Last day to do Mage Tower?

General Discussion
Sorry if this is reposted to death but has given a final date yet?
It'll be gone with the prepatch but no definitive date has been given. Traditionally it's released about one month before the expansion so you probably have two to three weeks.
17th probably

also hasn't it been available for like
over a year

why do people wait until the literal last few days/weeks
06/29/2018 05:29 PMPosted by Coffee
17th probably

also hasn't it been available for like
over a year

why do people wait until the literal last few days/weeks

I'm going with 10th.
if we unlock one variant of the mage tower appearance? will we be able to get the other specs, by doing the dungeons,rbg, and H kj?
06/29/2018 05:35 PMPosted by Mintberry
if we unlock one variant of the mage tower appearance? will we be able to get the other specs, by doing the dungeons,rbg, and H kj?

You will still be able to get the variants. It's just the skin directly from mage tower that you won't be able to earn after pre-patch.

edit: Woops, misread... I thought you meant the colorings. For specs, no you have to unlock the base one on that spec from the mage tower before it goes away.

No. The base quest must be done on each spec, or the alternate colors remained locked until you complete the base quest.
06/29/2018 05:40 PMPosted by Beraht

No. The base quest must be done on each spec, or the alternate colors remained locked until you complete the base quest.
so if i did my fury challenge. then when BFA came out i did 10 legion dungeons. i wouldn't get the colors for the other 2 specs?
Probably on the 5th of July.
06/29/2018 05:42 PMPosted by Mintberry
06/29/2018 05:40 PMPosted by Beraht

so if i did my fury challenge. then when BFA came out i did 10 legion dungeons. i wouldn't get the colors for the other 2 specs?

You WOULD if you got the base appearance for those specs. If you didn't then you're SOL for all 4 appearances.
i'm going to say the 10th, usually something this big usually lasts about 2-3 weeks
I would love the 10th, but the Arena Finals are the 14th-15th and I just don't see them making massive changes to classes right before the final round. So yeah, I am thinking the 17th as well.
Pretty sure they *could* retire artifacts and do the stat-squish without affecting instanced PvP, given that it doesn't use artifact traits/procs/set-bonuses anyway.

Not sure if they will though. My bet is on the 17th, but if I miss out on a few mage tower challenge skins, meh, I don't play those alts enough anyway, no loss. :)
If it was the 10th they would have made an announcement by now.

There will be at least a day or two of 'official' warning.
07/09/2018 07:29 PMPosted by Moghroith
If it was the 10th they would have made an announcement by now.

There will be at least a day or two of 'official' warning.

they made a announcment pvp season ending theres your announcment
06/29/2018 05:12 PMPosted by Steve
Sorry if this is reposted to death but has given a final date yet?

On PTR a 2 weeks ago the Calendar had the "War of the Thorns" on July 17th.
Last week they gave 2 weeks until end of Season.

Its safe to say Pre-Patch is Next Week.
06/29/2018 05:52 PMPosted by Meritha
I would love the 10th, but the Arena Finals are the 14th-15th and I just don't see them making massive changes to classes right before the final round. So yeah, I am thinking the 17th as well.

you know they used the previous pvp season for arena stuff right not the current
A 10 day necro
17th more likely, esports on 15th and last pvp season ends 17th, it all matches.
06/29/2018 05:35 PMPosted by Pázuzu
07/10/2018 02:19 PMPosted by Mongollo
06/29/2018 05:35 PMPosted by Pázuzu

No. Each spec will need to complete it's own challenge.

Whereas hidden appearances will unlock character wide, so long as you've unlocked *A* hidden appearance, the mage tower doesn't work that way.

Each color variant says "Complete Highlords Return AND [secondary requirement]." As a result, you can not 'cheat' and do the Balance Druid tower and get the 3 non basic color variants of Guardian Druid, for example.