In-Game Advertising Policy

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 20 Next
Paypal traffic just increased
So what are people supposed to do if they don't play in a guild and want to use group finder to find AOTC runs?

NO, I do not mean for real world money- that should be cracked down on by all means, as should those who are advertising runs in TRADE CHAT only to tell you to "get in Discord" so they can give you obvious PayPal instructions when selling supposed runs there.

But I quit raiding on all my raiding toons because I got tired of the hassles, and I also have RL medical issues and cannot devote the time. So yeah, what if I have some extra gold and want to spend it to buy an AOTC run?

But more than that, I use Group Finder for everything. World quests, quick runs, you name it. I don't do any kind of scheduled runs anymore. I like being able to do- whatever on the fly. and if you can form up a group to do something or else find people who want to do the same things- maybe it's achieve runs on a certain raid or transmog or something. Whatever- I use it for anything and everything.

Punish the people who are really breaking the rules and trying to sell stuff you can't trade on AH, don't punish people trying to use it for stuff you can sell/trade in game.
07/02/2018 11:19 AMPosted by Ythisens
Note that this does not change our policy on selling things such as raid carries for in-game gold. Those are still allowed, but should be advertised through realm-specific methods such as trade chat.

So if people looking for or selling legitimate carries for in-game gold should go to trade chat instead, does that mean Blizzard is going to take concrete steps to clean up trade chat so it's not an open sewer pit of racist comments, political arguments, and idiotic memes?

And you realize that once someone posts a comment about selling in-game carries for gold in trade chat they run the risk of being squelched for spam - either legitimately or by trolls who don't want to be interrupted while they're discussing which Windrunner sister they want to sleep with.

While I agree with and understand the desire to remove advertisements from the LFG tool, directing people to the wasteland that is trade chat is a really awful suggestion given the current state of trade chat.
Excellent, thanks so much for this great change!
agreed, why even work to get gold if you can't spend it on what you want?
Now we just need to have the reported entry disappear locally like reported chat does.

If it doesn't, it's not really cleaning the feature up.
https://www.google.com/search?q=fireworks
Add an option to report a listing to in order to hasten the process please.
As part of our ongoing efforts to crack down on in-game advertising, we’ll be implementing some policy changes with how we handle moderation for advertisements made through the in-game Group Finder, and wanted to give you a heads up before these policies are put into place.

Beginning Monday, July 2nd, we will no longer allow any advertisements in the Group Finder for in-game services such as carries or boosts, including those being offered in exchange for in-game gold. The Group Finder is intended for -- as the name suggests -- finding groups, and these advertisements make it difficult to find active groups that are currently being formed. Additionally, these are often used as a cover for real-money sales, particularly given that in-game gold cannot be transferred cross-realm.

Note that this does not change our policy on selling things such as raid carries for in-game gold. Those are still allowed, but should be advertised through realm-specific methods such as trade chat.

We’ll be adding an “advertisement” option to the Group Finder’s right-click reporting function with Patch 8.0, but in the meantime, they can be reported using the “spam” option. Thank you for your understanding, and for helping us keep the Group Finder clear of unwanted advertisements.

Thank You.

A step in the right direction.

Hopefully selling runs will be altogether outlawed some day.
So many self-serving, disgusting people who care only for themselves

you're gutter-trash not worth anybody's time).

You're delusional. You're pathetic.

You're all a cancer.

Self-righteous pot calls kettle black.

Film at 11.
As part of our ongoing efforts to crack down on in-game advertising, we’ll be implementing some policy changes with how we handle moderation for advertisements made through the in-game Group Finder, and wanted to give you a heads up before these policies are put into place.

Beginning Monday, July 2nd, we will no longer allow any advertisements in the Group Finder for in-game services such as carries or boosts, including those being offered in exchange for in-game gold. The Group Finder is intended for -- as the name suggests -- finding groups, and these advertisements make it difficult to find active groups that are currently being formed. Additionally, these are often used as a cover for real-money sales, particularly given that in-game gold cannot be transferred cross-realm.

We’ll be adding an “advertisement” option to the Group Finder’s right-click reporting function with Patch 8.0, but in the meantime, they can be reported using the “spam” option. Thank you for your understanding, and for helping us keep the Group Finder clear of unwanted advertisements.

perhaps this could have been pushed back to when 8.0 pre patch hits since a lot of services being offered for in game currency are going away at that point (mage tower, the chosen achievement, etc.)
was hoping to get a boost in ilvl in a short time to help with the feral tower fight since my game time is minimal..
Its working already. Just checked Dungeon and Legion Raids. No sell groups. Woo!
07/02/2018 05:26 PMPosted by Obsidiyana
perhaps this could have been pushed back to when 8.0 pre patch hits since a lot of services being offered for in game currency are going away at that point (mage tower, the chosen achievement, etc.)
was hoping to get a boost in ilvl in a short time to help with the feral tower fight since my game time is minimal..

The mage tower cannot be sold without pilot and even for gold that is very much against the rules.
what about groups from twitch not selling runs or things like that but instead offering help to anyone who needs it. including making groups with them to help them out?
Personally, I'm not in favor of this. I have a team that runs carries on a daily basis to top up our own M+ pushes and Mythic raid supplies. This is a bad call from a business perspective, you will be losing a lot on wow token sales.
All that this new rule does is allow the real money for carries sellers get all their business back and allow them to scam much much more. The mythic + people that sell carries in LFG had decimated such scammers and real money websites business, oh how they must be rejoicing that their competition is now gone.

Is Blizzard in league with them? Is this the thanks we get for helping decimate the website real money sellers?

The groups selling mythic + carries do it for gold cross server at token price and use the token for bnet money or game time. The gold they make from it stays within Blizzard.

On the other hand website sellers for real money take the money usually by a 3rd-party means which is open to being scammed.

Now I say be careful what you wish for, if you wish to take away a service for people that can use gold to buy a carry, and I have SOLD HUNDREDS of them with 100% of people VERY HAPPY, than so be it. But do not complain to us when people start getting scammed and the game becomes flooded again with the 3rd party people real money sellers back in full business.

And I ask anyone here, how is selling a M+ 15 for gold any different to selling a crafted piece of gear that you farmed the materials for? You're using your characters ability and your skill to provide a service for gold. If you don't like it, don't use it; but don't banish it for other people to use.