Congrats Blizz

General Discussion
06/25/2018 08:58 PMPosted by Dreadmoon
If only the Ebon Blade was a separate faction outside of the current Horde vs Alliance crap.

We were so close with that Legion storyline. Oh well.
I suppose in a way the story speaks to the modern rise of populism, and the "election" of celebrity circus candidates who can't pout p^&$ out of a boot but can speak vanity in 40 languages on twitter.

Sylvanas is the great twitter facebook zombie corporate tyrant and her loyal followers (who aren't doing her any favors encouraging her) the enablers of their own cancerous self destruction.

In Game of Thrones one of Daenerys' most valuable assets were her advisers that had the courage to stand up to her more rash decisions and temper the fire of her passion with REASON.

The Horde right now is suffering from a profound lack of reason.
The only real thing about bfa that seems interesting is the allied races. The lore/story doesn't really do much justice for it. I don't even read the lore text with questing anymore just strait to the objective. Kill X amount of mobs, Kill named mob etc. Already seen complaints about how the horde and alliance questing in some areas doesn't make sense. When you stop paying attention to the story , the books loose all meaning /purpose.
06/26/2018 10:38 AMPosted by Hazzulu
06/25/2018 08:49 PMPosted by Kliviz
You set out to make a "Faction Pride" expansion and managed to create a story so hamfisted that it made players on both sides hate their factions.

It's really impressive when you think about it.

What Alliance player hates the Alliance?

From what I can tell the split is as follows.

1/2 Players: Alliance who hate Sylvanas.
1/4 Players: Horde who hate Sylvanas.
1/4 Players: Horde who love Sylvanas.

The fact that Blizzard has written Alliance to be the most incompetent, least ineffectual mass Army I've seen in a video game in recent memory.
Filler expansions have disposable story-lines.

See WoD.
06/25/2018 08:49 PMPosted by Kliviz
You set out to make a "Faction Pride" expansion and managed to create a story so hamfisted that it made players on both sides hate their factions.

It's really impressive when you think about it.

Did they? I dont hate my faction, not one bit

love how trolls like to generalize their opinion lmao
I suppose in a way the story speaks to the modern rise of populism, and the "election" of celebrity circus candidates who can't pout p^&$ out of a boot but can speak vanity in 40 languages on twitter.

Sylvanas is the great twitter facebook zombie corporate tyrant and her loyal followers (who aren't doing her any favors encouraging her) the enablers of their own cancerous self destruction.

In Game of Thrones one of Daenerys' most valuable assets were her advisers that had the courage to stand up to her more rash decisions and temper the fire of her passion with REASON.

The Horde right now is suffering from a profound lack of reason.

Nice low blow. I know this is a lot to ask but could you !@#$ and stop comparing World of Warcraft to real life? I know its shocking to find conflict in a video game named World of Warcraft but unfortunately that is the case.

Your issue, and many others, is your trying to look at World of Warcraft like its told solely from a Alliance narrative which is both amusing and obnoxious.

The Horde have EVERY REASON to despise and hate the Alliance, its totally justified. 40 years of war and thousands upon thousands of orcs, tauren, etc murdered by the Alliance.

Sure you have characters like Thrall and Baine but it really shouldn't be surprising most in game Horde npc's, who have lost friends and family to the war with the Alliance, see the Alliance as nothing more than a tyrannical monarchy bent on world domination.

So the fact that the Horde dosent question Sylvanas wanting to conquer Darnassus isint some kind of poorly written mystery. Sylvanas's motivations are questionable but thats for another thread.