Flying grind - regarding returning players.

General Discussion
06/21/2018 10:17 PMPosted by Deadhorse
Why are people STILL beating me?
What'd I ever do to you?

Hahaha didn't expect that!
I feel you OP, a lot of players are unsatisfied with the reputation requirements for pathfinder, and for good reason. Hopefully they decide to change it soon.
06/21/2018 10:24 PMPosted by Hascall
I feel you OP, a lot of players are unsatisfied with the reputation requirements for pathfinder, and for good reason. Hopefully they decide to change it soon.

I kind of doubt it at this point but I'm sure many people, myself included, would greatly appreciate it.
06/21/2018 09:05 PMPosted by Haîkamar
Now imagine being a returning player who, like me and many others, loves flying.

Okay. I would level through the old content in a matter of hours and move on. Done. And if I really cared about flying in areas I wouldn't really hang out anymore, I'd grind out some rep while I worked on the rep needed for pathfinder in bfa. Done.
Imagine being a returning player that just bought WoD, Legion and BFA and loves flying...
Don't have to imagine it. I was. Came back halfway through Legion after being gone since Lich King.

Knocked out Pathfinder for Draenor in about a month. Legion took me longer because I was having fun with the Garrison.

Stop whining.
06/21/2018 11:11 PMPosted by Dundor
Now imagine being a returning player who, like me and many others, loves flying.

Okay. I would level through the old content in a matter of hours and move on. Done. And if I really cared about flying in areas I wouldn't really hang out anymore, I'd grind out some rep while I worked on the rep needed for pathfinder in bfa. Done.

Yes daddy.
06/21/2018 11:11 PMPosted by Romanna
Imagine being a returning player that just bought WoD, Legion and BFA and loves flying...
Don't have to imagine it. I was. Came back halfway through Legion after being gone since Lich King.

Knocked out Pathfinder for Draenor in about a month. Legion took me longer because I was having fun with the Garrison.

Stop whining.

Yes mommy.
06/21/2018 11:17 PMPosted by Haîkamar
Yes mommy.
My kids are better Raiders than I am. And they don't whine about easy things.
You can do everything in pathfinder in a day or two except the revered reputation which requires 2-3 weeks at most. I average a wardens paragon cache every week and a half or so.

It's not a considerable grind by any means.
I don't really have a question or anything like that, I just wanted to vent. Just finish Draenor's pathfinder last week and currently doing legion's. Fairly annoyed knowing I'll have(bla bla bla...) to do it again in a couple weeks to fully enjoy one of my favorite games of all time.

I understand your frustrations. I quit WoD because I didn't want to do the grind anymore for Pathfinder. I wanted to fly, but the zone was so boring and the requirements made my eyeballs roll into the back of my head. At that point in time, I had enough and took an almost two year break from the game.

I came back this past November and had Pathfinder done (and I was casual about it this time) by March of this year. I really didn't have the time to just sit and play like I used to, so I just focused on one character and did every quest I could all the way up to Argus. Pathfinder was more or less on the back burner until I had my fill of the content that was new to me. Once I had gone through the experience, I got a little more serious about getting Legion Pathfinder.

I found for myself that by just enjoying the game and pacing myself, the grind wasn't so bad and I was able to enjoy what went into this expansion. I had Pathfinder unlocked and began doing world quests. It was only recently I got on the character that was grinding WoD Pathfinder and finished the requirements. It took me a week (I had already progressed quite a bit before I burned out).

My advise to you, OP, is for you to just relax and enjoy the game. Track Legion Pathfinder on Wowhead to see how you are doing. Quest and unlock world quests. Have fun! The next thing you know, you'll have all you need and you'll be flying your favorite mount, free as a bird!

Sorry if I'm a bit optimistic, but this expansion has more than made up for the snorefest WoD became in regards to end game content.

06/21/2018 10:17 PMPosted by Deadhorse
Why are people STILL beating me?
What'd I ever do to you?

You poor thing. I thought a Deadhorse was turned into dog food.
06/21/2018 11:26 PMPosted by Zunde
You can do everything in pathfinder in a day or two except the revered reputation which requires 2-3 weeks at most. I average a wardens paragon cache every week and a half or so.

It's not a considerable grind by any means.

3 weeks of your life that mean f^<%all once you get to Argus.

Either make flying part of the game or not. Maybe have a trade-off such as not allowing players to see all of the items, points of interests, resources etc. on the mini map while in flight? Do something that makes sense rather than making some arbitrary requirement.
Just finish Draenor's pathfinder last week and currently doing legion's.

I did it when it first came out -- when 100 was the max level. It was designed for levels 100s to do. I finished it in 2 afternoons. Not long days.

I hope you did it on a level 110. If you did, it was so laughably easy that ANY complaining about it just marks you as 100% unreasonable, someone who makes up fake reasons to complain.

Imagine the insane amount of grind their going to have to do

Well, that proves it. You're a totally dishonest guy who lies so you can complain.
Yea, I'm all for requiring exploration and storyline completion, but the reputation grinds are stupid. Generally it just means you're time gated. Doing world quests that are just repeats of quest you've already completed with terrible rewards are just a time waster.
06/21/2018 11:44 PMPosted by Adalberht
Either make flying part of the game or not. Maybe have a trade-off such as not allowing players to see all of the items, points of interests, resources etc. on the mini map while in flight? Do something that makes sense rather than making some arbitrary requirement.

It doesn't make sense to you. It seems "arbitrary" to you.

To me it makes perfect sense. Because I think that Blizzard is a retail corporation competing for customers with other MMOs in a retail market. And the "devs" do not run it, and do not make decisions like "flying". These are business decisions.

You don't understand their decisions because they don't explain their corporate strategy to the public. Neither does Nike or Apple or Comcast. None of the big corporations do. As customers, we can buy or rent their product, or not. That's it.
06/22/2018 12:31 AMPosted by Cruthall
Yea, I'm all for requiring exploration and storyline completion, but the reputation grinds are stupid. Generally it just means you're time gated. Doing world quests that are just repeats of quest you've already completed with terrible rewards are just a time waster.

Yeah - but I bet you are going to do it all over again for that Azurite necklace.

06/22/2018 12:26 AMPosted by Karix
Well, that proves it. You're a totally dishonest guy who lies so you can complain.

At least Karix gets to feel really good after putting someone down for having an opinion.
06/22/2018 12:34 AMPosted by Karix
06/21/2018 11:44 PMPosted by Adalberht

It doesn't make sense to you. It seems "arbitrary" to you.

To me it makes perfect sense. Because I think that Blizzard is a retail corporation competing for customers with other MMOs in a retail market. And the "devs" do not run it, and do not make decisions like "flying". These are business decisions.

You don't understand their decisions because they don't explain their corporate strategy to the public. Neither does Nike or Apple or Comcast. None of the big corporations do. As customers, we can buy or rent their product, or not. That's it.

That is a fair bit of typing to convey absolutely no information.
I don't know what you're doing on Argus that requires all your playtime. Generally you can complete all of argus world quests in 20-30 minutes.

Game's should never be designed around players who leave in a huff and then come back months later.
Yea, its funny that there trying to lure players back with the free game time. But when reality hits and players see the requirements for flying in the zones now with pathfinder. They're most likely to not come back. But honestly its a good thing if it causes a dive in subs. Maybe hands will be forced again to have changes made. Like with previous sub drops when they tried to not have flying at all in wod. Hopefully it gets the attention of the right individuals that brings about the needed change. Everyone noticed how the customer rep window appeared when the wave of cancellations started. My guess is the whole free playtime is to try and boost numbers before bfa hits. Guessing the numbers of sales for bfa are low and executives wont be happy. Returning players will see pathfinder as a punishment and not a reward. Most of them will still be around wod starting level or below and have to contend with pathfinder. Having to grind both wod and legion pathfinder at the same time .
06/22/2018 12:39 AMPosted by Zunde
I don't know what you're doing on Argus that requires all your playtime. Generally you can complete all of argus world quests in 20-30 minutes.

Game's should never be designed around players who leave in a huff and then come back months later.

At the end of the expansion pretty much all that is left that is worth doing are some of the world quests on Argus. Usually for gold or order resources to have the champions make you some gold. Alts are either also doing this or working towards it.

I started playing WoW less than a year ago (yes, for the first time) and I raised my character up without any boosts (the alts are a different story). It was very odd to go from walking, to a ground mount, to a slightly faster ground mount, then finally flying and "advancing" to not being able to fly.

So I was not around for all of the years where people were possibly arguing about how flying ruined the game. To me adding additional flight requirements for zones seemed like it was just adding a problem into the game rather than creating a solution to a problem.
I took a break too. But I now have 7 110’s and I’ll never experience flying in this content. Or Draenor. The last time some players could fly was back in Pandaria, that really should be considered when Blizzard makes these conditions.