1-way transfers

Classic Discussion
I'd like to suggest 1-way server transfers OFF the "Classic" realm onto normal servers.

Why? Transmog!

Tons of items exist in Classic that can't be obtained at all or not without more time than leveling to 60 and raiding for 6 months would take (black market), giving people who level in Classic the real way, a way to transmog those items in BfA would probably do wonders for keeping these players around a bit longer.

I personally wouldn't use this feature, as I have no desire to play retail and only want to play Classic right now, but I'm sure others would love it.

If they don't allow the transfer, at least link the items to a "retail" account so they are unlocked for transmog.

I miss my Rhok'Delar.
*tips tea and waits for the comments*
I personally feel they should not do this, as this connection to the other server would basically make it where people still sell low-level vanilla greens for higher than they should purely because people are wanting to unlock that appearance on BfA or whatever current expansion is running.

This would have very negative consequence on the normal vanilla economy.
*Lays back in chair. Puts legs on stool and hands behind head. Sighs. Laughs at all the No's that are incoming."
No.
Ok but then your account is perma banned from classic servers.
Definite NO. Classic needs to be its own thing with NOTHING tied to the other versions of WoW
I think it belongs to General discussion. It affects Classic, but less than it affects live.

I don't care much if someone decides to lose their chars to transfer cosmetics to an inferior game.
They should find a way to add the transmog for those items back into retail rather than forcing transmog hunters to play a version of the game they might not even like for months to get it.
Eh, no skin off my teeth, BUT ...

It's not the WOW: Classic development team involved in a decision like this. The WOW: Retail team would have to decide those items even could be carried forward, given their adamant refusal to add them for transmog to date.

Imagine the river of tears if they announced a one-way transfer, but it stripped all non-Retail items, with or without a token gold replacement value.
When you're trying to "get away with something"

it usually helps if you don't tell anyone what you're doing.

I'd have been pretty indifferent to your proposal in general having not thought about the potential Xmog loophole it would open up. But since you pointed out said loophole it would create, and I am against that being a thing for the sake of game health, I must be actively against your idea to allow even limited one time only transfers to retail from Classic.
06/21/2018 12:16 PMPosted by Nostalrius
I'd like to suggest 1-way server transfers OFF the "Classic" realm onto normal servers.

Why? Transmog!

Tons of items exist in Classic that can't be obtained at all or not without more time than leveling to 60 and raiding for 6 months would take (black market), giving people who level in Classic the real way, a way to transmog those items in BfA would probably do wonders for keeping these players around a bit longer.

I would be against this because it would encourage tourists to come from retail for transmog only, and they would have no qualms rolling on gear they don't need just to fill out their wardrobe.
I would prefer Blizz keep the two games as separate as possible, but I can see why it would appealing to some.
Just ignore and report for trolling. Send this Legion player back to free legendary land where every chest has a 50% drop rate for the best item in the game. Dont know how such a ignorant individual could wear the name of Nostalrius. You should be forced to name change.

Transfering your Vanilla toon to a BFA server would increase the prices of greens in Classic thus changing the AH to be much more expensive and affordable for levelers. This is the same reason WoW tokens should not be added. They inflate the market then increase the prices of all items on the server. "WOW TOKENS DONT GENERATE GOLD R TARD!" They do when no one buys the token on the AH.
sure, like a year after servers are up. at that point you are invested and either have stopped playing classic or we might see a return of players once they announce it will be added.

day 1 though I'd say DEFINATELY not
I'm okay with sharing one subscription fee but the games themselves should be entirely separate. If there are ever transfers, they should be to a BC Classic server should that come to exist.
06/21/2018 05:21 PMPosted by Shaulas
I'm okay with sharing one subscription fee but the games themselves should be entirely separate. If there are ever transfers, they should be to a BC Classic server should that come to exist.

transfer to a TBC realm makes complete sense since i wouldnt want a vanilla server to completely change to TBC thus making my 10000 hours into one character completely wasted and because TBC doesnt have xmog means greens wouldnt be inflated for no reason.
I kind of don't want portions of the population just playing to transfer things off of the classic servers to live that are no longer available.

I'd like the ZG tigers, Raptors, black quiraji mount, other vanilla unique items to stay on the servers, not just leave to fill a retail collection tab.
I’d rather see live side achievements for this kinda thing. IF they were going to do something like this I mean.

These items are not in live. Either bring them back in live or enjoy them in Classic. No need to create a funnel from one to the other.
Feel if services like this is used it should be limited to transfers between classic servers wouldn't want someone join just to rush to set that they want ninja loot it and run away.