New Guardian - Mage Tower Possible?

Druid
Realizing that the pre-patch isn't far off, I'm regretting putting off levelling up a druid and nabbing the Mage Tower Guardian appearance. Always thought the 2-legged bear form was pretty sweet. Will this 2-legged appearance maybe be obtainable elsewhere in the future?

So, I'm here to ask you guys, the experts : If I boosted a brand new druid today (6/28/18), do you think there is time to get him up in time to be able to knock out the mage tower challenge?

I know it maybe depends on how lucky/quickly I'd be in getting a legendary or two. But, say worse come to worse, and I only have the freebie leggo ring from the first Argus kill, and say, I bought one of the player mades - Do you think this is enough to beat the tower?

I guess scrambling thru the quest lines, and starting collecting Veiled Argunite would be top priority, in hitting the min lvl required for LFR?

Or, /gasp, I guess if one were really desperate, a paid run thru ABT in hopes of getting gear? What's the ballpark cost of that? I've always scoffed at the idea of paying someone to run me thru something, but, maybe have to re-think that! Time is short!

Appreciate your time!
Yes. I got it today. I bought my Lego. I got both today. Get your silithus quest done first after the boost. Do lots of Argus was. Get the ring to boot. I did it in less than 30 tries. You can too
It's possible, for sure. But you're going to have to work at it.

Guardian can be made much easier if you luck out on certain Legendaries (namely Luffas or Ekowraith)... BUT it can be done with any Legendary combination. It's still a tough challenge.

I'm in a similar boat... i finished leveling my old, former Paladin main. I'm frantically doing Argus stuff and PUGing Normal Antorus in hopes of getting enough gear to give a few shots at the Prot Pally challenge this weekend.

Good luck!!
I believe you can, I did it today at 914 with just Ekowraith, and not that great of gear, just using your brain, and following mechanics will help you further then depending on just legendaries, this warrior got his fury weapons at 909 with no Legendaries, and only concord 4, it was all about following the mechanics to get it.

If you feel the mechanics are overwhelming, read up on guides, and watch videos, see how they are dealt with step by step. There isn't much in terms of RNG except for the Drain Life cast, and Purple Beam pushers.

Its all in how well you can push DPS while surviving mechanics at the same time.
I did mine yesterday I’ve done it twice as DH/Prot paly so I know fight... 10-15 attempts and I’m not great at bear. I used antorus LEGO ring and Resto boots At 922 Ilvl.

So get your ilvl up and you can do it! Also make sure you do artifact quest to boost yours to 127 traits that will help a bunch.
Thanks gang, for all of the encouraging feedback. That is all good news! I'm going to give this a shot, for sure. I've never played as a tank, let alone a Druid tank, but your words have given me confidence! Let the race begin! I'll let you know how it goes - wish me luck!

Now for the hardest part of making a new toon - coming up with a name. Maybe Procrastination would be good. Haha!
been trying real hard to get some gear with little to no luck. i just hope we got at least 1 more week so i can get my swole guardian form
06/29/2018 06:12 PMPosted by Ursann
been trying real hard to get some gear with little to no luck. i just hope we got at least 1 more week so i can get my swole guardian form

Farm Antorus world quests. I joined hella low level m+ as tank. Ezpz
Just nail the mechanics, anything about 910 when doing mechanics right should be pretty solid. Can't screw up any mechanics though.
06/29/2018 07:14 PMPosted by Peeny
06/29/2018 06:12 PMPosted by Ursann

Farm Antorus world quests. I joined hella low level m+ as tank. Ezpz

yeah been farming argus for elites and chests and no luck with legos, at least i got a few 910 token gear so i guess it's not a complete waste of time.
06/28/2018 05:16 PMPosted by Mumps
If I boosted a brand new druid today (6/28/18), do you think there is time to get him up in time to be able to knock out the mage tower challenge?

yes.

this toon was sitting at 103 on 6/28. on 6/29 it was 110. on 6/30 it completed the guardian challenge.

its definitely possible.
I did mine at 925 with Prydaz and the Insignia. I think I did about 15 tries, give or take, and I had never played a bear druid before four days ago (it's now making me kick myself for ignoring the spec, so it went well). So yes, it is entirely possible. Just don't get discouraged and keep plugging away at it!
Just did it today, 7 tries ( I already know the encounter from doing it on my paladin) 918 ilevel, luffa and sephuz, didn't use incarnation because I forgot to change every time I died, didn't matter. Bear tartare, corrupted rune, agi flask, prolonged power pre pot and pot + drums during kruul. There's a bunch of guides out there, just grind out the gear itll take maybe two weeks, then blast away at the tower.
07/01/2018 10:59 AMPosted by Krolthas
Just did it today, 7 tries ( I already know the encounter from doing it on my paladin) 918 ilevel, luffa and sephuz, didn't use incarnation because I forgot to change every time I died, didn't matter. Bear tartare, corrupted rune, agi flask, prolonged power pre pot and pot + drums during kruul. There's a bunch of guides out there, just grind out the gear itll take maybe two weeks, then blast away at the tower.

What ilvl did you do the challenge for the paladins and any leggos you used?