Advertising in GF is officially banned.

General Discussion
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20765567152#1

Beginning Monday, July 2nd, we will no longer allow any advertisements in the Group Finder for in-game services such as carries or boosts, including those being offered in exchange for in-game gold.

Long overdue
Definitely needed. It's gonna take some work to enforce it though, since last I looked almost half the listings were adverts of some kind.
I wonder,how,they plan to enforce it. Is it a bannable offense
This will escalate the trade chat spam

But I guess a good step in reducing the overall spam of it, the +15 market is pretty saturated it’s not really worth touching
07/02/2018 11:56 AMPosted by Infernastorm
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20765567152#1

Beginning Monday, July 2nd, we will no longer allow any advertisements in the Group Finder for in-game services such as carries or boosts, including those being offered in exchange for in-game gold.

Long overdue

Well well well. That is interesting.
07/02/2018 11:59 AMPosted by Vicktoria
I wonder,how,they plan to enforce it. Is it a bannable offense
most likely a warning before banning/silencing.
Bump for attention.
07/02/2018 12:18 PMPosted by Infernastorm
Bump for attention.

But why are you bumping something that's literally at the top of General?
07/02/2018 12:19 PMPosted by Jimmylee
Because I made a similar post wanting to have a discussion about it, whereas this one seems to be more of an echo chamber.
Because people don't read stickies...
07/02/2018 12:21 PMPosted by Yukiez
Because I made a similar post wanting to have a discussion about it, whereas this one seems to be more of an echo chamber.

Yeah, but your thread isn't needed either. It is literally stickied to the top of General. Discussing it in the official thread may get more developers to read your feedback.
What is this about advertising on girl friends? I mean if she is OK with it then what does it matter?
Why are you making a thread on GD about a thread on GD? Just post on that thread on GD lol
07/02/2018 12:27 PMPosted by Mortis
Why are you making a thread on GD about a thread on GD? Just post on that thread on GD lol

threadception.
07/02/2018 11:59 AMPosted by Isilynor
This will escalate the trade chat spam

But I guess a good step in reducing the overall spam of it, the +15 market is pretty saturated it’s not really worth touching

Bad Boy addon is your friend.
Definitely hope it gets enforced.
Yth locks mine but leaves this. Says a lot about what blizz cares about, trying to get conversation going about why this is stupid is bad, but echo chambers for casuals to cheer for something that doesnt affect them is ok.
How will they enforce it...and how will they prevent abuse and misuse?

For example, let's say I want to start a just-for-fun Mythic dungeon group just to waste 30 minutes since I have nothing better to do. Some idiot reports me cos he's a troll. Will they know the difference?

As much as I wish to believe advertisements will go down thanks to this change, I feel that this will not happen, and cause the moderators/GMs to be weighed down with false reports to the point where Group Finder will have to be shut down while they permaban the false reporters.
Doesn't that mean just we're going to see all that crap, more so, in the other chat channels, General & Trade?