8.0 on the PTR - Where is 24/7 Mage Tower?

General Discussion
06/21/2018 05:58 AMPosted by Verbatim

Was this confirmed? Because blizzard stated till the end of Legion, which implies BfA release date, not pre-patch.

You really need confirmation that the mage tower won't be available after the pre-patch? I don't get some people.

It really hurts your feelings when people ask about this huh? Don't "get" some people indeed.
06/21/2018 05:44 AMPosted by Marakurta
06/21/2018 05:20 AMPosted by Deathchix
mage tower is removed in pre-patch and pre-patch is 2-3 weeks away.

Was this confirmed? Because blizzard stated till the end of Legion, which implies BfA release date, not pre-patch.

Yes, they will not re-scale the mage tower for the month between the pre-patch and the release, so it will be going away with the pre-patch. Without artifact abilities/traits it will be too difficult to balance.
06/21/2018 07:39 AMPosted by Lothàr
06/21/2018 05:44 AMPosted by Marakurta

Yes, they will not re-scale the mage tower for the month between the pre-patch and the release, so it will be going away with the pre-patch. Without artifact abilities/traits it will be too difficult to balance.

That sounds like some solid evidence right there. They never released something not totally complete or made changes that broke things. Your logic has nothing to do with what might happen. I imagine it will be up full time with the patch until BFA launch.
Does it matter if the Mage tower goes 24/7 after 8.0 if it’s no longer possible to actually do the challenges.

The loss of power from the rework/stat squish/loss of artifact abilities can be staggering.

It’d just be more of a really cruel joke then anything else.
I think just because they have plans to do it doesn't guarantee they will
06/21/2018 07:53 AMPosted by Snuggi
06/21/2018 07:39 AMPosted by Lothàr

That sounds like some solid evidence right there. They never released something not totally complete or made changes that broke things. Your logic has nothing to do with what might happen. I imagine it will be up full time with the patch until BFA launch.
the logic goes by previous expansions' history.

mop cms removed in prepatch.

wod cms removed in prepatch.

mage tower removed in prepatch.
06/21/2018 05:23 AMPosted by Tarc
on this promise

It was never a promise.
I can't imagine that people will be allowed to do the Mage towel under a completely different set of circumstances (scaling, abilities, artifact traits, etc).

06/21/2018 05:09 AMPosted by Nachtwind
We were told "leading up to the BFA release this would be available all the time."
On a side note: As to the common misconstruing anything Bliz says as a promise, people will find that Bliz is always careful in their wording. For example:
06/05/2018 06:02 PMPosted by Ornyx
No specific details on timing at the moment, but we are planning to allow the challenge to be attempted at any time, regardless of the status of the Mage Tower, as we approach the end of Legion.
Planning is the key word.

Planning means at the moment, and thus leaves all the necessay room for change later.
Really should've used my boost on a warlock
Crank dat