GETTING OLD MODELS AND ANIMATIONS BACK?!?

General Discussion
Now that it has been announced that blizzard is going out of their way to bring back the classic character models and animations to work in tandem with the new WoW engine for WoW classic, is it possible we could be getting them for the live version of the game too??

The old models/animations are sorely missed by a lot of players including myself and I would love to see them added back to current WoW. Maybe a barber shop style NPC could help adventurers choose their fighting style from both old and new animations?
I do miss a few old animations.

Ironically though H paladin is currently the most update neglected spec in the game. The only change on beta is to holy light. Most our animations date to vanilla and BC.

I honestly hope Blizzard doesn’t touch my animations. I hate how they clout the UI and make it difficult to see mechanics.

An example is when a DK uses remorseless winter or ice bound fortitude in lower Kara on huntsman, where I can’t see who has the ghost due to all the stupid blue graphics covering it up on every melee dps.
i dont miss having stumps for arms.
I'd like them to bring back the old Human female models. There was on in particular I really liked for my Mage.

The new ones just look really...odd.
06/21/2018 08:18 PMPosted by Sashimoto
is it possible we could be getting them for the live version of the game too??

Short answer: no.

The old player models work just fine with the current engine. (Every other model from that era does.) What they don't work with are the new animations. Blizzard isn't going to maintain two parallel animation paths for all future content just for the sake of muh nostalgias. With vanilla, they don't have that problem, because there is no future content in vanilla.

Basically: having the old models exist off in the own world, frozen in amber, is fine. Having them coexist on the live game with new animations coming in for abilities, items, quests, cutscenes, etc. all the time is not fine.
06/21/2018 09:24 PMPosted by Fortuna
for all future content just for the sake of muh nostalgias.

I've never understood this logic. Everyone thinks people want old models just for nostalgia. This is true of a few people. Does it not occur to some people that we just want old models because the new ones are rushed garbage?
06/21/2018 09:26 PMPosted by Nightwoods
06/21/2018 09:24 PMPosted by Fortuna
for all future content just for the sake of muh nostalgias.

I've never understood this logic. Everyone thinks people want old models just for nostalgia. This is true of a few people. Does it not occur to some people that we just want old models because the new ones are rushed garbage?

That and/or over flashy or just don’t look as good.

Many ret Paladins miss old divine storm because it’s amination was larger and had a better visual. The new one is a down grade.

Judgement is another example, with the hammer going down on a player vs. being thrown at them.

H paladin doesn’t have any of these issues thankfully. They even removed our new animation for holy light off the beta lol