How did HighMT.Tauren get on the Broken Isles

General Discussion
I just finished the High Mountain quest where you learn how Huln got his antlers from Cenarius on Azshara. Now I'm left wondering, with no avail from google searches, how the High Mountain tribe got on the broken Isles. The Isles were already separated from the mainland during the War of the Ancients right?
How long was that landmass they're home, and when did the High Mountain separate from the Tauren of Kalimdor?
Pretty sure they were there since before the sundering.
They were just already there. The Shattering was the end result of the War of the Ancients.
The sinking of much of Kalimdor and the creation of the Islands was a result of the War of the Ancients and marked its end.

Huln and the rest of his people likely fled to high ground as the land flooded and got stranded on what became the Broken Isles and Highmountain.
If I'm not mistaken Huln was around before the first Sundering when all the continents were actually 1 big super continent like Pangaea. And when the Sundering happend they were isolated in the Broken Isles just like how the Yongol, cousins of the tauren are isolated in Pandaria
There are tauren off shoots every where. The taunka in northrend, the tauren in kalimdor, the yaungol in pandaland, the highmountain tauren.

My best guess is that the tauren arw a nomadic race and they were everywhere before the well of eternity imploded.
They swam and/or used their antlers for surfboards.
the sundering came after the war of the ancients, so yeah, the land was whole when huln fought in azshara

basically it went like this:
- queen azshara and the highborne experiment with the well of eternity and learn extremely powerful arcane magic
- sargeras notices waves of power radiating through the nether, originating from the reckless overuse of such powerful magic
- sargeras appears to azshara and persuades her to align with the legion & begin opening a sargeras-sized portal in the well of eternity
- the war of the ancients begins as the citizens of azeroth attempt to fight back the legion. this is when the huln scenario takes place
- after some time, a small band led by malfurion sabotages the highborne’s whole “make a gigantic portal so this guy can destroy everything” thing. the complex system of spells that went into forming the portal shatters, causing a catastrophic explosion in the well
- central kalimdor sinks, dragging queen azshara and many highborne with it into the sea. the remaining land masses drift apart into the continents we know today, which results in the isolation of many cultures from each other
06/28/2018 08:25 AMPosted by Axeperson
There are tauren off shoots every where. The taunka in northrend, the tauren in kalimdor, the yaungol in pandaland, the highmountain tauren.

My best guess is that the tauren arw a nomadic race and they were everywhere before the well of eternity imploded.
It does make you wonder why there are no Tauren native to the Eastern Kingdoms...
06/28/2018 09:20 AMPosted by Naugrist
06/28/2018 08:25 AMPosted by Axeperson

It does make you wonder why there are no Tauren native to the Eastern Kingdoms...

Hunted to extinction by hemet?
06/28/2018 08:24 AMPosted by Sunbelle
They were just already there. The Shattering was the end result of the War of the Ancients.

*gently*
Not the Shattering (that was the much more recent Cataclysm). The Sundering (10,000+ years ago).