Server Reputations

General Discussion
I've been hearing alot about servers with a bad reputation lately (like Quel'Thalas, Ragnaros, Frostmourne) and was curious if Dalaran actually has a reputation associated with it. If so i'm certainly not familiar with it :S
Its fine. Most people don't really care, a few just get triggered and loud when they read latin sounding words on the internet.
Not that I am aware of. Dalaran recently left "new player" status because it's population has grown to full. Some people do have confusion over a realm being new player and a player being new. But it isn't a new realm at all, way back when (WOTLK??) I played on Dalaran and came home each and every night to a 30-45 minute queue just to get in game. When Garrosh was offered (one of the last realms made) it was originally transfer only specifically for Dalaran and a couple other realms so I took Vindicar or however they moved us...
Dalaran was a "New Players" server for over a year (hence its bloated population), so there are a lot of newer players on the server. That can be good or bad, depending on how you feel about it.
06/21/2018 12:37 PMPosted by Mvura
Its fine. Most people don't really care, a few just get triggered and loud when they read latin sounding words on the internet.

I can understand why the language barrier poses its own set of problems don't get me wrong, but those servers have also been talked about like they're havens for toxic behavior too.
Dalaran? No. Other servers like Mal'ganis, Moon Guard and Illidan do have reputations though, as do Rag/QT/Az. Reputations aren't always right or wrong but I guess its always good to be from a server without one.
06/21/2018 12:39 PMPosted by Cihys
Not that I am aware of. Dalaran recently left "new player" status because it's population has grown to full. Some people do have confusion over a realm being new player and a player being new. But it isn't a new realm at all, way back when (WOTLK??) I played on Dalaran and came home each and every night to a 30-45 minute queue just to get in game. When Garrosh was offered (one of the last realms made) it was originally transfer only specifically for Dalaran and a couple other realms so I took Vindicar or however they moved us...

Dalaran is one of the original WoW servers.
06/21/2018 12:45 PMPosted by Yubz
Dalaran is one of the original WoW servers.

Is it really? I came from Windrunner originally.

It's not incredibly obvious that Dalaran has new players (at least not now), the raiding scene here is pretty great and the alliance to horde ratio is more balanced than i've seen on other servers i've been on.