Never been so unexcited for an expansion

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5
The theme is boring. It's just trying to generate interest from old players who left instead of trying to bring in new ones.

It's fine for a casual like myself, but I entirely understand why people aren't hyped.
06/21/2018 03:23 PMPosted by Garthak
The legendaries and netherlight traits

Good riddance to that crap.
06/22/2018 12:54 AMPosted by Welshcorgi
The theme is boring. It's just trying to generate interest from old players who left instead of trying to bring in new ones.

It's fine for a casual like myself, but I entirely understand why people aren't hyped.

See for me it's the other way around, there is too much hype I'm having for the theme. Classic Alliance vs Horde. No space travel, no world ending threats, no this or that. Just a good ol faction war, armies marching on forts, different stories unfolding on either side. The greatest threat the Horde or Alliance has is their rival!
06/21/2018 05:15 PMPosted by Metrohaha
I can understand the story concerns but I have to say it's executed very well.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no, it's not. Not by a mile.
But luckily with a game like this, the story is hugely secondary to the daily routine and content pathways.

No it's not. WoW without the story is just fight mechanics, and there's better games out there for that.
Honestly, if your stance is Blizzard's official stance when it comes to lore and story in this game, WoW is truly finally going to die.
06/21/2018 05:46 PMPosted by Hipsterdufus
Well if you liked legion you will like bfa for sure. All the marquee content pathways of the expansion are still there, and THAT is the thing everyone should be excited for.

I can understand the story concerns but I have to say it's executed very well. But luckily with a game like this, the story is hugely secondary to the daily routine and content pathways.

I'll miss the artifact for sure but we knew they were going away a LONG time ago, so that's not something in my mind at this point.

I will heavily encourage you to take a good look at the azerite gear system though. It does a very good job of filling all those niches you listed. It's not going to add new spells to the kit, but it easily will impact out character more than any single legion system.

Either way, classes haven't actually lost any significant amount of abilities outside of the artifact. This is a myth people keep throwing around, but many specs actually have MORE abilities than they did in legion, and many have way more competetive talents which will add a much more cutomizable experience.

It's funny you cited that because it was legion that had the insane prune. So, on all fronts, if you liked legion you should like bfa for sure.

Give it a chance. It's far better than the forums let on!

This add bought to you by Gatorade.

Brawndo. The thirst mutilator.
06/21/2018 11:37 PMPosted by Kikk
Also:

06/21/2018 05:57 PMPosted by Metrohaha
Well if you dislike the position your class is in, id recommend trying another one, but I have been HEAVILY testing azerite traits and covering them on my YouTube channel.

I would point you to gory regeneration! Very transformative for bear druids. Stop by the livestream to see it in action.

I have to believe it's a no-no for greens to be promoting their own youtube brands using their MVP account. Especially when you're linking to your patreon account in said youtube channel, and your patreon account name is the same as your MVP posting toon.

This feels really, really wrong, dude.

Holy crap, this. Going MVP to make money off Blizzard ain't cool, man. It's not why MVPs exist.
06/22/2018 03:24 AMPosted by Èxu
06/21/2018 11:37 PMPosted by Kikk
Also:

I have to believe it's a no-no for greens to be promoting their own youtube brands using their MVP account. Especially when you're linking to your patreon account in said youtube channel, and your patreon account name is the same as your MVP posting toon.

This feels really, really wrong, dude.

Holy crap, this. Going MVP to make money off Blizzard ain't cool, man. It's not why MVPs exist.

This isn’t even the first time a new green has tried to promote a streaming channel:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20764136309?page=9#post-177

The good news is green posts can still be reported for advertising. I don’t know if anything happened to that guy from last month but at the very least the reference to the twitch plug disappeared from the original post.

Somebody at Blizzard should really have a talk with these new MVPs. Let’s do what we can to bring the advertising issue to their attention.
It's hard to feel excited for an expansion when the class design is still complete trash.
[pats upset Orcie on the head]. Here! Have a cookie!
06/21/2018 03:44 PMPosted by Floyln
06/21/2018 03:41 PMPosted by Perky
Couldn’t agree more. I’m just glad I didn’t buy BfA. I’m waiting for Classic at this point.

2020-2021 is far away.

you think re tuneing a finished game takes half as long as it took to make it the first time?

dont know much about game development huh
I'm considering leveling to 115 and using it to keep legendarys to farm.
Well if you dislike the position your class is in, id recommend trying another one
I can't, I just can't with this MVP anymore.

06/20/2018 09:04 AMPosted by Raicolette
06/20/2018 07:14 AMPosted by Metrohaha
If you dislike how your class plays in legion and bfa, then try another one.
They aren't going to change things just because you dislike them.
Starting to question some of these MVPs... I enjoyed something that was fine / decent in Legion but now it doesn't feel as fun. So, you're telling me to play another class, when I like this one?

If it was me, I'd rather quit WoW to be honest. Monk is the only class where I have 2 full hot bars. Don't see what's entertaining about 2 or 3 button rotations and at Blizzards current rate, I'm not going to be a long time player to WoW if they keep pruning.
Alot of people whining about artifacts and legendaries. Why? Until recently in the expansion those were both negatives. Random netherblight traits. Random chance at a legendary that will either skyrocket your dps/healing or be near worthless outside of sheer ilvl. Nothing made me angrier than playing this game 20+ hours a week and having garbage legendaries then a casual friend who plays maybe 3 hours a week gets a bis legendary on his first mythic dungeon boss. I for one am 100% excited that these random systems have been tossed for Azurite traits. While random they wont make or break your spec while progressing through mythic raids or pushing keys like not having specific legendaries will do. Artifact grinding was annoying. Period. It was like having to level your toon three or four times throughout the expansion. Don't get me started on alts in Legion. Until this legendary fix with essences and increased drop rates, if your alt got two garbage legendaries off the bat it was done. Unless you really had time to farm all the content in the game more than once a weel or really wanted to play that alt then it was done. I for one am excited to be rid of those things.
06/22/2018 08:02 AMPosted by Bearlington
Alot of people whining about artifacts and legendaries. Why? Until recently in the expansion those were both negatives. Random netherblight traits. Random chance at a legendary that will either skyrocket your dps/healing or be near worthless outside of sheer ilvl. Nothing made me angrier than playing this game 20+ hours a week and having garbage legendaries then a casual friend who plays maybe 3 hours a week gets a bis legendary on his first mythic dungeon boss. I for one am 100% excited that these random systems have been tossed for Azurite traits. While random they wont make or break your spec while progressing through mythic raids or pushing keys like not having specific legendaries will do. Artifact grinding was annoying. Period. It was like having to level your toon three or four times throughout the expansion. Don't get me started on alts in Legion. Until this legendary fix with essences and increased drop rates, if your alt got two garbage legendaries off the bat it was done. Unless you really had time to farm all the content in the game more than once a weel or really wanted to play that alt then it was done. I for one am excited to be rid of those things.

It's not because they are taking them away, it's because they are giving nothing in return for them. We don't even get a new talent row at 120, it's just leaving classes way, way less powerful at 120 then they were at 110.

Players are supposed to grind 10 levels, just for the opportunity to grind a helluva lot more, just to regain some of that power they already had. It doesn't make any sense.

Also with Artifacts in particular, when they redesigned most of the specs back at Legion's launch, they clearly did it with the Artifact weapon in mind. Now taking that away has gutted a very, very large amount of specs.
I can't, I just can't with this MVP anymore.

He's not indicative of how MVPs should be. Most of them are actually really quite fair. He's just a one sided person who spouts the Blizzard line for everything.

There is no actual discussion with him on any topic, he's just noise on the forums.
I think I lost some brain cells reading that green text.
06/22/2018 08:23 AMPosted by Misuzu
I think I lost some brain cells reading that green text.

Just imagine how many have to be lost to write it in the first place.
I m unexcited because things like the mage tower happened and it could happen again so my trust is basically gone because anything interesting could be a time gimick now

Removing content is a cancer and this could have been better handled making it a timewalking solo dungeon

Don t do this again

Either you make content to stay there or repeat but no more of those temp gimmicks thanks