Battle for lordaeron only for pre purchase

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
Just like Demon Hunters in Legion.
From the interview:

"Then, for players who have purchased BfA, we’re thinking about a week before the expansion drops, you’ll be able to do the battle for Lordaeron scenario, in the same way people were able to do the battle for Broken Shore in advance of the Legion expansion. That will tell that piece of the story.

So, like the first attack on Broken Shore, you will get to do it right before launch day. After launch day, you can do it whenever you get around to purchasing.

Seems pretty straightforward to me.
Apologies for the necro but I couldn't find a recent post on this. (Inb4 someone links one in this thread that I missed).

It was previously communicated that you would need to pre-purchase Battle for Azeroth to play the final part of the 8.0 pre-patch event tomorrow, The Siege of Lordaeron, however, this is no longer the case and we have changed it to now be available regardless of prepurchasing the expansion!

I also want to throw out a reminder that you all have a week to go before the pre patch events are removed from the game and as such the mounts, Teldrassil Hippogryph and the Undercity Plaguebat for the Alliance and Horde respectively, will be no longer attainable. So remember to get out to Darkshore and get those done so you don't miss out!
Is there a skip for last weeks part of the quest chain?
08/06/2018 10:45 AMPosted by Attackcopter

No.
I had only upgrade 3 of my accounts to Battle for Azeroth and have 5 active subs.
08/06/2018 10:45 AMPosted by Attackcopter

No, but it doesn't take more than half an hour to do (and that's doing it really slow).
This is awesome. Than you so much for doing this.

Btw, since a blue necroed a thread, does that mean that necromancers are confirmed as the next class?
08/06/2018 10:58 AMPosted by Drusillia
This is awesome. Than you so much for doing this.

Btw, since a blue necroed a thread, does that mean that necromancers are confirmed as the next class?

There will be no Necromancing the Stone.

(Also: No)
08/06/2018 10:43 AMPosted by Ythisens
Apologies for the necro but I couldn't find a recent post on this. (Inb4 someone links one in this thread that I missed).

It was previously communicated that you would need to pre-purchase Battle for Azeroth to play the final part of the 8.0 pre-patch event tomorrow, The Siege of Lordaeron, however, this is no longer the case and we have changed it to now be available regardless of prepurchasing the expansion!

I also want to throw out a reminder that you all have a week to go before the pre patch events are removed from the game and as such the mounts, Teldrassil Hippogryph and the Undercity Plaguebat for the Alliance and Horde respectively, will be no longer attainable. So remember to get out to Darkshore and get those done so you don't miss out!

First off here is that one you missed.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20767336972?page=2#post-30

Second, I'll just copy my post from there and ask for clarification.

08/06/2018 08:28 AMPosted by Marakurta
Question, this is just the scenario that comes out for those who pre-purchased BfA right? Not the two additional follow up quests as well in Slithus which actually give the Heart of Azeroth neck piece right? Because the wording on the blue post which I've linked below almost indicates that you might get the Heart tomorrow. Specifically the part the talks about after the Battle for Lordaeron.

Link:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/news/22010728#1

Obviously the pre-purchase part no longer applies. And one last thing:

Threads arise, bump and type. Bring victory at last to this fallen write.

HOW COULD YOU OX!
None of these events is available for anyone under 110.

New thing to be excluded from the pre-patch. Only other time I recall is Vanilla where the plague mobs spawned in Winterspring. . .
First off here is that one you missed.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20767336972?page=2#post-30

See called it.

Not the two additional follow up quests as well in Slithus which actually give the Heart of Azeroth neck piece right? Because the wording on the blue post which I've linked below almost indicates that you might get the Heart tomorrow. Specifically the part the talks about after the Battle for Lordaeron.

Link:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/news/22010728#1

The Heart of Azeroth will be obtainable on the 13th at 3pm PDT. Essentially once the expansion goes live.
06/30/2018 08:16 PMPosted by Ðamien
06/30/2018 08:10 PMPosted by Mauerbrecher
Yes it's true.

Burning the tree is for everyone, Undercity is BfA only.

Hey, Look. Killing horde is worth $40 bucks. Haha!

If you think you'll be killing Horde, and you show up without a gas mask, you may be in for a surprise. >:]
08/06/2018 11:26 AMPosted by Ythisens

The Heart of Azeroth will be obtainable on the 13th at 3pm PDT. Essentially once the expansion goes live.

Ok thanks for the clarification on that :)
08/06/2018 11:26 AMPosted by Ythisens

It is amusing I had to answer this same question outside of the game. My other half was totally convinced we would be getting this before it went live. To which, I responded fairly word for word what you just said (but I did so over this past weekend). (We both had beta, so I'm not even sure how this was a question.)

I think the concern/confusion is because the quest itself is obtainable and completed in Silithus -- not Kul'Tiras.
This is really dumb, past events like Operation Gnomergen didn't require the expansion, I know because I used to order the boxes back then and I didn't get them until a couple days after launch.

Blizzard is getting greedier and I'm kind of getting sick of it...
08/06/2018 10:43 AMPosted by Ythisens

Does this mean Undercity is going away? It seems kinda important for what comes immediately after
08/06/2018 11:32 AMPosted by Mightylink
This sucks if its true, we never needed the expansion for past events like Operation Gnomergen and Tripping the Rifts, I know because I used to order the boxes back then and didn't input my code until after release.

If this is true then Blizzard is getting greedier v_v

This is just bizarre moon logic on your part. They're making an event (The Siege of Lordaeron) available before the release of the expansion. Does the cognitive dissonance ringing in your head hurt enough that logic doesn't work anymore? I'm curious.

In seriousness, though, what you're saying makes absolutely no sense. Like at all.
That being said, since it has been changed to be pre-expansion content, does that mean that the Seige of Lordaeron Scenario will cease to exist on Launch Day?

It's still slightly murky...

Thanks!