Will World of Warcraft Classic be Progressive

Classic Discussion
Hey guys, We've had a lot of classic news in the last couple of days. The Dev water cooler and the Job posting. But i have seen a lot of rumors flying around concerning if classic wow will be progressive. The mention of using the patch 1.12.1 (Drums of War) made many people thing the servers will release with BWL, AQ and Naxxaramas in the game. I think if we were informed on what is happening on this front it will be a relief for many people in the classic community. Blizzard has been doing an amazing job so far, If i could get a response it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Akriin.
06/22/2018 12:29 PMPosted by Akriin
Hey guys, We've had a lot of classic news in the last couple of days. The Dev water cooler and the Job posting. But i have seen a lot of rumors flying around concerning if classic wow will be progressive. The mention of using the patch 1.12.1 (Drums of War) made many people thing the servers will release with BWL, AQ and Naxxaramas in the game. I think if we were informed on what is happening on this front it will be a relief for many people in the classic community. Blizzard has been doing an amazing job so far, If i could get a response it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Akriin.

Uncertain at this point but seems that generally patch progression is what people seem to want.
I'd be surprised to see true patch progression tbh...best I can imagine would be private server esque gated releases. Though I'd love to see real patch progression, personal preference would be a prolonged release period of say 5-6 years from 1.1 to 1.12, which is contrary to what I see most advocate (accelerated release cycle). I just don't see the point of rushing it.
Answer : no
they clearly announced the entire World of Warcraft experience
will be everything thru Patch 1.12 witch mean no staggered release
or other methods, every dungeon and BGs and raid included up too
patch 1.12 will be available at the start.
There will be no patch progression. Blizzard already stated that 1.12 is the base they are starting from.
06/22/2018 12:47 PMPosted by Spiritbow
every dungeon and BGs and raid included up too

They never said this.

No patch progression =/= content progression
And once it progresses, do what? Start over.

There is no point to progression if we already have it. That would go against museum concept.
06/22/2018 12:56 PMPosted by Lumìnary
every dungeon and BGs and raid included up too

They never said this.

^
I agree with this.
It would be completely detrimental to release Naxx at launch, and I can't imagine they would do that.
06/22/2018 12:33 PMPosted by Nalal

Uncertain at this point but seems that generally patch progression is what people seem to want.

I don't think "patch progression" is the right way to say it. Probably more like "content progression". Patch progression implies new features are introduced. But I think it'll probably just be staggered content.
I'm guessing time gated raid releases. Maybe MC being opened on launch with subsequent raid openings staggered over the next however many months to make the realm first raid clear races closer.
06/22/2018 01:12 PMPosted by Dealloc
06/22/2018 12:33 PMPosted by Nalal

I don't think "patch progression" is the right way to say it. Probably more like "content progression". Patch progression implies new features are introduced. But I think it'll probably just be staggered content.

The big question is whether talents, items, etc, fall under content.
06/22/2018 01:26 PMPosted by Koushi
06/22/2018 01:12 PMPosted by Dealloc

"Content" almost certainly means, in this case, raids dungeons and the items associated with it.

It'd be very odd to be in a "1.12" state, but the current 'release' of content just hasn't buffed a couple talents you wanted yet.

they quite clearly announced absolutely nothing.

In classic blizzard fashion - their statement was as clear as mud.

There isn't even a concrete statement saying if there will or won't be achievements or transmog even though the very post they made explicitly mentions both.
06/22/2018 01:28 PMPosted by Lugha
06/22/2018 01:26 PMPosted by Koushi

"Content" almost certainly means, in this case, raids dungeons and the items associated with it.

It'd be very odd to be in a "1.12" state, but the current 'release' of content just hasn't buffed a couple talents you wanted yet.

It would be virtually the same as a pseudo-progressive-patching and be like how things rolled out in vanilla minus the bug fixes that came with content patches. It's simply migrating from one patch's databases to the next.
06/22/2018 01:31 PMPosted by Äger

they quite clearly announced absolutely nothing.

In classic blizzard fashion - their statement was as clear as mud.

There isn't even a concrete statement saying if there will or won't be achievements or transmog even though the very post they made explicitly mentions both.

They take pleasure in seeing us fight over it. Most Blizz devs weren't even around for vanilla.
I just think its utopia, I really doubt that blizzard will make wow classic with no changes.
Btw, even if blizzard start with MC BWL AQ and NAXX open, will take while to finish it all, if you rush to finish it. what's the point? farming?

If its vanilla wow, its gonna be a frozen world forever, no patch's no changes just a static game forever.

and that's what it should be.
06/22/2018 01:00 PMPosted by Iommi
06/22/2018 12:56 PMPosted by Lumìnary
They never said this.

^
I agree with this.
It would be completely detrimental to release Naxx at launch, and I can't imagine they would do that.

And why not since they said they do not want to maintain 2 MMO's.
wow: classic will be the static version..never changing except for maybe bug fixes cropping up due to their port.
06/22/2018 01:37 PMPosted by Sindrelyn
I just think its utopia, I really doubt that blizzard will make wow classic with no changes.
Btw, even if blizzard start with MC BWL AQ and NAXX open, will take while to finish it all, if you rush to finish it. what's the point? farming?

If its vanilla wow, its gonna be a frozen world forever, no patch's no changes just a static game forever.

and that's what it should be.

You always know what you are going to be logging into..no matter if it's today, tomorrow, in 6 months or a year.
06/22/2018 01:45 PMPosted by Brockthorn
<span class="truncated">...</span>

^
I agree with this.

And why not since they said they do not want to maintain 2 MMO's.
wow: classic will be the static version..never changing except for maybe bug fixes cropping up due to their port.
This quote is taken out of context so often. In the interview, Brack is referring to the difficulty of maintaining a game with an outdated codebase on current architectures. Read this and be enlightened:

"It was internal discussions, and it was kind of a thought about how we can move forward technically in a way that is not us managing two MMOs. And so—the thing that we’re going to try to do is to run the classic WoW on what we think of as the modern WoW infrastructure. That’s completely transparent to the user. The user doesn’t see how the server’s organized. The user doesn’t see how the database works. But that’s a huge part of the—of how we think we can actually do this now."

Also, Bracks quote is almost certainly a direct reference to prototype two in the latest developer update. Thus, Blizzard has resolved the problem of "managing two MMOs".
They're using 1.12. So no, I don't think there will be any patch progression. The game will be relatively fixed once launched.

That said, I expect they might have time-delayed release of the various raid tiers.