8.0 on the PTR - Where is 24/7 Mage Tower?

General Discussion
We were told "leading up to the BFA release this would be available all the time." 8.0 is in what, 3 weeks? Come on.
06/21/2018 05:13 AMPosted by Marakurta
3 weeks = August 13th? Man that's some high level math there.

8.0 will be the pre-patch, which is normally a month before actual launch, hence the "three weeks" number. Not terribly "high level" actually.
3 weeks = August 13th?
mage tower is removed in pre-patch and pre-patch is 2-3 weeks away.

They usually let us play with a pre-patch for about a month before launch.

If you don't understand something stay out of it. 3 weeks sounds long to me. 42 days of pre-patch, only 53 days till launch. :(
They better get their crap together and get it up. Not everyone has this glorious free time during the next month or two to play and I need one more skin with a paladin who is not getting the gear/legendaries she needs to pass it.
I think Blizzard is gonna whiff on this promise, so you might as well let the salt flow now.
06/21/2018 05:20 AMPosted by Jerauld

Wasn't Legion's 6 weeks? A shorter 1 would be great.

And you think the pre patch is going to drop august 13 and bfa will launch the next day.

Man that's some crazy development dream there..
06/21/2018 05:23 AMPosted by Worton

Yeah. Legion prepatch was 7/19 and launch was 8/30 so near about 6 weeks.

On topic: I would guess MT will go full-time this coming Tuesday.
06/21/2018 05:44 AMPosted by Marakurta
Was this confirmed? Because blizzard stated till the end of Legion, which implies BfA release date, not pre-patch.

Not sure if it has been confirmed, but the squish/disabling of artifact traits/class changes are going live in the pre-patch which would make mage tower likely unable to be done, even if it was around.

Was this confirmed? Because blizzard stated till the end of Legion, which implies BfA release date, not pre-patch.

You really need confirmation that the mage tower won't be available after the pre-patch? I don't get some people.
Edit: I assumed they referred to the expac release when referring to 8.0, not the pre-patch. Regardless the mage tower goes away with the next expac, which would be August 13th. That's over a month.

The Artifact removal is in 8.0. Go log into the PTR and see.
06/21/2018 05:09 AMPosted by Nachtwind
We were told "leading up to the BFA release this would be available all the time." 8.0 is in what, 3 weeks? Come on.

It will most likely be the entire week before.
06/21/2018 05:23 AMPosted by Worton
06/21/2018 05:20 AMPosted by Jerauld

If we are being honest I could honestly see them pushing the pre-patch to two weeks before the expansion. I just have this feeling they are going to do something different. I am probably wrong here but, again, I just have this feeling.