freshy rag is dead

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
07/04/2018 08:21 AMPosted by Sniperace
Who cares if a group of players want to play for 12+ hours a day for the first couple weeks?

Why buff MC? For the group of NO LIFERS that will level as fast as possible to do MC as a guild?

If they want to down Rag within the first week or two, LET THEM! This doesn't effect me at all... Just keep the boss numbers vanilla-like, don't buff them to give these NO LIFERS a greater challenge.

It's like split raiding - let the NO LIFER top raiding guilds spend all day playing the game. If they have the time to spend doing this type of stuff - LET THEM! It's not up to Blizzard to make the raids harder for these NO LIFER guilds. It's up to them to play less. So who cares about NO LIFERS?

This, i am playing in that realm, and rag kill dont change nothing in my gameplay
And this is what happened at the end of Vanilla Wow. This is a complete recreation of Vanilla WoW. You're looking for a remake, or them to make it better than it was. Its not. Its a preservation of what was.
07/04/2018 09:56 AMPosted by Lokubi
And this is what happened at the end of Vanilla Wow. This is a complete recreation of Vanilla WoW. You're looking for a remake, or them to make it better than it was. Its not. Its a preservation of what was.

This "preservation" is pointless if it fails to capture the vanilla experience, what's the point of going back to vanilla if it's going to feel the same as retail, free epic loot everywhere.

It doesn't have to be a bad "preservation", it can be something more.
why is anyone surprised that a 14 year old raid takes 3 weeks to clear? originally mc was done in a mix of blue/green gear. I imagine some die hard people just power leveled to 60. considering by 50 you can enter bed and start farming BIS. I'm not surprised if those 40 people were mostly BIS by time they hit 60. fact is mc was beatable with some very very garbage gear. it also rewards garbage garbage level epics for the most part.

I don't know why people have an obsession with mc being hard when it wasn't 14 years ago. yes 1.12 talents help but what 10% maybe 20% it's not going to change anything if you give bosses more health or damage unless you break mc original difficulty.
07/04/2018 10:10 AMPosted by Sfzrx

This "preservation" is pointless if it fails to capture the vanilla experience, what's the point of going back to vanilla if it's going to feel the same as retail, free epic loot everywhere.

you realize knowledge of the game doesn't go away right? they could do 1.1 talents and rag would take like maybe 3-4 weeks then instead. people actually know how to play the game now.
07/04/2018 10:15 AMPosted by Valhalian
07/04/2018 10:10 AMPosted by Sfzrx

you realize knowledge of the game doesn't go away right? they could do 1.1 talents and rag would take like maybe 3-4 weeks then instead. people actually know how to play the game now.

That's why I'm not a purist, I welcome blizzard's rebalance on old content and classes, whether to give each boss a new skill or anything idk, seems rough either way, considering the old 40 mans were easy to begin with, where it was more 25 people carrying the other 15, I'd much rather do karazhan in TBC uggh.
MC was never very hard, it was new and buggy in Vanilla. They cant make it new and arent going to make it buggy.

It’s the introductory raid of vanilla for petes sake and the way half of you are talking you want to make it as difficult as mythic. Even heroic raids these days are cleared in the first few hours of release and MC isnt going to be any different, it shouldnt be any different.

I myself (as someome who will be both no-lifing classic to hit MC asap and doesnt want to see MC cleared in the first week) have suggested to simply not have MC available at launch, wait a month or so before releasing Ony and MC. This will ensure rag isnt killed in the second week :) It would also give a lot more guilds a chance to compete in world/server firsts and not just people like me who plan on basically playing 24/7 at launch
Players who’ve practiced the same content for years are good at that content? Color me surprised.

Sure, private server numbers may be off, and it may be a good idea to do things such as use an earlier version of Shield Slam. But guilds who have been doing Molten Core for the past 13 years will still be good at doing Molten Core.
MC is basically the Raid Finder difficulty of vanilla

That's so far from the truth it isn't funny.
The majority of players are running around wearing white/green gear.
07/04/2018 08:21 AMPosted by Sniperace
Who cares if a group of players want to play for 12+ hours a day for the first couple weeks?

Why buff MC? For the group of NO LIFERS that will level as fast as possible to do MC as a guild?

If they want to down Rag within the first week or two, LET THEM! This doesn't effect me at all... Just keep the boss numbers vanilla-like, don't buff them to give these NO LIFERS a greater challenge.

It's like split raiding - let the NO LIFER top raiding guilds spend all day playing the game. If they have the time to spend doing this type of stuff - LET THEM! It's not up to Blizzard to make the raids harder for these NO LIFER guilds. It's up to them to play less. So who cares about NO LIFERS?

This.^

Let them clear it. Then they can re roll an alt and level again with the rest of us who actually have Jobs/wives/children or any kind of real responsibility other than playing this game 70 hours a week for the first few months. There are content gaps in vanilla. They will clear it and then sit around paying with themselves waiting for the next patch to drop.

IMHO just make a way to keep these no life scumbags from server hopping and claiming firsts on every new GD server that comes out. With P servers people have become addicted to the notion of server firsts even though they mean nothing.
ye, it's a PServer problem.

but we don't know what we're truly going to get from Blizz.

i refuse to get bummed over something when i don't even know all the details yet.
07/04/2018 11:35 AMPosted by Ocholoco
ye, it's a PServer problem.

but we don't know what we're truly going to get from Blizz.

i refuse to get bummed over something when i don't even know all the details yet.

Why get bummed at all unless you wanted to be part of server first kill.
Has no effect on the majority of players.
On K3 first week it was 7% wipes on Rag, with 28 people in the raid.
Week 2 they had 32 I believe and finally downed him.
The real test will be when average guilds start to raid MC. Will they clear it easily, or will MC still provide a challenge? Going to be interesting to see what happens.
mc will be ez even if they tune it. if they tune for pre raid bis well over 3/4ths of the population will never even see rag let alone down him. there is no sense in tweaking something that people will down with ease unless they over tune and everyone will be pissed if they do.

for those who say oh the race to naxx will take like 8 months ! the game is too easy!

this is the same argument that people use when they say the game is too ez cause xxx guild beat mythic last boss in a week.

sorry but you are not skilled enough to even attempt the mythic raid let alone down it.

the later raids will be plenty challenging with the gear requirements and all that. dont break the beginning raids by overtuning them to satisfy some people who think they can use thier epeen to beat others down who may not be as skilled as them.

stop it with these threads.
They should revert whatever happened in 1.12 to the previous level of challenge which was present for the majority of Vanilla.

Otherwise there will be too little difference between retail's level scaled difficulty and Vanilla.
Remember the MC anniversay LFR?
Blizz knows how to tune fights.
Remember the tears because it was too hard?
They can tune up and they can tune down.
Let blizz get to beta and do some testing. See what happens. There is still a lot up in the air before raid difficulty.
You can't erase people's memories(to my knowledge) and good luck censoring the intenet of wow information.
Only way to "fix" that is with a massive over haul to literally everything! Including boss mechanics. Which we all know changes everything.
It is what it is.
Raiding is only 1% of the game or so I've read in these forums.

You're not trying to carry a 40 man raid with 10 skilled players and 30 warm bodies in 2018.
You now have 30 knowledgeable players, 5 exceptional players, 4 scrubs, and the GM's gf who sux but out gears everyone. So she's top dps while running her mouth in vent. Lol
It is what it is.
1.12 character tuning in molten core is not the authentic experience, it's a end of era.

Doing MC with 1.11+ shield slam is like killing kittens with axes; it's just not right.

Throw in 16 debuff slots and the improvement to several class skills and abilities, and it's even less difficult.

1.12 was part of Vanilla WoW, but that's not to say 1.12 is in any way representative of raid play overall.

The best you can say for 1.11 and 1.12 is that they represent Naxxramas, and that's all.
07/04/2018 02:23 PMPosted by Harland
1.12 character tuning in molten core is not the authentic experience, it's a end of era.

Doing MC with 1.11+ shield slam is like killing kittens with axes; it's just not right.
lets say they buff the hp by like 10% and the dmg by like 5%.

people will still steamroll mc. its going to be a slaughter either way. why mess with the balance to sate people who want to beat people to death with their epeen?