Auto slience system broken

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 7 Next
06/24/2018 11:45 AMPosted by Arkarius
The automated silence system is, to my knowledge, working as intended. You don't need to say much, but it's at least reviewed by a GM.

Now the automated silence system in Heroes of the Storm, THAT is a broken piece of....whatever word you want to use. People have basically confirmed that in that game, you can literally get silenced for not saying anything, in some cases after getting reported during one game.

Heck, in HotS there have been people who have said they report everybody in the match after it's done. I don't play it as much as I used to, but you used to (and probably still can) report the other team's players.

And the OP complaining about a automated system where GMs review every incident of enough reports to squelch someone? Not going to get any sympathy from me...

First, no one needs your sympathy.
Second, you are wrong a lot of the reports don't get reviewed, if someone is mass reported they get a silence. Just because it is on TOS or a Blue Post does not make it true. I could give you real life examples of this, but why bother. I mean if someone of note came on the news and told you the Earth was flat, I guess you would believe that too, LOL :)
So...interesting fact is that you can get silenced via brigading. Asmongold proved it on livestream. A bunch of people joined his group and he typed "I love wow" and was instantly dc'd and silenced.

So yeah, if you have enough people report you, you will automatically be given a silence/squelch whatever you want to call it. Happens in Overwatch and HOTS as well.

Now whether that is upgraded to a 72 hour or whatever the pyramid/GM decrees is up to violation of the TOS, but you ARE silenced/squelched until the GM reviews it. Which can take anywhere from 10 minutes to hours. So effectively enough people can silence/squelch you for an undetermined amount of time simply by brigading you.
06/24/2018 11:45 AMPosted by Stryper
06/24/2018 11:42 AMPosted by Scüba

They are 100 percent right. It is is you who seem to be ignorant about how it works.

No you are the one that is incorrect. You can NOT be silenced until a GM reviews the action. Again a SQUELCH is not a silence. A SQUELCH is what happens if enough people report someone for spam in a short period of time, that is then reviewed and if a GM upholds it the person will get a silence.

I would suggest researching and understanding how things work before you come here a spread missinformation. There are plenty of Blue posts explaining clearly how the system works.

Not going to research for a video game, you want me to do research for a video game, that is something one does for work to make money, not a video game.
Secondly, yes if you are mass reported you get a silence.

No you do not get a silence if you are mass reported. Period. You are either ignorant as to how the system works or flat out lying now.
06/24/2018 11:48 AMPosted by Stryper
Second, you are wrong a lot of the reports don't get reviewed, if someone is mass reported they get a silence.

Prove it
06/24/2018 11:48 AMPosted by Saenor
06/23/2018 10:23 PMPosted by Çðîn
if you play this game you know trade chat is flooded with politics. as usual tonight it was, i said "hillary won the popular vote, the system chose trump" and im now slienced. this is a joke i see way way way way worse stuff in the chat but some butthurt people report me and it auto slienced me. FIX YOUR SYSTEM!!!!
It is their game (Private Company) and they can pretty much do anything they want. You have the right to protest by not subbing and letting them lose your business.

However, people need to understand that "Private Forums" are not Government public institutions were you have the right to say what ever you want without repercussions, and even then Government still reserves the right to implement codes of conduct within its organizations.

Now you can either report people back for violating the rules of conduct, you can ignore them, you can write a professional letter to dispute their decision or you can remove trade chat. Those are the options that Blizzard gives to you as a company.

However, I agree with you, I don't like people getting silenced because of political views (Even if I don't agree with them) but if its true that they review them before making a decision then you probably violated their policy and I am sure they gave you a reason why when they e-mailed you the suspension letter.
and i completely understand that they can literally ban your account for no reason if they so choose, but that doest mean i cant have an opinion over how their system works
06/24/2018 11:45 AMPosted by Çðîn
also my final note, the people that "hate politics in chat" i promise you they only report posts that they disagree with, if you love cake and hate pie, youre not gonna report someone praising cake youre only gonna report someone praising pie, and thats wrong aswell

@OP

I guess I should follow my own advice and let this go, like I stated to you before you are going to get nowhere posting here, you will just get the same shallow and misguided responses. I know some of the posts people create make it hard to turn the cheek, but just let it go and find other avenues of bringing this to Blizzards attention.
I'm sorry OP but the silence feature is up to several players and not up to Blizzard. Perhaps from now on you'll learn from this and keep your political opinions to yourself? In the future I hope you make wiser choices.
06/24/2018 11:48 AMPosted by Galdramaður
So...interesting fact is that you can get silenced via brigading. Asmongold proved it on livestream. A bunch of people joined his group and he typed "I love wow" and was instantly dc'd and silenced.

So yeah, if you have enough people report you, you will automatically be given a silence/squelch whatever you want to call it. Happens in Overwatch and HOTS as well.

Now whether that is upgraded to a 72 hour or whatever the pyramid/GM decrees is up to violation of the TOS, but you ARE silenced/squelched until the GM reviews it. Which can take anywhere from 10 minutes to hours. So effectively enough people can silence/squelch you for an undetermined amount of time simply by brigading you.
i applaud you, someone understands what im saying
Trade chat? That's still a thing? I disabled that back in BTC
06/24/2018 11:45 AMPosted by Arkarius
The automated silence system is, to my knowledge, working as intended. You don't need to say much, but it's at least reviewed by a GM.

Now the automated silence system in Heroes of the Storm, THAT is a broken piece of....whatever word you want to use. People have basically confirmed that in that game, you can literally get silenced for not saying anything, in some cases after getting reported during one game.

Heck, in HotS there have been people who have said they report everybody in the match after it's done. I don't play it as much as I used to, but you used to (and probably still can) report the other team's players.

And the OP complaining about a automated system where GMs review every incident of enough reports to squelch someone? Not going to get any sympathy from me...

First, no one needs your sympathy.
Second, you are wrong a lot of the reports don't get reviewed, if someone is mass reported they get a silence. Just because it is on TOS or a Blue Post does not make it true. I could give you real life examples of this, but why bother. I mean if someone of note came on the news and told you the Earth was flat, I guess you would believe that too, LOL :)

Prove it. You are the one that is spouting the opposite of how the system works and has been explained to work. Burden of proof is in you. Missinformation is not accepted here and you will be called out for it.

And before you use the YouTube video as proof, that player was squelched NOT silenced. Two different things. That has been explained thousnads of times.
06/23/2018 10:23 PMPosted by Çðîn
if you play this game you know trade chat is flooded with politics. as usual tonight it was, i said "hillary won the popular vote, the system chose trump" and im now slienced. this is a joke i see way way way way worse stuff in the chat but some butthurt people report me and it auto slienced me. FIX YOUR SYSTEM!!!!

You know, saying "it's a joke" doesn't make it better.

I could say that vanilla was not good, follow it up with a "it's a joke" rhetoric, and bam, 10 days in the kiddie corner with a dunce hat on my head, cause i upset like hundreds of people by saying that.

and Just because everybody else was doing it, doesn't mean they will face repercussions later on. And it doesn't also grant you the green light to join in. Personally i would just avoid discussing politics altogether in this game.

Edit: Can we lock this thread now? it just keeps getting worse by the next 2 pages.
06/24/2018 11:46 AMPosted by Crepe
06/24/2018 11:32 AMPosted by Çðîn
again people are not understanding what im saying, you could say "hi" and if people dont like you and you get mas reported you're punished until review, and THATS whats broken, guilty until proven innocent, and i dont care what blizzard says you think they review every single report?

If the squelch system were as badly dysfunctional as you're suggesting, the forums would be flooded with similar threads, the GMs would be doing nothing except review squelch reports, and there'd be various forms of mass hysteria. This isn't happening, so it's my suspicion that this is a somewhat isolated issue.

Every single squelch has a GM review when it's either lifted or a silence penalty is imposed. Every single silence penalty is put in place by a GM. So yes, they review every single report.

I've seen quite an uptick in people complaining about silence penalties over the past several weeks. I've seen quite a number of those people posting on Customer Support declaring they've been taken advantage of, they've been falsely accused, they're all innocent. Every single one to date? Has been proven to be actioned correctly.

In other words, I'm not seeing a systems issue. I'm seeing a whole lot of people refusing to take responsibility for their actions.

I'm not saying that in isolated cases there aren't people abusing the squelch system. But the system itself seems to be OK.

Was going to leave it at that but your post sucked me in. A couple of years ago I made a hunter and named him Supertramp, after the 70's rock group which was named after one of the members of the group who was homeless at one time. After 4 months I was asked to change the name. I called Blizzard and the GM was great, he understood what the name meant and told me I could keep the name.

The next day I got banned for the name. Once again I called Blizzard and another GM agreed that my name was not breaking any rules. However, he said since people were going to continue to report my name that I should just change it and save myself the hassle. Point made, that all it takes is mass reporting to get someone silenced or even banned!
06/24/2018 11:53 AMPosted by Scüba
And before you use the YouTube video as proof, that player was squelched NOT silenced. Two different things. That has been explained thousnads of times.

It doesn't matter what word you use to describe it you are UNABLE to chat or send mail to anyone other than guildies or friends until a GM reviews it.

EFFECTIVELY making it the same darn thing until a GM reviews it which could take HOURS. So it is STILL broken because you can type the most innocent thing and be squelched/silenced because of brigading.
why are people being hostile against one another? i wanted to open up a discussion for people to help me understand the system, and i successfully did that but after a while it turned hostile and im not for that so for that, im done with this thread thank you everyone who replied either for me or against me, i love you all
Second, you are wrong a lot of the reports don't get reviewed, if someone is mass reported they get a silence.

No matter how many times you repeat it?

It's still not true.

If you have questions, ask on Customer Support.
06/24/2018 11:57 AMPosted by Çðîn
why are people being hostile against one another? i wanted to open up a discussion for people to help me understand the system, and i successfully did that but after a while it turned hostile and im not for that so for that, im done with this thread thank you everyone who replied either for me or against me, i love you all

Because you got moved from CS, where things are pretty tame, to General Forums where there are people who troll with misinformation, support being jerks, etc.
06/24/2018 12:00 PMPosted by Crepe

It's still not true.

You don't know any more than we do if it true or not.

Just because blizzard says "all reports are reviewed" doesn't make it inherently true. Anyone who has ever worked in customer service with a ticket based system will know that sometimes it's just not possible to review EVERY SINGLE TICKET. Hence why it's mostly automated now.
06/24/2018 12:00 PMPosted by Crepe

It's still not true.

It was on CSF, it got moved here. I'm guessing because they are asking for a system to be changed. Since the system itself is working exactly as Blizzard intended it to and not liking how something works isn't the same as that thing being broken.
06/24/2018 12:05 PMPosted by Galdramaður
<span class="truncated">...</span>

It's still not true.

You don't know any more than we do if it true or not.

Just because blizzard says "all reports are reviewed" doesn't make it inherently true. Anyone who has ever worked in customer service with a ticket based system will know that sometimes it's just not possible to review EVERY SINGLE TICKET. Hence why it's mostly automated now.

Again you are the one stating the opposite, you will need to prove it isn't true. Blizzard has stated numerous times, quite clearly, how the system works. If you don't believe it the burden of proof is on you. You are calling Blizzard employees liars. Until you can prove that to be true I will believe the employees that know how the system works.