Mage Tower for healers

General Discussion
Yep, again, yet another mage tower thread for your over joyness.
Thing is, just started this thing as holy pala, havent tried it with any other healing spec yet, but I just dont understand whats going on. I try to stun mages, cc the archer like the guides are saying, but jarod shadow-badtank-song just suddenly starts being ripped off to shreds a lot faster than i can try to heal. How can i figure out whats decimating him like that?
If you hit him with the arrow it does massive dot damage. The mage needs to be CC once hitting I think stack 4, any higher stacks and they can almost one shot.
Also, don't be afraid to use your cooldowns, especially in the waves with mage and two soldiers, and the last wave with one of each type. There's a couple spots in the challenge where you can stop to eat and wait for your cooldowns to come back. Holy Pally is very dependent on cooldowns usage for best performance, especially in the healer challenge.
Phase one is amongst the hardest parts of the entire encounter. Help your team push DPS, don't be afraid to use cooldowns, and use drums if you need them. You have a rest phase afterwards you can take as long as you want to let cooldowns come back up and let the drums debuff fall off, so don't be afraid to throw literally everything you have at this phase when things get hairy.
The healer Mage Tower Scenario is hands down the worst in my opinion.

Phase 1 is a very tough start.

Make sure you are positioning yourself to CC the archer. Whether that be actual CC or just placing another npc between you and the incoming mana sting arrow.

I wouldn't CC the mage, I would always focus the mage. They do more burst damage the longer they're alive. Kill them ASAP.

The warrior mobs you get can do really big damage when they're enraged. If you see them enraged and focusing on someone just keep that in your mind for your quick instant cast heals or damage mitigation spells to use on whoever the enraged warrior is hitting.

I have not played a Holy Paladin so I apologize I do not know for certain all the little quirks that paladin utility brings to a Mage Tower Scenario. I wish you the best of luck.
06/24/2018 10:45 AMPosted by Axtel
I wouldn't CC the mage, I would always focus the mage. They do more burst damage the longer they're alive. Kill them ASAP.
Yes and no. Burst them as hard as you can, but if they're still alive when they get to four stacks of their buff, CC them immediately. Four stacks and they start hurting too bad to heal through.
The CC on the mage needs to be a stun so for paladins hand of justice at 4 stacks.

Hard CC like monks paralyze makes your team not focus them anymore which is bad.

It's a lot of practice to get into the feel of the waves. A lot of damage goes out so you need all your cooldowns.

At least the hardest part is at the beginning rather than having to go through a 15 min encounter just to practice the hard part.
From my experience, holy paladins have the most gear dependent challenge of all the other healers. When I first tried it I had very low crit and wasn't able to keep all the party members alive. It wasn't until I got to about 30% crit that made the challenge so much easier.
Honestly, the mage tower for healers, and only healers, makes me tilt TF out. I've done it on every healer, except my paladin who I was working on it last night. Got to 20% on the last phase. Died horribly. Unbelievably angry.
Ty for the tips, guys, really appreciate it.
06/24/2018 12:28 PMPosted by Shadina
Honestly, the mage tower for healers, and only healers, makes me tilt TF out. I've done it on every healer, except my paladin who I was working on it last night. Got to 20% on the last phase. Died horribly. Unbelievably angry.

I think my biggest beef is just that it's a longer challenge that can't be sped up with gear like a DPS or tank one and the final phase actually makes being too effective at healing to be detrimental (it's not horrible, but still counterproductive).
git gud.

nah but seriously just focus on getting p1 down. Use your CC's, don't be afraid to go ham with your CD's, and most importantly, keep your guys topped off. Don't be afraid to overheal. the rest is easy, really. Try to space out your area in the last phase so you don't get overwhelmed and thats about all you'll need to do.
Make sure you have the mana sting debuff from the arrow showing up on your plates so you can see who has it.