Field Medic Title

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 Next
only reason it is a grind because the achievement was bugged for such a long time. people got the item did the quest it wasn't counting.

maybe fix the drop rate or just scrap the achievement from the start.
And finished.
I finished it, but it wasn't exactly enjoyable. I think if I didn't have to deal with duplicates this wouldn't have been as annoying. Kind of surprised I never saw any of these quest items drop throughout my legion experience beforehand though.
Still one note to go, and less than a month for prepatch. I'm afraid I won't get the last one to drop. :(
06/28/2018 04:44 PMPosted by Aryxymaraki
Did you finish the other three hundred massive grinds in the expansion?

Can't speak for who you responded to, but I didn't feel like there were many grinds in Legion at all. Everything came from just naturally playing the game as I normally do.

That's how it was for me, anyway.
07/01/2018 06:12 AMPosted by Alamara
Still one note to go, and less than a month for prepatch. I'm afraid I won't get the last one to drop. :(
Which one is it? Best bet is to join of the many groups in the group finder. Go to custom and search for Field Medic and join the one for the zone where your last one drops from. Each zone has a place that's fairly easily farmed with high mob density and low respawn times.

07/01/2018 06:23 AMPosted by Raiyyn
06/28/2018 04:44 PMPosted by Aryxymaraki
Did you finish the other three hundred massive grinds in the expansion?

Can't speak for who you responded to, but I didn't feel like there were many grinds in Legion at all. Everything came from just naturally playing the game as I normally do.

That's how it was for me, anyway.
Legion didn't have so much grinding, though Artifact Power is most certainly a grind, as it had RNG on RNG on RNG on RNG... you see where I'm going. Every little thing was RNG which meant you had to farm and grind for everything. From profession patterns and skills to legendaries to trying to finish achievements that involve RNG world quests and artifact skins on RNG rotations.
07/01/2018 06:23 AMPosted by Raiyyn

Early AP was definitely a grind if you did anything competitively.

Paragon reps are also a grind, if mount collecting is something you enjoy.

Neither of them are things that came from "naturally playing the game" ..... pretty sure no one enjoyed runing Maw repeatedly, nor waiting until exalted, to grind up to honored repeatedly for a "chance" at a mount.

So it's all a matter of perspective really.

Choosing not to participate does not mean they are not grinds.
at least there are a good amount of groups doing the grinding
this grind is pretty lame though
07/01/2018 09:33 AMPosted by Bachichicken
What good has joining a group made? You can't share the drops and I'm killing mobs as fast as they respawn on my own. Two hours on friday in a group, nothing. Hour and a half yesterday in a group, nothing. Three hours this morning in a group. Nothing.

Only three letters to go, and the only thing being in a group has given me is grief from PvPers because every damn group is PvP enabled.
Took me about a week to do it the 2 months or so ago I did it.

Big fat pain the rear.
07/01/2018 09:49 AMPosted by Matsyanya
07/01/2018 09:33 AMPosted by Bachichicken
What good has joining a group made? You can't share the drops and I'm killing mobs as fast as they respawn on my own. Two hours on friday in a group, nothing. Hour and a half yesterday in a group, nothing. Three hours this morning in a group. Nothing.

Only three letters to go, and the only thing being in a group has given me is grief from PvPers because every damn group is PvP enabled.

I've gotten 4 drops with a group since I posted my comment, guess you're just unlucky?
Keep in mind it is zonewide. Kill mobs that you can aoe down easily.
06/30/2018 03:28 PMPosted by Merciless
I wonder if abandoning the quests cause future drops to be delayed. Got a third Blood Request within 2 minutes after turning in a second. Gonna abandon this one and see if it takes forever for another quest to show up.

I've also been wondering this, as each time I've abandoned one, it's taken me ages to get the next one. When I've turned the dupes in, even if it was another dupe, they'd drop again within a reasonable time frame (15-60 minutes). Not abandoning anymore after this third quest abandonment giving me absolute grief.
07/01/2018 10:37 AMPosted by Milksy
06/30/2018 03:28 PMPosted by Merciless
I wonder if abandoning the quests cause future drops to be delayed. Got a third Blood Request within 2 minutes after turning in a second. Gonna abandon this one and see if it takes forever for another quest to show up.

I've also been wondering this, as each time I've abandoned one, it's taken me ages to get the next one. When I've turned the dupes in, even if it was another dupe, they'd drop again within a reasonable time frame (15-60 minutes). Not abandoning anymore after this third quest abandonment giving me absolute grief.

I thinking abandoning does put you on a timer as yeah I abandoned a dupe and it took forever to get another one compared to get another one right after doing it
06/29/2018 12:36 PMPosted by Ythisens
Grinding out Field Medic or other things added into the game like this can take some time. That's kind of the point.

flawed or intentional timegating

Yeah guys don't you know? That's how the $ gets made! DUH!
07/01/2018 11:54 AMPosted by Bachichicken
07/01/2018 10:37 AMPosted by Milksy

I thinking abandoning does put you on a timer as yeah I abandoned a dupe and it took forever to get another one compared to get another one right after doing it

When I farmed for it, using groups, abandoning dupes had no noticeable effect on the drop rate.

I probably got a drop before I'd manage to fly out, complete the quest and fly back.
I thought I would pass this guide along. Hope this is ok to post as it doesn't belong to me. I was stuck on "Singed Note". However, found this guide to be spot on for this achievement quest line. Yes, the last is always the longest. But the last for me dropped after 20 minutes. Hope this helps you as well, wishing all the very best! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUDuEk0Et8g
I've completed my grind and my complaint is less with the grind itself, which sure sucks but whatever the game has always had grinds of this style, and more with the fact that by allowing duplicate drops large portions of the grind were effectively wasted.

Not even taking the bugged period into account, there were points where I spent days grinding several hours at a time waiting for the next drop, only for it to be one I had. Literally hours and hours of work thrown away to make zero progress while simultaneously demoralizing you about the entire thing. We couldn't trade the things to party members, we couldn't get anything new until we completed it or abandoned it, and the actual "reward" of it was paltry. I could have made 100x or more the gold doing actual productive things. It feels like bad design.

TL;DR The grind itself was fine(ish). The duplicate drops are wasteful, punishing and bad design.
Learned about the achievement yesterday and started from scratch, got the title today.

It's really not that bad of a grind at all.
It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but it was still pretty annoying. Like, I got all 3 letters from Highmountain in like 10 minutes but it took me over 2 hours to find the last one I needed in Azsuna. It was worth it, though :D