Rep grinds are just tedius & unfun

General Discussion
Rep grinds are only grinds when the rep is the sole goal. I am exalted with all Legion factions and never did a specific rep grind. I did the stories, leveled to 110 and geared my character. By doing those things through quests, dungeons, raids and WQs I found myself exalted before I even knew it.

Play the game. You get rep for doing it. I remember the nightmare of grinding (really grinding) Argent Dawn rep back in the day. Endless collecting of bone fragments from the crypt next to Uther's Tomb in WPL for turn in. THAT was grind.

Kids these days.....Now GET OFF MY LAWN!
Rep grinds are unfun when you change mains any amount due to how blizzard changes them.

Blizzard seems to do massive revamps to every one of my mains. Massive prunes to my sub rogue, complete destruction of my survival hunter... You can't honestly blame me for having to change mains when I no longer find them fun with changes made to them that literally change every aspect about them.
I have fond memories of this rep and unlocking the fishing rod on several characters.

I still make a point of stopping by on young alts that find themselves in Northrend to do a daily now and then, but haven't gone so far as to regrind it.
06/23/2018 08:32 PMPosted by Telonis
Rep grinds are only grinds when the rep is the sole goal. I am exalted with all Legion factions and never did a specific rep grind. I did the stories, leveled to 110 and geared my character. By doing those things through quests, dungeons, raids and WQs I found myself exalted before I even knew it.

Play the game. You get rep for doing it. I remember the nightmare of grinding (really grinding) Argent Dawn rep back in the day. Endless collecting of bone fragments from the crypt next to Uther's Tomb in WPL for turn in. THAT was grind.

You seem to think that your way of playing the game is the only way to play the game. It's not.

If you are posting on the character that got `all the Legion reps', you are wrong about getting all the legion reps. You haven't got anywhere with Talon's Vengeance, the various fishing buddies, or Chromie. Why not? According to your logic, you should get them just by playing the game.

The OP was specifically complaining about the Kalu'ak rep. I don't think that your post addressed that at all, and I can't help but notice that you haven't finished that rep yourself; in fact, it's the one rep from Wrath that you started but didn't finish which, I think, may reinforce the OP's point.
06/23/2018 09:41 PMPosted by Mikdra
06/23/2018 08:32 PMPosted by Telonis

You seem to think that your way of playing the game is the only way to play the game. It's not.

If you are posting on the character that got `all the Legion reps', you are wrong about getting all the legion reps. You haven't got anywhere with Talon's Vengeance, the various fishing buddies, or Chromie. Why not? According to your logic, you should get them just by playing the game.

The OP was specifically complaining about the Kalu'ak rep. I don't think that your post addressed that at all, and I can't help but notice that you haven't finished that rep yourself; in fact, it's the one rep from Wrath that you started but didn't finish which, I think, may reinforce the OP's point.

Hey, post history is working again. Now I can find threads I entered again. Nice.

Everything in the game requires some sort of work. You have to do something in game in order to get a reward. The decision of what rewards are worth the effort in entirely up to each individual player. I decided that Chromie and Tuskar rep were not worth the effort required so I didn't do them or stopped doing them.

None of that invalidates my point of earning rep today not being a grind. WQs are essential to early gearing. Dailies back in Wrath filled the same role as WQs today and were in fact the precursor to the WQ system. By gearing your character in Legion, at least early before all the short cuts and skips, you earned rep. So you did many thing simultaneously. You gained rep, worked towards flight, geared up, built BLP, got AP and progressed the story.

Compare that to opening Naxx40. To effectively farm on my Warrior I had to gear up to where lvl 60 mobs (max at the time) were trivial which meant gearing up and farming raids. Then I had no quests, having done all of them already, for Argent Dawn. Just a turn in for various resources. So I had to kill mobs for said resources and turn them in. So instead of quests and dungeons I ran, as a full BWL/AQ40 geared Warrior, endless laps around a crypt in WPL to get resources for rep and only rep so I could unlock a raid. Nothing else. That was a grind.
That said with 42 short days left before BFA releases and sooner for prepatch

they need to up the rep given for Argussian Reach and Army of the light.