freshy rag is dead

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
07/04/2018 02:26 PMPosted by Xecks
07/04/2018 02:23 PMPosted by Harland
1.12 character tuning in molten core is not the authentic experience, it's a end of era.

Doing MC with 1.11+ shield slam is like killing kittens with axes; it's just not right.
lets say they buff the hp by like 10% and the dmg by like 5%.

people will still steamroll mc. its going to be a slaughter either way. why mess with the balance to sate people who want to beat people to death with their epeen?

It's not about that, it's about the game being as close as possible to its original state content per content as possible.

When you go to a museum would you rather have something as close to the original as possible if it no longer truly exists, or a cheap 3rd rate knockoff? (Private servers)

I have played the private servers, they're fun, but that's not vanilla wow, it's a cheap knockoff.

I want vanilla, and I know it's not going to be 100% exactly as it was, but there's no reason why it can't be close.

As for the E-peen BS, the only people I have seen opposed to original difficulty are those who never raided and those who want to main fury builds.
07/04/2018 05:29 AMPosted by Hatchmark
it took only 2 (or is it 3?) weeks for fresh rag to perish at the hands of 1.12 talents and best guess numbers from the very beginning of fresh fresh.

how do you feel?

do you think blizzard should make it more difficult?

if so, how should blizzard do it?

should they institute a mix of changes between 1.1-1.12 timeline that allows MC to be as hard as it possibly can be.

or should they use their own tuning to make it artificially harder than would be possibly through 1.1-1.12 changes.

I don't really have any hard feelings on the matter in any case, i'm just curious what you people think blizzard should do.

You have to remember that vanilla is not new anymore. People would be downing Ragnaros quickly regardless of what build the game is played on. People, especially veterans, actually understand the encounters and know how to play the game now.
07/04/2018 03:07 PMPosted by Xerash

You have to remember that vanilla is not new anymore. People would be downing Ragnaros quickly regardless of what build the game is played on. People, especially veterans, actually understand the encounters and know how to play the game now.

I agree with you completely, but ill add this. Under original difficulty the bosses will require a lot more group effort and pre-raid prep of consumables and pre-raid encounter gear.

Like resist gear that's handy in certain fights in MC, BWL, AQ40

The result is the raid bosses take longer to down the first time, and as a result much slower raid progression.

In a game that will be around for the indefinite future, there is no need to have a private server 1.12 game state pace because players can instead enjoy the original experience at an authentic pace of game play.
It's entirely up to Blizzard to tune the raids appropriately. This isn't going to be some private server amateur crap. It's going to be what you'd expect.

But you also have to consider there isn't going to be heroic or mythic difficulties. So the raid difficulty will likely be less than mythic.
If the hardcore want to blitz through everything as fast as possible, then that's on them. Blizzard should not alter Classic to cater to min/maxers because Vanilla wasn't designed around min/maxing.

Vanilla raiding had loose comp requirements and it should stay that way. Putting Molten Core on steroids to please the tryhards who have hyper-analyzed these fights and the absolute optimum comps would be a serious mistake because it would alienate the majority from what are supposed to be entry level raids.

The hardcore have Naxx in all its brutal glory. It is a good thing for Classic to have entry level raids like MC or BWL as it presents are terrific difficulty curve across the 4 raids.
07/04/2018 03:13 PMPosted by Harland
I agree with you completely, but ill add this. Under original difficulty the bosses will require a lot more group effort and pre-raid prep of consumables and pre-raid encounter gear.

The result is the raid bosses take longer to down the first time, and as a result much slower raid progression.

In a game that will be around for the indefinite future, there is no need to have a private server 1.12 game state pace because players can instead enjoy the original experience at an authentic pace of game play.

Absolutely, I agree completely. I want the original difficulty to be preserved when and where possible. This is why I wish Blizzard would cut to the chase and start to answer questions about how raid progression and content release plans are expected to play out. Perhaps it is too early for them, which is understandable. I'm just growing a little impatient. ;)

In the case of preserving the original difficulty, this is where I myself am okay with implementing non-vanilla tuning to raids in order to preserve the difficulty if 1.12 ends up being more than just a foundation for WoW: Classic.
07/04/2018 03:18 PMPosted by Kudger
If the hardcore want to blitz through everything as fast as possible, then that's on them. Blizzard should not alter Classic to cater to min/maxers because Vanilla wasn't designed around min/maxing.

Vanilla raiding had loose comp requirements and it should stay that way. Putting Molten Core on steroids to please the tryhards who have hyper-analyzed these fights and the absolute optimum comps would be a serious mistake because it would alienate the majority from what are supposed to be entry level raids.

The hardcore have Naxx in all its brutal glory. It is a good thing for Classic to have entry level raids like MC or BWL as it presents are terrific difficulty curve across the 4 raids.
yep.
07/04/2018 07:45 AMPosted by May
They need to tune it to preserve the original difficulty (number wise). People who are against that would also like a BC server where the 30% nerf on dmg and health of raids is on when they enter kara the first time. Dont make bosses sponges huh?(Give me more epic for free *casual retail laugh*)

Rag was nerfed so often over classics lifespan, that he will need a retuning to make him feel like he used to. Same goes for the whole of MC and BWL.

Actually all the content but naxx needs to be adjusted.

I'd say tune it roughly 10% more than the original WoW due to better information and hardware available today. Naxx is a joke on Lightbringer as many guilds cleared it the first week. It's understandable there will be some that steamroll, but when it feels closer to WotLK Naxx25, you have a problem.

Edit: As for the OP, that guild was full of no-lifers that knew almost every trick in the game as well as it being extremely likely the GMs were helping them. Would you be suspicious if the guild with the server first Argus kill had several people get titanforged BiS trinkets in one lockout?
07/04/2018 05:55 AMPosted by Tarregor
some nochange guys don't even want shield slam to be reverted to the pre-1.12 state
thats because, if they're only allowed to make changes that are within the scope of vanilla, they can still horribly mess up Classic WoW

[/quote]

Exactly, we can't have take the times of face melting, doomkin , and seperate times classes were all OP and roll them all into one static server and call it a vanilla experience.
07/04/2018 04:19 PMPosted by Vallie
Exactly, we can't have take the times of face melting, doomkin , and seperate times classes were all OP and roll them all into one static server and call it a vanilla experience.

Are you sure it's 'doomkin' and not 'oh feck, I'm doomed because I picked moonkin? ;P
[quote="207640984749"]
Are you sure it's 'doomkin' and not 'oh feck, I'm doomed because I picked moonkin? ;P

Also known as Boomkin.
07/04/2018 05:36 PMPosted by Vallie
[quote]

Also known as Boomkin.

And Oomkin ;)
[quote="207640785330"][quote][quote]
And Oomkin ;)

Thats what innervates for.
07/04/2018 02:20 PMPosted by Padrepwn

You now have 30 knowledgeable players, 5 exceptional players, 4 scrubs, and the GM's gf who sux but out gears everyone. So she's top dps while running her mouth in vent. Lol
It is what it is.

I think you were in my guild during Vanilla.
[quote="207640184492"]
I think you were in my guild during Vanilla.

Looks like he actually played during Vanilla.
07/04/2018 05:38 PMPosted by Vallie
Thats what innervates for.

Still hits like a wet noodle and runs out of mana quickly. Innervate doesn't change that. ;)
[quote="207640785331"]Still hits like a wet noodle and runs out of mana quickly. Innervate doesn't change that. ;)

Lose the Illusionary Rod and buy a Staff of Hale Magefire then.
07/04/2018 05:45 PMPosted by Vallie
Lose the Illusionary Rod and buy a Staff of Hale Magefire then.

Aaaaaannnnnyyyways, point is that they run out of mana quickly and don't hit very hard. They're essentially a worse version of an (edit >>>) Elemental-specced Shaman. Deep balance into moonkin is one of the least optimal Druid builds overall. Even grabbing cloth gear doesn't make it much better either. It's more optimal than feral tanking in PvE, obviously, but less optimal than Feral / Resto in PvP.

There are underdog specs in the game for certain content and that's okay. No need to defend them so vigorously. ;)
[quote="207640984798"]There are underdog specs in the game for certain content and that's okay. No need to defend them so vigorously. ;)

As long as you understand that then.
07/04/2018 03:13 PMPosted by Harland
07/04/2018 03:07 PMPosted by Xerash

resist gear was important on tanks and that's pretty much it. I remember only having buffed resists+ tier 1 bonuses (and drakefire amulet) pretty much as my only resist gear and would hardly die on bosses except when it's a clear wipe. as any range you shouldn't be hit by lethal damage from spells.