Mage Tower - Destruction Challenge

Warlock
Hi, I'm planning to do Destruction challenge before the PTR comes. Which item level and tier/legionaries should i have in order to successfully complete the challenge? And any tips you guys can give it to me?

thank you!
900+ ilvl to make it easy, no real gear requirement other than that. its a very easy challenge. just don't miss any interrupts/cc/totems and you are good.
06/23/2018 01:40 PMPosted by Pogo
Hi, I'm planning to do Destruction challenge before the PTR comes. Which item level and tier/legionaries should i have in order to successfully complete the challenge? And any tips you guys can give it to me?

thank you!

Honestly, you don't even need any legendaries. However, Norgannon's Foresight, Prydaz and Sephuz's Secret can be somewhat helpful.

To make the challenge easier, attempt it when higher than ilvl 900ish and use a Felhunter (preferred for the shorter interrupt CD) or a Doomguard and take the Mortal Coil talent.

thank you!

Let your void walker tank boss. You don’t need to interrupt. Keep havoc up so you can cleave the worm. Make sure enemy frames are easy for you to see to you can kill the totem. Make sure you have conflag charges up for it. It only takes one conflag to kill it.

thank you!

literally the easiest of the MT’s for locks.

Go in at 910 ish or w/e, any legendary, watch guide and grats on staff.

Be quick on interrupts and havocs/coils and it’s gg
tbh I found the demo one 2 be much easier than the destro one, maybe thats just me

Also the legos I would recommend are magistrike restraints and norgannons just for extra cleave and mobility
I did it today at 910 ILvL with Sephuzs and Norganons.

I used felhunter, grimore felhunter, and mortal coil for interupts (made /stopcasting macros). If all were on cooldown unbending resolve and drain life.

When he casts earthquake use fear before 50% so he doesn't summon the adds, the totems will 1shot you but only have like 2hp so I made a /target /cast conflag macro. There is more than enough time to target them and incin if you'd prefer.

Fight isn't about a damage rush (but more damage would have been nice) it's all about dodging mechanics and interrupting the fel blast/killing totem.
06/23/2018 03:38 PMPosted by Meará

thank you!

Let your void walker tank boss. You don’t need to interrupt. Keep havoc up so you can cleave the worm. Make sure enemy frames are easy for you to see to you can kill the totem. Make sure you have conflag charges up for it. It only takes one conflag to kill it.

My void walker gets insta killed without an interrupt. What am I doing wrong?
Wouldn't worry too much about taking the havoc talent. Until some of the stacks are knocked off the worm its really not worth havocing outside of maybe shard gen. Also to keep in mind, if you overgear the fight too much can be detrimental, especially if you aren't knocking off 3 stacks per earthquake. Keep in mind worm only charges twice, so ideally need to line up 2 pillars on one of the charges each time. If needed, can also fear his cast if kicks are on cd, provided you have decent reaction time. Iirc i just rotated fear, felhunter and grim felhunter, just make sure you not only use fear so it doesn't dr for quake.
The only real trick to it is to hold a conflagrate for the totem at all times, and fear the tauren guy at the start of earthquake to prevent adds. They're not a huge deal it just gives you more breathing room.

Other than that it's basically the easiest of the 3 mage towers unless you do affliction with the ring.

(Edit: Oh, and definitely interrupt felburst. I used the Doomguard for that.)
06/28/2018 11:01 AMPosted by Pandrick
06/23/2018 03:38 PMPosted by Meará

My void walker gets insta killed without an interrupt. What am I doing wrong?

Must be a gear issue. If you can’t interrupt boss use his last stand skill.

Use mortal coil and fear to interrupt boss.
I just started trying it today, need to get the mechanics down and I'll have it. mortal coil is good so I may switch to sephuz, and I was trying out RE so I don't have to worry about trying to keep up eradicate.