Why Not Grow A New Tree?

General Discussion
06/22/2018 08:59 AMPosted by Mortis
Teldrassil isn't some sort of ancestral home of the Night Elves.

It was grown pretty fast right after Warcraft 3.

So why not make a new tree?

They could grow one between Stormwind and Ironforge. That would make it easy to defend against future attacks since all Alliance Capitals would be close to each other.

Except for the Exodar, but the Exodar barely exists...

Not sure how fast they grow...but for one to get a city built into it, the tree must be around a long, long, long, long time, I would imagine.

Then there is the corruption which must be guarded against, and as there are none capable of blessing it presently...
06/22/2018 09:17 AMPosted by Dremin
06/22/2018 09:06 AMPosted by Mortis
And since Xavius was beaten and the Nightmare is now just a weird flower, I think we're safe for at least a few expansions.

The corruption can be Old Gods as well. Grizzly Hills and Ulduar were all about Yogg Saron almost returning because the felling of a world tree that was originally used to stop his spread.

Of course, the Night Elves and Cenarion Circle could plant another world tree from Nordrassil, but that's where Teldrassil originated, and it was ultimately a failure, due to one of the dragon aspects failing to bless it.

Since the dragon aspects are without their powers, it's kind of huge deal to lose a world tree.

Perhaps, somewhere somewhen (Chromie??!) a source of power equivalent to the Aspects with the same directive or agenda will be found to be able to bless/shield/protect the seed/sapling as it grows to become a newer better stronger Teldrassil to become the home of the Night Elves? Perhaps that power will be found in some unlikely person or place (hmmm some scion of the Windrunner clan? or in some long forgotten chamber of The Wailing Caverns) necessitating true cooperation between the two factions to achieve that objective?
06/22/2018 09:39 AMPosted by Kaiyeri
06/22/2018 09:27 AMPosted by Anakira
Yeah, no more big trees.

Will be interesting to see how they learn to deal without one, as it was a huge part of their culture. It kinda feels like the NEs will have to start a new society all over again, just like after the Sundering.
We still have Hyjal.

For now. Don't be surprised if they knock over -that one- too, just because they feel like it. Night Elves aren't allowed to have anything nice, ever.
it was getting corrupted even with the Aspects blessing
Staghelm went around planting frees and all of them got corrupted they need the aspects to bless them or possibly the keepers but again we killed off loki odyn isnt going to help and the rest required contact with the titans to bless the aspects in the first place and all of the titans are current busy trolling sargaras until he gets new plot armor.
06/22/2018 09:46 AMPosted by Dremin
Without dragon aspect blessings, it's going to get corrupted.

Well, considering Elune's taking up of the spirit of Y'sera after she got corrupted by the Nightmare perhaps she'd be willing to bless the new tree and any others that are still standing so as to prevent that sort of corruption happening again.
06/22/2018 03:50 PMPosted by Kataphraz

They could grow one between Stormwind and Ironforge. That would make it easy to defend against future attacks since all Alliance Capitals would be close to each other.

Except for the Exodar, but the Exodar barely exists...

Not sure how fast they grow...but for one to get a city built into it, the tree must be around a long, long, long, long time, I would imagine.

Then there is the corruption which must be guarded against, and as there are none capable of blessing it presently...

Tel'drassil was planted after the Third War. Which means sometime in the last, what, 12-14 years?

I guess we used some crazy druid finger waving, but it didn't take more than a few years to grow. As you point out, we also had time to put a city up in that thing.

Alternatively, maybe we grew it underneath some ruins and... somehow... er... lifted them up into it while it grew?

Anyway, it's only been 12-14 years since Tel'drassil was planted. Poor little guy/gal didn't even reach it's sweet 16.
06/22/2018 09:06 AMPosted by Mortis
06/22/2018 09:01 AMPosted by Infernalism
It'd just get corrupted.

If you grow a World Tree without the blessing of the Dragon Aspects, it's very easily corrupted by the Old Gods.

And the Dragon Aspects no longer have their power. They expended it to defeat Deathwing back in Cataclysm.

That's not an automatic process.

The blessing protects the tree from corruption but the lack of blessing doesn't automatically corrupt the tree.

And since Xavius was beaten and the Nightmare is now just a weird flower, I think we're safe for at least a few expansions.

except we'll just burn down that tree too
Maybe it'll happen some day "on paper" like in a book or something, but it won't happen in game because Blizzard won't spend the time/resources building a new Night Elf city in game unless that city is named Stormwind and even then it'll take several expansions.
Because that is a dumb area no one ever went to, except for holiday events where you visit there for a second, and which most Night Elves ran from at level 10 (even in the beta, my first "Wetlands run".)

It is just the old adage, you never miss something until it is gone.

Do you remember how long it took to repair Stormwind's walls?

That's why.
06/22/2018 06:47 PMPosted by Nereeza

Do you remember how long it took to repair Stormwind's walls?

That's why.

Ok, that makes sense.
I got an idea where to plant the tree. In the stormwind park! I'm sure nothing is important is there.

oh Except for... what's his face, but ehh, who cares.
I agree! I am sure the ashes of Lorderan will make a prime planting place!
They were going to have to move out anyway after they ran out of places to bury their number 2s.