Boosted paladin last night, no artifact boost quest

Customer Support
So I did a boot on my paladin, but I can't get the quest to pop. I got all three of my artifact weapons, relogged many times, but nothing. Anyone know what I might be missing? My shaman was boosted earlier in the week, and his quest was there when I logged on.
Have you done the quest "A Falling Star"? It's possible the quest is hiding behind that one.
If the quest didnt pop up right away you may have to go to org to pick it up a few of my 110s didnt have it pop up and I had to go to SW to pick it up from mathias shaw.
I went to org and he wasn't there.

I'm not sure if I completed that quest, I just know I did the same ones that I completed on my shaman.
06/27/2018 09:30 AMPosted by Rindhorn
My shaman was boosted earlier in the week, and his quest was there when I logged on.

Not exactly. Your Shaman did a number of quests after it was boosted. Such as the Hand of Fate, heading into Argus. Most recently completing the Silithus questline.

The following from the Level Boost Support Article should be applicable:

After you finalize the boost, you will start in Dalaran and a quest will pop up on the screen. You must progress through the quest line and complete Sizing Up the Opposition before other quests are available to you.

Note: Other quests will open up 24 hours after boosting your character, regardless of your progress through the opening quest line.
06/27/2018 09:30 AMPosted by Rindhorn
My shaman was boosted earlier in the week, and his quest was there when I logged on.

Not exactly. Your Shaman did a number of quests after it was boosted. Such as the Hand of Fate, heading into Argus. Most recently completing the Silithus questline.

The following from the [url="https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/137381?utm_source=Internal-CSForum&utm_medium=Posting&utm_campaign=BlizzardCS&utm_content=solution"]Level Boost Support Article should be applicable:[/url]
[quote]
After you finalize the boost, you will start in Dalaran and a quest will pop up on the screen. You must progress through the quest line and complete [url="http://www.wowhead.com/quest=48929/sizing-up-the-opposition#comments"]Sizing Up the Opposition[/url] before other quests are available to you.

Note: Other quests will open up 24 hours after boosting your character, regardless of your progress through the opening quest line.

I did hand of fate, and the three quests firstb available in the zone, both characters stopped at the same point in Argus, but my shaman got the quest to head into Silithus, my paladin has not. Maybe I need to wait 24 hours after the boost? I'll see what happens tonight after it's been a full day.
Thank you
06/27/2018 12:27 PMPosted by Rindhorn
Maybe I need to wait 24 hours after the boost? I'll see what happens tonight after it's been a full day.

You haven't completed the questline up through Sizing up the Opposition, as noted in the Article. If you want access sooner, you can finish that line.

You left off on Vengeance, from Illidan Stormrage.
06/27/2018 12:45 PMPosted by Vrakthris
06/27/2018 12:27 PMPosted by Rindhorn
Maybe I need to wait 24 hours after the boost? I'll see what happens tonight after it's been a full day.

You haven't completed the questline up through Sizing up the Opposition, as noted in the Article. If you want access sooner, you can finish that line.

You left off on Vengeance, from Illidan Stormrage.[/quote

06/27/2018 12:45 PMPosted by Vrakthris

[quote="207640180119"]Maybe I need to wait 24 hours after the boost? I'll see what happens tonight after it's been a full day.

I know that I didn't complete that whole quest line, but my shaman didn't complete the whole thing, so I thought my paladin had a bug going on.
Thank you very much for the information, I'll complete the quest line and see how it goes.
I would just like to go on record and say that the quest help and quest progress in general is horrible in wow, simply horrible. half the time you have no clue what you have and have not done, where to pick up a quest line if you dropped it, what is required what is optional. the whole interface needs help, major help. Someone needs to spend time on this at blizzard and stop duplicating the frustrations each xpac.
06/27/2018 03:39 PMPosted by Mingz
I would just like to go on record

This is not a feedback forum.

There's an in game suggestions feature you can use, or you can post in General
I would just like to go on record and say that the quest help and quest progress in general is horrible in wow, simply horrible. half the time you have no clue what you have and have not done, where to pick up a quest line if you dropped it, what is required what is optional. the whole interface needs help, major help. Someone needs to spend time on this at blizzard and stop duplicating the frustrations each xpac.

You'll want to use the Careers button at the bottom of the page if you think you've got suggestions that might help, or post them in General Discussion.

But Game Hints are not something that they have an opening for, and are not necessarily permitted to assist with.

And as a direct contradiction to your comment, I always have every clue what I have and have not done. I've played RPGs a good chunk of my life, so I learned pretty early on to not leave an area once I was certain everything was completed.
If you have more of a suggestion than just "fix it", post in the Quest forum. The Devs don't take feedback from the Customer Support forum and the SFAs here are not liaisons with them. Just complaining about it like you did here offers no information about what you find wrong with it, or how you would like it to work.

What is "required or optional" isn't determined by Blizzard. That is player-generated information. Try the fansites like Wowhead for information on the quests. Icy-Veins and a few other sites allow you to check if you have completed a quest or not.
I would just like to go on record and say that the quest help and quest progress in general is horrible in wow, simply horrible. half the time you have no clue what you have and have not done, where to pick up a quest line if you dropped it, what is required what is optional.

See, I believe it has improved greatly. Most questlines, especially the important ones, appear on the map so you know to go there and pick it up. If you abandon a quest, the exclamation point often will appear on the map to let you know where to go back to.

Understand, there will always be some mystery when it comes to questing, since part of playing an MMO is exploring and figuring out for yourself what does what. For those who don't have the patience or desire to do so there are a number of sites where a lot of that information is available, usually figured out by other players.

That said, as the others have suggested, if you have feedback regarding the experience I'd ask that you submit your suggestions through the in-game option in the help menu or by posting in the relevant section of the forums. For this probably the quest forum would be best.
06/27/2018 03:53 PMPosted by Rufflebottom
What is "required or optional" isn't determined by Blizzard.

I think they mean for situations in which you are trying to do quest Y, but in order to get quest Y you need to do quest A through G in zone 1, plus another two quests in Zone 2 and maybe bring your reputation up to Friendly with faction delta.

The requirements for a lot of quests, activities, etc... aren't always transparent in MMO's. Though they aren't necessarily intended to be.
I don't mind the mystery and exploration required to find out what to do next.

However, most quest-based games have a log book of completed quests. If you've been absent from a zone for a while, or are playing on a myriad of alts, it would be REALLY nice to have an in-game way of seeing a list of completed quests in a coherent fashion, even if it only includes the main story branches (for the sake of brevity).

It would either serve as a reminder of where you left off and re-cap the lore that you might have missed, or if you're that kind of player (and I sometimes am) you can use that information to go look up the next steps in the community sites.
06/29/2018 05:20 AMPosted by Silvertoe
I don't mind the mystery and exploration required to find out what to do next.

However, most quest-based games have a log book of completed quests. If you've been absent from a zone for a while, or are playing on a myriad of alts, it would be REALLY nice to have an in-game way of seeing a list of completed quests in a coherent fashion, even if it only includes the main story branches (for the sake of brevity).

It would either serve as a reminder of where you left off and re-cap the lore that you might have missed, or if you're that kind of player (and I sometimes am) you can use that information to go look up the next steps in the community sites.

post in the Quest forum. The Devs don't take feedback from the Customer Support forum and the SFAs here are not liaisons with them.
Btw - I had a new 110 that had to port to Org, then go back to Dal to get the quest from Nathanos to pop up. If the other options haven't worked yet, please give that a try.
06/27/2018 04:10 PMPosted by Vrakthris
What is "required or optional" isn't determined by Blizzard.

I think they mean for situations in which you are trying to do quest Y, but in order to get quest Y you need to do quest A through G in zone 1, plus another two quests in Zone 2 and maybe bring your reputation up to Friendly with faction delta.

The requirements for a lot of quests, activities, etc... aren't always transparent in MMO's. Though they aren't necessarily intended to be.

FF14 literally does this by marking quests that unlock new content with a special indicator (blue + gold instead of pure gold)
hitting up wowhead isnt "not being transparent", its making up for something that should already be in game.
06/29/2018 10:42 PMPosted by Memelordxd
FF14 literally does this by marking quests that unlock new content with a special indicator (blue + gold instead of pure gold)
hitting up wowhead isnt "not being transparent", its making up for something that should already be in game.

post in the Quest forum. The Devs don't take feedback from the Customer Support forum and the SFAs here are not liaisons with them.