you'd be asking on the pserver if any of those elite hard core raiders plan to run wow:classic with their guilds and join them.

I have actually, I just chose to reach out to all the classic communities I was aware of but thank you for your concern :)
I am planning to do the same.

I am hesitant to pre-commit to a guild. Instead, I am just going to see how the dice roll and see which Guild (or Guilds) come-out ahead of the pack and THEN join.

By my mind, I will eliminate the possibility of pre-commiting to a guild that turns out to be less than optimal and then having to either 'stick-it-out' and wait for the guild to level up or risk the drama of quiting the guild to join a more optimal guild and having to deal with all of the potential drama and fall-out that leaving a guild might generate.

In any event, good luck to you and see you out there.
I'd just hop on to a private server and get into one of the raiding guilds on there. Chances are they'll all play classic so you can all move together.
Good luck, personally I plan on taking it VERY slow and seeing and doing everything I can at a slow pace.
07/04/2018 03:06 PMPosted by Harland

I'll add that if they don't revert 1.11 shield slam and add a few HP / damage to the bosses to compensate for 1.12 classes then those "firsts" are kinda an empty victory.

don't tune mc. god it only enforces the no hybrids by that much more
I will be taking 2 weeks off work, to Level super fast!
and begin gearing for raiding, and trying to get that Thorium Rep!
for Fire resist gear! (sadly the gear requires trash loot from MC)
Molten Core is so easy it can hardly be considered an accomplishment to be the world first group to clear it. Especially on 1.12 where it can be 10 manned.

You're exaggerating how fast things go quite significantly even on the newest server with dynamic respawns the guild that got the first MC clear didn't have their full raid 60 in the first week, some of them were 10 or so days in. Certain classes still level slower than others, sure the hunters, warlocks, mages and rogues will be 60 in the first weekish but the hybrid classes will not.