Most Promising BFA Healer?

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
Hello everyone. After a couple expansions DPSing, I have decided to return to my roots and go back to healing. I used to main Resto Druid on and off from WoTLK to WoD, but have since stopped playing it.

I intend to primarily run M+ as opposed to raiding. I have heard that certain specs and classes will not be able to perform at higher keys. My question is, which healers are shaping up to be the most viable/valuable to a group?
The one with the best survivability after balance passes, which will almost definitely still be paladin or druid.
I can tell you which class it definitely won't be.
<
07/03/2018 07:23 PMPosted by Enia
I can tell you which class it definitely won't be.
<

Resto Shaman is pretty decent. Problem is if you have to DPS. But if you do nothing but heal, you will always have a place in the raid.
Hey guys Afore here, can anyone tell me which healer is going to be the most fun and mobile and hardest to kill and highest HPS and most funnest again? Not looking for much just the basics thanks
07/03/2018 07:29 PMPosted by Aforethought
Hey guys Afore here, can anyone tell me which healer is going to be the most fun and mobile and hardest to kill and highest HPS and most funnest again? Not looking for much just the basics thanks

LOL. You sir are looking for the Pink and Orange classes.
07/03/2018 07:29 PMPosted by Aforethought

I mean I specifically asked about M+, no need for the sarcasm :)
Holy pally seems to be amazingly boring now. Can't say if it'll be strong or not, but its a big step down in fun from legion holy.
07/03/2018 07:37 PMPosted by Vaerume
Holy pally seems to be amazingly boring now. Can't say if it'll be strong or not, but its a big step down in fun from legion holy.

No specs are as fun thanks to the pruning, but Holy Pally is still the beat tank Healer in the game.
Discipline, RDruid, and MW for fun gameplay.
HPal, RDruid, Disc, Shaman for survivability and utility.

(above orders are listed highest to lowest)
Holy paladin is incredibly dull. Virtually nothing new gained besides a couple of new talents that people might not take anyways, (besides one) and those talents don't change playstyle up much. Quite a lot taken away. Martyr is more or less useless, Holy Shock has been nerfed a considerable amount.

As soon as you try healing on a holy paladin you are going to feel like you're missing a couple class/healing mechanics other healers have to make their healing choices interesting.

I'd suggest a priest, as they're the healing class that got the most dev attention, or druids, who always seem to be a solid choice.
Nothing can go wrong with priest. I dunno if I could say they are pretty "op" now in beta. I feel like they are the only working healer class atm.

If you ask what I wouldn't pick comes pretty much to preference. Pick your poison.

-Mw are pretty much GCD locked and nothing what they used to be. Otherwise they are ok
-Paladins have pretty mixed talents and it feels pretty meh at least to me
-Resto Shamans. I'm still waiting what else they are going to cut out since they lost all their raid and dungeon niche. And to add their talents choices are pretty messed up and Dps shamans are nothing compared to Legion.
-Resto Druids feel bit out of place how their talents got gutted. Current build feels pretty bad if you're doing M+ keys
-Priests, I really don't have anything to complain after seeing other lack lusters
Hmm, so Druids are just ok, pallies are boring, and priest seems in a good spot? Makes the choice hard.
You can never go wrong with pally or druid for M+. Though I think Disc may end up being the top performer in BFA. Minus grievous and bursting weeks.
I agree with most of what has been said, I think the power gap is gonna be closer than it was in Legion though, but my prediction for M+ is:

Paladin > Monk = DiscPriest = Druid > Shaman > HolyPriest.

I think Paladin is probably gonna be the strongest and also has DPS and Tank off-specs in case you wanna change it up a bit, but you should always test if you like it first, if you don't enjoy it then here's a bit extra to consider about the others:

If you intend to only heal then Priest gets a bit of a boost because it has two healing specs, but shadow is not in a good spot, specially for M+.

If you want to also DPS then Monk is something to consider, WW is very strong in M+, but Brewmaster is probably the weakest tank for anything that's not Mythic Raiding.

If you want to do all 3 roles then Druid is probably a good choice because they tend to stay competitive in every role.
07/03/2018 10:48 PMPosted by Holymonky
If you want to do all 3 roles then Druid is probably a good choice because they tend to stay competitive in every role.

I wouldn't say that. Bears don't really have a ton of useful utility that would come into play in M+. They're very good at getting punched in the face, though.
Paladins are your best bet. But we've been pretty gutted to be honest

We lost 15% HP Buff

Our Aura of Sac is the same as our devotion aura essentially.

We basically heal with 4 spells only, 2 of which are basically the same with a casting time difference. So it's really just 3 spells lol.

But we have blessings, we have bubble for survival, we are plate (survival), and most importantly our singlet target heals and beacon do the best at keeping the tank up. So what's going to replace us? Nothing that's right nothing.

So if you want to mindlessly heal with 3 spells while being irreplaceable in raids then go for it!
07/04/2018 05:16 PMPosted by Sindaru
07/03/2018 10:48 PMPosted by Holymonky

I wouldn't say that. Bears don't really have a ton of useful utility that would come into play in M+. They're very good at getting punched in the face, though.

Only good thing about druids atm is Balance. Any other spec is underperforming
Disc is really good in pvp.
Blood DK. Always the best healer. Always.