R.I.P. First Aid It's been a long journey!

General Discussion
Me and First Aid have been through hell and back from Level 1 to 110 and six xPacks.

First Aid you were with me through thick & thin, auction house gankage and the good ol' days of Tarren Mill & Southshore PVP with corpses as far as the eye can see when no battleground existed.

First Aid you healed my raid when all raid healers were "i'm out of mana I think were gonna wipe!" to give us a bit more time at a recovery.

R.I.P. First Aid.
06/28/2018 06:54 PMPosted by Thorig
Me and First Aid have been through hell and back from Level 1 to 110 and six xPacks.

First Aid you were with me through thick & thin, auction house gankage and the good ol' days of Tarren Mill & Southshore PVP with corpses as far as the eye can see when no battleground existed.

First Aid you healed my raid when all raid healers were "i'm out of mana I think were gonna wipe!" to give us a bit more time at a recovery.

R.I.P. First Aid.

Indeed. I sorrow for the loss of First Aid.
06/28/2018 06:54 PMPosted by Thorig

R.I.P. First Aid.

It is sad they are taking away first aid.

What did it harm?

I fondly remember-well maybe not fondly because it was pretty hard-that quest I think it was in the Hinterlands in Vanilla where you had to heal the wounded orcs to level your first aid.

There was a time when first aid was actually useful.

Couldn't they have made it useful instead of removing it?
It's not going away, see vanilla servers.
I remember raiding Molten Core, etc. at content when healers mana was a scarcity. The DPS had to have max First Aid to even be allowed into the raid and bandage themselves (guild provided the bandaids tho). Sometimes healers had to bandage others in times of OOM.

There was So Much Cloth drops that bandages were made just to vendor in TBC. A stack of 20 sold for like 6g - which was good money. Lots of people's gold making trick.

Wonder what's gonna happen to the classes without any kind of out of combat heals. Guess warlocks and mages and rogues and warriors and hunters will be sitting down to eat again. Right now, just bandage and run off to the next pile of mobs.
I remember when always carrying a stack or two of bandages. Healer down? Medic spec Mage to the rescue! Seriously, I know some dungeons have been saved because of a timely bandage.

I was sad how the game has changed, the pace slowly and constantly speeding up and rendering first aid useless in almost all cases. I still carry my 2 stacks of the latest bandage though. Just in case. :)
06/28/2018 07:23 PMPosted by Medeoan
I remember when always carrying a stack or two of bandages. Healer down? Medic spec Mage to the rescue! Seriously, I know some dungeons have been saved because of a timely bandage.

I was sad how the game has changed, the pace slowly and constantly speeding up and rendering first aid useless in almost all cases. I still carry my 2 stacks of the latest bandage though. Just in case. :)

I miss the slower pace of things tbh. When it took 2 hours to clear a lowbie dungeon with a few wipes and sometimes getting lost. Now it's q and run q and run q and run...
06/28/2018 07:39 PMPosted by Empathetic

I miss the slower pace of things tbh. When it took 2 hours to clear a lowbie dungeon with a few wipes and sometimes getting lost. Now it's q and run q and run q and run...

People would just immediately drop group if they wiped now.
I remember bandage healing myself in Naxx.

But I can't say I miss it. :)
06/28/2018 07:15 PMPosted by Rastlin
There was a time when first aid was actually useful.

yeah like a decade ago

sure,
remove self-sustain like victory rush
now you have to eat/bandage between mobs

gee that sounds a bit miserable can't imagine why they did away with it

06/28/2018 07:39 PMPosted by Empathetic
I miss the slower pace of things tbh. When it took 2 hours to clear a lowbie dungeon

you think you do
but you don't
So many people don't realize that bandages will still be in the game. They are just made by tailors now.
06/28/2018 08:14 PMPosted by Arylachor
So many people don't realize that bandages will still be in the game. They are just made by tailors now.
That's not the same as a prof to level--which gives my lowbie characters xp at the Darkmoon Faire. And I really enjoyed doing some of the achieves.

Removing professions is just a step backward, in my opinion. They should have improved it, not removed it.
06/28/2018 08:19 PMPosted by Brahmina
06/28/2018 08:14 PMPosted by Arylachor
That's not the same as a prof to level--which gives my lowbie characters xp at the Darkmoon Faire. And I really enjoyed doing some of the achieves.

I, for one, don't go to the Darkmoon faire. How many players actually bother with the First Aid achieves?

Removing professions is just a step backward, in my opinion. They should have improved it, not removed it.

It was never much of a profession and most toons have far better self-healing now.
My blood DK still sometimes uses the Legion bandages, out of spite.

I started farming the last few things for "Field Medic", then I realized I'm lazy and it is pretty unrewarding.

Many people here are talking about the times bandages have saved them or the good times they had with bandages, not about losing the profession. Don't compare apples and oranges please.
Huh. I didn't know it was going away. In all fairness, I've not ever paid it much attention; I don't think I have a character with First Aid greater than 200 or so.

That is what they should have done. I cannot even remember the last time I needed to use a bandage.
Don't RIP, be anguished. Raise hel. You will find a way back. No tailor will ever replace you, unless tailoring becomes a secondary profession, in which case rip.
I just visited the Darkmoon Fair on beta and realized the true tragedy of losing First Aid. Those poor Injured Carnies will never be healed again! :(
06/28/2018 07:22 PMPosted by Vixie
Guess warlocks and mages and rogues and warriors and hunters will be sitting down to eat again.

Destro Warlock ==Drain Life
Demo Warlock ==Drain Life
Aff Warlock == Siphon Life + Phantom Singularity

Assassination Rogues == Crimson Vial + (if you take the talent) Leeching Poison
Outlaw Rogues == Crimson Vial + (again IF you take the talent) Iron Stomach
Subtlety Rogues == Crimson Vial + (yep nother talent) Soothing Darkness

Arms Warriors == Second Wind + Victory Rush
Fury Warriors == Bloodthirst + Enraged Regeneration + Furious Charge
Prot Warriors == Last Stand + Victory Rush

Beast Mastery Hunters == Exhilaration + Aspect of the Turtle + Mend Pet
Marksman Hunters == Exhilaration + Aspect of the Turtle + Mend Pet (although useless to MM as Lone Wolf means no pet effectively)
Survival Hunters == Exhilaration + Aspect of the Turtle

Mages? yeah you guys still eat and kite sorry...

Lots of self heals/recovery tools out there but I am still sad to see First Aid go. Mainly because from what I know right now its an unnecessary change with nothing replacing it.