Toxic Community in WoW

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
06/23/2018 11:33 PMPosted by Jugajr
06/23/2018 08:50 PMPosted by Msbubbles
Honestly, whats up with the toxic community? It just keeps getting worse. I was outside of Org dueling people (on my horde char) and queing for random arenas while im constantly pegged by insults because i have the BiS gear for the current raid and how im trash at the game and how i should KMS because of it. Then later im called trash because i suck at dueling an OP monk and they tell me to delete while spewing insults. It makes me not even want to buy the next xpac. I'm seriously second guessing myself to get it because of the toxic community. Its not even about that either. I constantly get messaged by people after hopping in arenas with them and they just tear my rear end a new one. Then, the toxic community about having to have a high raiderIO to join mythics. What is this turning into?

I love rage whispers.. how do I get them?
Use Aviana's Feather in your faction's PvP WQ.
OP reads like fake twitter screenshots to milk the strawman dry with a pinch of humblebragging. Sad.
Anyone with a problem just say you'll duel them for 10 million gold. Order hall gear only and order hall green weapon. No trinkets no artifacts and see if they show up.
Honestly, whats up with the toxic community?

Honestly, what's up with you calling the community toxic? You're pointing your finger at all of us. Grow up.
06/23/2018 08:59 PMPosted by Takodaa
Honestly, whats up with the toxic community? It just keeps getting worse. I was outside of Org dueling people (on my horde char) and queing for random arenas while im constantly pegged by insults because i have the BiS gear for the current raid and how im trash at the game and how i should KMS because of it. Then later im called trash because i suck at dueling an OP monk and they tell me to delete while spewing insults.
Wow is no where NEAR toxic, you need to go outside of wow or outside. I play tons of competitive games, such as CSGO, mortal kombat, rainbow 6 siege. I’ve seen a lot and been harassed for bad plays before.
I agree! I came from a background of playing League of Legends seriously for 5 years and the community there was so horrible EVEN when you go up to high rankings.

So when I quit that and focused solely on WoW, I was so relieved. Almost everyone is so nice and mature. If I do stumble upon some rotten eggs, their insults and attitude are so petty that it’s almost laughable and definetely ignorable.

OP, I agree that toxicity sucks and it can get frustrating. My advice is really to steel yourself and just use their comments as fuel and motivation. If it really takes a toll on you, take a break for a day or two. Hopefully that will help and you’ll come back with a fresher and more peaceful mindset. You never know, you might play with kinder people when you return. :)
Honestly, whats up with the toxic community? It just keeps getting worse. I was outside of Org dueling people (on my horde char) and queing for random arenas while im constantly pegged by insults because i have the BiS gear for the current raid and how im trash at the game and how i should KMS because of it. Then later im called trash because i suck at dueling an OP monk and they tell me to delete while spewing insults. It makes me not even want to buy the next xpac. I'm seriously second guessing myself to get it because of the toxic community. Its not even about that either. I constantly get messaged by people after hopping in arenas with them and they just tear my rear end a new one. Then, the toxic community about having to have a high raiderIO to join mythics. What is this turning into?

As you point out, raiderio feeds the toxic behavior.

It really should go.
There aren't really any consequences for being toxic anymore unless you go far enough to catch a ban. It used to be that server communities could regulate toxic behavior by blacklisting toxic players, but with convenience systems like CRZ, LFG, LFR, etc. the repercussions for being an !@#$%^- are almost completely non-existent nowadays.
Well the game is rated E for everyone now isn't it? So...
Hmm, while I appreciate how you feel OP, if you consider the psych of a lot of PVP players, it's not surprising, I mean...they want to KILL you after all.

Overly aggressive PVP players is just a thing. Maybe just try PVE instead for a while, I barely PVP these days at all. Not much point keeping my toons on PVP server anymore if they making those servers PVE servers now, but meh, may as well keep the ones above level 100.

Not in Australia, saw BFA advertised on the big screen at EB Games and BFA is rated M for mature audiences. As mature as adults are these days anyway.
06/24/2018 06:19 AMPosted by Lithios

It isn't.
06/24/2018 06:29 AMPosted by Atler
06/24/2018 06:19 AMPosted by Lithios

It isn't.

Oh? I thought they were planning to change the age rating on the game sometime a while back...
We have one of the most toxic communities in gaming overall. The only thing worse is the Guild Wars 2 PVP scene - they're just downright horrendous.
I doubt it. If anything, the amount of violence seems to be going up in BFA from what I've seen. Not to mention, like any online game, the online interaction aspect isn't covered by the esrb rating.
This is going to sound very cheesy and Pollyanaish but I've found that it works: I can't change others but I can change me. It works in game and it works in life.
06/24/2018 03:00 AMPosted by Kirela
06/23/2018 09:29 PMPosted by Maidemonsong
Yawn who cares....

If you get upset over words that you choice to read its your own proplem.

And really no-one cares what some random person says online .. I mean rlly just block em and get over it instead of crying about what trash says...

Perhaps you should watch some Disney movies and learn to not care what others say and think...

Can you pick a new tune yet? We get it. Somewhere in your past as a sheep herder while you were quietly minding your own business BAM! You got silenced or something.

if it was a diffrent subject yes but if your really that pathic to let people get to u in a fantasy world over words u choice to word perhaps you should not be online the world is no place for the weak
Contrary to what people say, it isn't getting worse. It's always been this way. People act like this on every single online game.

You just have to deal with it and move on.

0/10 Trolling. Do Better you are giving trolls a bad name.
Your best response to this, aside from the "ignore" option, is the /lick macro... multiple times.... over and over.

You wanna see a meltdown? lol
You're on Stormrage, OP. Probably better to be on a server where people treat each other like human beings.
06/23/2018 08:54 PMPosted by Drezwazluz
You don't have bis gear, what?

Put them on ignore and report them.

Go somewhere else.

->
was outside of Org dueling people (on my horde char)