Field Medic Title

General Discussion
1 2 3 7 Next
I've been having issues chasing the field medic title where the same quest (A fevered letter) has dropped 3 times in a row in Highmountain. is this meant to be the case?
Yes it is. Duplicate items can drop even if you've already done their quests. You just have to pray to the RNG gods to get the ones you actually want.
50% chance to get a dupe. I have several that have been dupes.
Yeah, it sucks. Farm, farm, farm, and all the right letters will drop . . . eventually.
Yeah its a frustrating one but I've missed having something that felt grindy like this.

I'm about halfway to getting mine atm. I had a big hang up in Azsuna, I got the Bloody Note early but it took me a few hours to finally get one that wasn't another Bloody Note -.-
Yup, just delete duplicates and keep farming. I was able to do multiple quests in a day. To make things less monotonous, once I got a drop in one zone, I would move on to the next (Azuna to Valsharah and so on)
I gave up because I had finished a ton of them on my main when Legion first came out, but there was a bug where it wasn't recording them. This wasn't fixed until Broken Shore (iirc), but the fix wasn't retroactive: meaning I lost all my progress.

That really took the wind out of my sails about the whole thing. Then when I found out they were removing it permanently, well that just felt like a bad deal all around.

I don't know why the Dalaran vendors can't just sell the completed first aid items required for these quests and allow us to finish the achievement in the future?
Gotta say there's a certain irony that getting the achievement for saving lives requires mercilessly slaying hundreds of humanoids.
06/28/2018 01:45 PMPosted by Depp
I've been having issues chasing the field medic title where the same quest (A fevered letter) has dropped 3 times in a row in Highmountain. is this meant to be the case?

Lol. Farming for my last one in Val'sharah*, I once had one that I didn't need drop something like 8 times before I finally got the one I needed. Took me hours and hours of farming. This achievement is grindy AF. Was super happy to finish it though.

*furbolgs. If you need any in Val'sharah, furbolgs.
06/28/2018 02:34 PMPosted by Ythisens
Yeah its a frustrating one but I've missed having something that felt grindy like this.

I'm about halfway to getting mine atm. I had a big hang up in Azsuna, I got the Bloody Note early but it took me a few hours to finally get one that wasn't another Bloody Note -.-

When is pre-patch, plox.

A lot of activity planning to do. Need to know how long we have left.
I'm still triggered that achievment was broken for first few weeks, so all the quests I did when the items were FAR more common, didn't even count (cause there was a 2nd bug where you could still get the drops even if already on one of quests and they fixed that)

*double-checks status light on my sarcasm detector*

If you still need them for Val you should get a group for the murlocks at glooming reef. Of course I only ended up getting the Azsuna drops. After that I murdered Falcasaurs in High MT and Val for those drops. Then Vampirates in Stormheim. Now I just need to find some place in Suramar.
I just want the 800 skill-point achievement before it goes away.
I'm at 795 and have nothing else I can do to level First Aid but a quest (any first aid quest), and can't get anything to drop.
These started dropping at the beginning of the expansion, then they apparently pulled the plug on it until the end, so they could use it to keep people subbed while chasing after it.
06/28/2018 03:02 PMPosted by Zeropointt
I just want the 800 skill-point achievement before it goes away.
I'm at 795 and have nothing else I can do to level First Aid but a quest (any first aid quest), and can't get anything to drop.

DMF is coming up soon.
06/28/2018 03:02 PMPosted by Troodrood
These started dropping at the beginning of the expansion, then they apparently pulled the plug on it until the end, so they could use it to keep people subbed while chasing after it.

I have gotten a couple between my toons over the xpac just from doing WQ that I deleted. I was just ignoring them because IRDUMB and didn't realize there was a title involved until recently.
06/28/2018 02:53 PMPosted by Byrhtnoth

When is pre-patch, plox.

A lot of activity planning to do. Need to know how long we have left.

Whenever they have the two week end-of-season announcement, I'm speculating this upcoming Tuesday or the next. Can't be far off now.
Hours???

I got down to needing four without a single dupe. Now it's been since Friday last week and I only found a new one today.
06/28/2018 02:58 PMPosted by Hamstar
Now I just need to find some place in Suramar.

I farmed the Nightborne at the entrance to the Moon Guard Stronghold. If you make loops around the first level (with the stairs leading up to the hippogryphs fighting) they'll start instantly respawning when you get below a certain threshold.