Field Medic Title

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next
06/29/2018 03:36 PMPosted by Hypersmeg
Yeah it's not like the achievement was in since day 1 of Legion or anything.

Seriously the whining about this is as bad as people still whining about the Mage Tower.

You had 2 years to do this achievement.

Firstly, the achievement was bugged until patch 7.1, and it was not retroactive. And secondly, we had no knowledge of first aid kicking the bucket until the beta builds started rolling in. Unlike the mage towers which we could make an educated guess would be going away based on previous things such as MoP and WoD's challenge modes.
06/28/2018 09:49 PMPosted by Harok
06/28/2018 02:54 PMPosted by Omegall
I'm still triggered that achievment was broken for first few weeks, so all the quests I did when the items were FAR more common, didn't even count (cause there was a 2nd bug where you could still get the drops even if already on one of quests and they fixed that)

A bug? When I did it, two months ago if I'm not mistaken, I farmed for all the letters in the zone before doing it.

The first few weeks of the expansion.
06/29/2018 06:27 PMPosted by Denona
All i need are 2 more from Val'sharah, and all i keep getting is the bloody request.

Where are you farming? I got 1 from furbolgs and 2 from undergrells (one was Bloody Request :( don't remember the other one) I think they drop all of them tho. Others have had luck with the murlocs in Gloaming Reef. Good luck to you!
I've been farming for DAYS need 6 more drops. I'm not even getting repeats of the ones I've already gotten. I'm beginning to really think I'm giving myself carpultunnel with the mindless grinding I've been doing for the better part of a week now. Also beginning to wonder if this achievement is really worth it.
Friendly reminder that if you aren't in a 5 man aoe group, you're doing it wrong.
06/28/2018 09:45 PMPosted by Ameghan
06/28/2018 06:34 PMPosted by Brahmina
...You have better chances if you kill particular mobs in particular places. I got a good list off Wowhead that I used.

Still, it did take LOTS of kills. I basically spent about an hour a day just killing mobs in the recommended spots (places with the right mobs and fast respawn). It still took me over a month to get the last four quests I needed. I hope Blizz increases the drop rate for those folks who are trying to get this done now.

Do you have a link to that list? Or can you give me an idea of what to search on?
Just saw your comment, sorry. Here's a link (warning, some folks have problems with the ads on Wowhead): http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=11139/field-medic#comments
06/28/2018 02:49 PMPosted by Weledorel
I gave up because I had finished a ton of them on my main when Legion first came out, but there was a bug where it wasn't recording them. This wasn't fixed until Broken Shore (iirc), but the fix wasn't retroactive: meaning I lost all my progress.

That really took the wind out of my sails about the whole thing. Then when I found out they were removing it permanently, well that just felt like a bad deal all around.

I don't know why the Dalaran vendors can't just sell the completed first aid items required for these quests and allow us to finish the achievement in the future?

Same happened to me. I got aggravated and quit going after it.
I think my drops are bugged. I had the Crumpled Note quest, but after getting stuck at 759 first aid and sick of farming stupid birds for 10 feathers and not getting the last point of first aid to learn the splints I decided to abandon the Crumpled Note and farm for a new quest. I farmed for 3 hours and not a single First Aid drop.
took me 4 hours of kill'nloot in the murloc camp/island to get the last one, had 2-3 other dups drop, but the one I needed was just being stubborn. I just kept running around killing them until it finally gave it up for me.
After reading this thread, I went out to kill stuffs and do whatever WQs were in the way. Need one more for the "Get 10" part. No drops. But then I only killed a few murlocs and whatever was needed for the WQs so not much effort.

Oh well. Guess I'll just do the "ignore it and it'll show up" trick. It's really not a priority.
pretty pathetic of blizzard to have to use this to string people along in Legion

"save it for the end of the game with the endgame expansion drought, players need busy work, and if WoW doesnt feel like a job and you have to put in 8 hours everyday to get pixels then u might as well just not get it, its kind of the point"

yeah, im good on the field medic title. I'm not doing something I should already have.

inb4 i dont grind, I do, its p25 and i see how you guys are treating that

honestly pathetic
I got mine. I found it took about the length of a 26 episode anime to get it.
06/29/2018 03:43 PMPosted by Milksy
06/29/2018 03:36 PMPosted by Hypersmeg
Yeah it's not like the achievement was in since day 1 of Legion or anything.

Seriously the whining about this is as bad as people still whining about the Mage Tower.

You had 2 years to do this achievement.

Quite possible that some of them unsubbed for part of the expansion. I did for several months, but I am also just a bit lazy sometimes.

Oh well that's life then. You quit playing then tough luck.
06/30/2018 05:37 AMPosted by Hypersmeg
06/29/2018 03:43 PMPosted by Milksy
Quite possible that some of them unsubbed for part of the expansion. I did for several months, but I am also just a bit lazy sometimes.

Oh well that's life then. You quit playing then tough luck.

your mindset is literally WoW mensa and its sad, players have done enough world quests, emissaries, invasions to have this organically without pursuit, especially when the quest reward is level for the profession.

stop WoW mensa before they take over
06/29/2018 08:59 PMPosted by Justweight
Friendly reminder that if you aren't in a 5 man aoe group, you're doing it wrong.

Agree to disagree there. I completed this a while ago, and I tried doing it in groups. You can't trade the items, so you can spend hours farming watching everyone but you get the ones you need while you either get nothing or get nothing but duplicates. But dying constantly or taking forever to kill a good group of mobs isn't good either. So, I'd amend that:

If you are geared and have a decent spammable AoE ability and you are in a group, you're doing it wrong.

If you're undergeared or lack a decent spammable AoE ability and you're not in a group, you're doing it wrong.
Grrrr two hours of farming Feltotem Taurens and still no drop....got one drop on Murlocs over on Gloaming Reef isle....that took almost 2 hrs too...this is nuts on RNG of these drops.

Its not worthy of an achieve or a title if the only difference is some players won the coin flip.
06/29/2018 03:25 PMPosted by Yonbi
your "i like having extra things to do" argument.

It was actually an "I like long term goals argument".
I like working on things in bursts and spurts over a period of weeks. Rather than mere hours.

I am perfectly fine working on things that only extend for as long as the most current expansion.
06/29/2018 12:36 PMPosted by Ythisens

That doesn't even make sense as a complaint about it. Yes there's an RNG element to the drop but you could hypothetically finish the Achievement in an hour if you're the luckiest person to ever touch the game. Grinding out Field Medic or other things added into the game like this can take some time. That's kind of the point.

The point for people like me is that, more than hypothetically, it may never drop at all... at least not in time. At least on a metered grind like rep you have a finite goal. On an RNG grind in limited time, you may just flat out lose.

We don't know when the pre-patch will be. You probably do, but we don't. It would be crushing to get, say, all but one of the items to drop, then the pre-patch drops and makes all that grinding worthless.

I suggest a different way to do this.

Keep the quests. Remove the First Aid skill-ups. The field packs are already vendor items; add the splints, salve, and bandages to the vendor to sell. Move the achievement to Quests -> Legion.

Or, go ahead and continue on to making it a legacy achievement, but allow the quest items to continue dropping ONLY for those who have some credit on the achievement - thus is could be completed after the pre-patch, but no longer begun.
So I was farming the imps in Val'Sharah and I ended up getting TWO quests to drop and be active at the same time. https://imgur.com/a/fUTvmOQ

After turning those in I went back to farming the imps and within a minute I got another Bloody Request to drop. This time I'm going to turn it in rather than abandon it. I wonder if abandoning the quests cause future drops to be delayed. Got a third Blood Request within 2 minutes after turning in a second. Gonna abandon this one and see if it takes forever for another quest to show up.