Will DKs Ever Get an Answer on 2H Frost?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 8 Next
06/28/2018 04:29 PMPosted by Friosis
I like my dual wield frost, unholy was supposed to be the two hander spec. Though I don't really mind if they bring back two handed frost it'd be a bit of effort, considering the ammount of abilities in frost now rely on dual wield animations and use the words "Strike with both blades".

Of course the obvious solution to this, is to just let frost DK's dual wield two handers.

But then you have the warrior's complaining...

Feels like a cop-out.

DK's have 2H animations, just use those.

In fact, why not just have 2H, DW, and 1H/Shield animations for all classes that makes sense (obvs no shield for DK).

It's not like the animations don't exist for 2H death knights, or that they couldn't use more generic animations if you're using nonstandard weaponry.
I am a big fan of having a choice....as long as they would be equal in overall dps or very close to it.

But, if they had both available and 2H suddenly became the only real option if you wanted to maximize dps, I'd shelve this toon. Slow and clunky is not my thing. If it was, I may as well just play a paladin. If that happened, I'd likely end up just maining an enhancement shaman and come to the forums to complain about DW being gutted or unplayable. :)
06/28/2018 03:21 PMPosted by Zerkon
I've been playing World of Warcraft since the middle of Burning Crusade and when Death Knights came out I fell in love with them and the same one has been my main ever since.

However lately I just feel so unloved, 2H frost is gone and it killed me. Death Knights are all about being powerful and swinging deadly weapons. Frost is suppose to be about slowing your enemies with intense cold and finish them off with a final blow; our main attack is called Obliterate! The theme of Dual Wielding just doesn't fit Death Knights at all.

Please Blizzard I BEG you, please give us back 2H frost back :(
How many threads, and cries of aganoy must we endure before we are listend to?

They call it balancing your class, but really its tamping with something that isn't broken. They lose subs over this.
06/29/2018 10:03 PMPosted by Swannsong
I've been playing World of Warcraft since the middle of Burning Crusade and when Death Knights came out I fell in love with them and the same one has been my main ever since.

However lately I just feel so unloved, 2H frost is gone and it killed me. Death Knights are all about being powerful and swinging deadly weapons. Frost is suppose to be about slowing your enemies with intense cold and finish them off with a final blow; our main attack is called Obliterate! The theme of Dual Wielding just doesn't fit Death Knights at all.

Please Blizzard I BEG you, please give us back 2H frost back :(
How many threads, and cries of aganoy must we endure before we are listend to?

They call it balancing your class, but really its tamping with something that isn't broken. They lose subs over this.

Has nothing to do with balancing at all. By this logic all the pruning they've done to all the classes would have made most the player base quit, which it hasn't. They need to bring back 2h Frost.
06/29/2018 09:59 PMPosted by Cuen
I am a big fan of having a choice....as long as they would be equal in overall dps or very close to it.

I'm not even asking for DW and 2H frost to be close in power, I just want the option to do it. I wouldn't care if 2H falls behind DW.
I originally loved the idea of all three specs for DKs being tanks and dps.. so that each one had their own way of tanking. I had fun for a short while as an Unholy DK tank.. it was a very short while...

....just like when they took away the human voice lines from our zombies.

"Saaaale...heeeere"
The most prominent Frost DK is the Lich King and he obviously wields Frostmourne.

I have no idea what they were smoking when they decided to make it dual wield.
most op noskill class out there. even worse than dunters.
DK do not have much truly unique animations that depends on a 2H. Howling blast animation could be used with 2Handers, it's already what ret does with blade of justice. OB would need either the jumping 2 hander animation or perhaps a more simple on considering the frequency. Frost strike is very generic... Frostscythe already uses a 2H animation, etc etc.

I honestly don't think it would be that hard to balance 2H frost back. Some work would be needed for some talents, like the one where you generate runic power on each auto-atack or the one that does a small AoE on each a-a with less then 3 runes up.

It would require some work but I honestly do think they should bring the option back. I understand they want to make things more streamlined to balance better but 2H frost was part of the game since WoTLK...

Then again, I really do not like how survival is stuck with 2Handers now.

Can fury warriors dual wield 1H weapons anymore? Or are they stuck into dual wielding 2 2handers?
Petition to make Frost the 2Hand spec and unholy the dual wield spec signed. This needs to get swapped.
06/30/2018 07:13 PMPosted by Grimsickle
Petition to make Frost the 2Hand spec and unholy the dual wield spec signed. This needs to get swapped.

/Signed
06/29/2018 11:24 AMPosted by Zerkon
I'm glad you enjoy it but what about everyone else who enjoyed 2H frost?

Everyone who enjoyed 2H frost makes it very apparent that they enjoyed 2H frost. It's like that old joke:

Q: How can you tell if a DK player liked 2H frost?
A: They tell you about it. Again. And again. And again. And again.

I just thought it was time for someone who liked dual-wield frost to speak up.

06/29/2018 06:44 PMPosted by Dimpishly
Let's not pretend and lie around that fact.

With the way he raises and commands undead? Entire swaths of undead troops? I always thought he was more unholy than frost. Certainly he has frost abilities, but at his core I think he's more unholy. I mean, c'mon, he raised Sylvanas as a banshee.

But that's just personal opinion.
I just like to play a dk. If 2h does better then I'll play 2 handed. If dual weild does better then I'll play that way.
I still want the hungering cold sword for transmog for dk.
I liked 2h Frost.

I was vaguely disappointed with having to change (Obliterate does make more sense that way...), but honestly, it feels good now, too.

I don't think splitting things up into more hits breaks the inexorable march of death vibe, and it helps the remorseless winter vibe. Sure, exposure or glaciers will hurt (ok, the glacier will take a while), but nothing says you're in trouble like a good windy whiteout with a million stinging flakes.

I'm not even irked about breaking Frostmorne up anymore, though that was certainly odd and I could sympathize with folks who still feel that way.
Death Knights are all about being powerful and swinging deadly weapons

That sounds more like warriors

Death Knights main theme are rune based magic and raising undead.
06/30/2018 09:31 PMPosted by Denona
Death Knights are all about being powerful and swinging deadly weapons

That sounds more like warriors

Death Knights main theme are rune based magic and raising undead.

Go rerun Naxx, you won't find a single Death Knight or NPC dual wielding -_-
Armies of the Lich King who raise the undead shouldn't be carrying small 1-handed swords....
I guess it makes snese that Arthas would have to unbury (ie rob) us of our corpses, in order to be a Deth Knite lol Great wisdom.
06/29/2018 11:14 PMPosted by Beezlebubba
most op noskill class out there. even worse than dunters.
Go take a look at how well BDK did in NH when it was current, and then tell me that... When I killed M-Guldan, I was ranked 67/163 bdk before me - My co-tank, gaurdian druid, was ranked out of 3200+ bears who came before him. BDK were NOT scarce because they were OP. Anyone with experience can tell you that.
06/29/2018 06:44 AMPosted by Enost
Dks the most op easy to play class with way too many cool downs moaning about 2 handed wepons for the sake of cosmetics. Try playing arcane then come back .
Friend, with the artifact buff this past week, I took my pally alt, and started playing ret (was holy this expac)... And it was like:

"OMG what have I been wasting time doing all expansion!??!! This is the most broken thing ever!" Seriously, my judgements were critting for 3 million, 100% percent of the time and I dont even have tier on that toon. That is the most disgusting thing I have ever seen. I don't even know where to begin with how OP and easy ret is... I mean, the rotation is literally "press whatever lights up first" -- And you want to talk about death knights being easy? No man, just no... You're out in left field somewhere.
agree, frost death knight lost it's BA feel when they took away your 2 handed runeblade