Field Medic Title

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 7 Next
06/28/2018 03:27 PMPosted by Hamstar
As Geddy Lee once said "RNG is RNG".

But that doesn't excuse bad design. =S
RNG is fine. Duplicates are not (and they're also immersion-breaking).
It can be quite the pain when a duplicate drops.
I had quite the trouble getting crumpled letter,
I think it was around seven duplicates give or take before I got it.

But I was rather lucky on account I was doing them before I was even after the title, so I in essence had started at halfway done when I started to try.

I am just happy that I finished a couple of days ago.
06/28/2018 06:24 PMPosted by Troodrood
I've killed millions of things between then and now and received, up until a few weeks ago, none. I remain skeptical.
You have better chances if you kill particular mobs in particular places. I got a good list off Wowhead that I used.

Still, it did take LOTS of kills. I basically spent about an hour a day just killing mobs in the recommended spots (places with the right mobs and fast respawn). It still took me over a month to get the last four quests I needed. I hope Blizz increases the drop rate for those folks who are trying to get this done now.
06/28/2018 06:34 PMPosted by Kallivis
It can be quite the pain when a duplicate drops.
I had quite the trouble getting crumpled letter,
I think it was around seven duplicates give or take before I got it.
Though I'm sure you did this, people need to remember to destroy the duplicates or they won't get another quest to drop. Same goes for getting a quest you need. You have to complete it before you can get any others.
It took me several days farming the Murlocs in Valsharah... so many damn duplicates... you people whining about a couple of hours... heh consider yourselves lucky. I got 6 BOE 101 epics in my journey though...

I’m also still miffed this achievement was bugged for half the expansion and put it off until I found out it was getting removed.

It got down to me needing only one and I got the SAME quest to drop 8 times in a row that I had already completed ages ago. I must know how these npcs keep getting themselves in the same situation; you’d think they’d learn “hey this ended badly last time.” :thinking:
Only got three to go for the title and am reading on Wowhead where the best spots are still rng hates me so I hope they do raise the drop rate before this goes away.
Anyone know any good magic dances to improve RNG? lol
06/28/2018 02:34 PMPosted by Ythisens
Yeah its a frustrating one but I've missed having something that felt grindy like this.

I'm about halfway to getting mine atm. I had a big hang up in Azsuna, I got the Bloody Note early but it took me a few hours to finally get one that wasn't another Bloody Note -.-

why is it developed this way if it isn't a daily for first aid but a quest with a yellow marker

flawed or intentional timegating

team knew what they were doing or theyd hotfix it
06/28/2018 06:34 PMPosted by Brahmina
06/28/2018 06:24 PMPosted by Troodrood
I've killed millions of things between then and now and received, up until a few weeks ago, none. I remain skeptical.
You have better chances if you kill particular mobs in particular places. I got a good list off Wowhead that I used.

Still, it did take LOTS of kills. I basically spent about an hour a day just killing mobs in the recommended spots (places with the right mobs and fast respawn). It still took me over a month to get the last four quests I needed. I hope Blizz increases the drop rate for those folks who are trying to get this done now.

Do you have a link to that list? Or can you give me an idea of what to search on?
06/28/2018 06:47 PMPosted by Snowfury
It got down to me needing only one and I got the SAME quest to drop 8 times in a row that I had already completed ages ago. I must know how these npcs keep getting themselves in the same situation; you’d think they’d learn “hey this ended badly last time.” :thinking:

Again, this is the reason duplicates on things like this are a sin that need to never be allowed to happen again.

Same goes for the Harrison Jones follower quests.
What sense does it make that we suddenly get the chance to find that same, unique artifact again even though we found it just a few days ago?
06/28/2018 02:54 PMPosted by Omegall
I'm still triggered that achievment was broken for first few weeks, so all the quests I did when the items were FAR more common, didn't even count (cause there was a 2nd bug where you could still get the drops even if already on one of quests and they fixed that)

A bug? When I did it, two months ago if I'm not mistaken, I farmed for all the letters in the zone before doing it.
06/28/2018 04:44 PMPosted by Aryxymaraki
Yeah its a frustrating one but I've missed having something that felt grindy like this.

Listen, there's nothing wrong with enjoying grinding. I'm a fan of it myself when I'm in the right mood, it's nice to have something mindless to do.

But I have to say....you missed having something grindy to do....in Legion? Did you finish the other three hundred massive grinds in the expansion?

Hey I remember you from a long, long time ago :D
lord have mercy on me for the number of grells I've killed in valshara
06/28/2018 09:52 PMPosted by Depp
lord have mercy on me for the number of grells I've killed in valshara

I wiped out a village of Furbies 100 times over...and when I go back they are still friendly...poor sweet Furbies..
06/28/2018 03:38 PMPosted by Ythisens
06/28/2018 03:35 PMPosted by Avihindra
Pop quiz mate, Can we confirm that this is not going away in BfA?

We've already confirmed that this is going away with pre patch as First Aid as a whole is being removed.

You have until then to finish it!

Not sure why you're removing the achievement.

Bandages are now made by Tailors, and you can just put Field Kits on the vendor in Dalaran.

Just keep it in, and require Tailor-made bandages and field kits for the quests? Seems simple without removing content?

Especially when, as pointed out multiple times in the thread, the achievement was bugged for the first 2 patches of the expansion and didn't keep track of the quests you completed, nor did it give retroactive credit for the ones you did when you guys finally fixed it.

I'm about halfway to getting mine atm. I had a big hang up in Azsuna, I got the Bloody Note early but it took me a few hours to finally get one that wasn't another Bloody Note -.-

Is this meant to be funny? I felt that a majority of Legion is grindy and RNG based?

It's a little sad that you feel this is good game design.

There is no aspect of this that is fun or that will be missed. At least not for me.
06/28/2018 05:43 PMPosted by Ythisens
06/28/2018 04:44 PMPosted by Aryxymaraki

Listen, there's nothing wrong with enjoying grinding. I'm a fan of it myself when I'm in the right mood, it's nice to have something mindless to do.

But I have to say....you missed having something grindy to do....in Legion? Did you finish the other three hundred massive grinds in the expansion?

Oh don't get me wrong I love it.

Nothing else in Legion really felt like a grind, at least to me.

I have to agree. If you were grinding for AP or legendaries and were not in a cutting edge guild, you were playing the game incorrectly.

Grindy you say? Thems fightin words around these parts. You gonna stir up the natives talkin like that.
06/29/2018 11:27 AMPosted by Yonbi
It's a little sad that you feel this is good game design.

I think grinding can be good game design when done correctly and MMOs will always have that element because its a very core fundamental of character progression that represents time and effort with your character. When you see someone walking around with the Insane title you know that person is Insane for doing that grind and it invokes that reaction. To me it's fun content but I recognize it's not for everyone. I think keeping it to cosmetic rewards like titles, achievements, etc. is fine.

06/28/2018 09:40 PMPosted by Vinex
why is it developed this way if it isn't a daily for first aid but a quest with a yellow marker

flawed or intentional timegating

team knew what they were doing or theyd hotfix it

That doesn't even make sense as a complaint about it. Yes there's an RNG element to the drop but you could hypothetically finish the Achievement in an hour if you're the luckiest person to ever touch the game. Grinding out Field Medic or other things added into the game like this can take some time. That's kind of the point.