Why there are just Blood and High Elves

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 7 Next
06/29/2018 05:32 AMPosted by Maizou

Eh, I doubt this topic will ever die.

Personally, I expect the next expansion/this expansion will have a scene where Vereesa becomes a Void Elf, and we get dialogue that states the Silver Covenant is joining her in embracing the Void, etc. Thus ending the High Elf debate, as at that point there'd only be a few one-off NPCs that are High Elves left.

Half Elves as an Allied Race.
I'd just like an Elf Paladin on the Alliance. Elves are not unique to either faction so neither should certain elf combinations, it's all arbitrary at this point.

Besides Alliance only have 3 species of Paladins: Human, Dwarf, Draenei.

Horde already has 4 species for Shaman: Orc, Tauren, Troll, Goblin.

Blizzard should stop being so rigid with class/race combos on the Alliance side compared to Horde.

Partly why I want High Elves for Alliance.

Half Elves would be fine too.
You people talk as if this subject was the end of the world. Just ignore high elves threads, you know... You don't have to click them, you drama addicts.
06/29/2018 05:32 AMPosted by Maizou
06/29/2018 05:28 AMPosted by Spotti
I thought this whole thing has already quieted down, thanks for bringing it up again! But honestly, who cares... if they want High Elves, and keep posting about it, just ignore those posts... not sure why people feel the need to create threads about how X is complaining about Y etc.

Anyways I'm sure it's either never coming or they will hold high elves as a sort of future ''ace in the hole'' so to speak if they need it for any reason.

Eh, I doubt this topic will ever die.

Personally, I expect the next expansion/this expansion will have a scene where Vereesa becomes a Void Elf, and we get dialogue that states the Silver Covenant is joining her in embracing the Void, etc. Thus ending the High Elf debate, as at that point there'd only be a few one-off NPCs that are High Elves left.

I didn't say it'd die but it has quieted down, people just need to learn to avoid said topics if it doesn't interest them.

And well, I think they can do a number of things but as it stands now, it's just not happening. I don't see them wasting resources to create scenarios to explain away the High Elves. So unless they decide midway through to introduce them, I don't see it happening.
1- Zandalari will get their paladins back before they become playable, you can bet on it. Most likely, Vol’jin will be their new Loa.

2- Offing the high elves after all the controversy aould leave people even more upset. Making them just return to Silvermoon after a decade of bad blood is poor writing. Making them willingly go void after a schism caused by refusal to use darker magics would make even less sense.

3- There are way better ways to appease the high elf crowd. The whole controversy could have been avoided if Blizzard hadn’t introduced void elves in such a half-assed way.
If we do not get High elves which I hope that we do (HE supporter here) I would like their role wrapped up or merged with Void elf lore, it would give VE’s much more much needed background story and wrap up the HE saga with all High Elves (what I and others consider HE) to be either BE or VE now, and I’d be 110% okay with this outcome
06/29/2018 02:03 AMPosted by Orhato
Remind people that the High Elf population is extremely low so it's plausible that if you wrote these two scenarios in then there would probably only be a few thousand High Elves left. Possibly less which would negate any possibility of them ever being an Allied Race because there just are enough of them canonically existing.

Nah, they just have to have some people in Stormwind comment that all High Elves are married to humans, there are already High Elves in the Velf starting area training to become Velves.

There are already so few of them, it already makes sense there would be more Half-elves around than pure ones at this point.
Or you could do both.
Wrong this won't work or help.
I really wish the mods would make a permanent “allied race” megathread and pin it to the top of GD and leave,it there with an unlimited cap. All discussion on wishes for allied races,could go there. That would eliminate the procession of daily news threads many of which are just created to bait folks into arguments. Any new thread on allied races would be removed.
Remember how you wrote some lore about the Zandalari Prelates losing their powers to shut up people asking for Zandalari Paladins?
You could do something similar with High Elves.

Say either most of the defected back to Quel'thalas after learning they no longer had to eat Mana Wyrms and tap Fel Crystals which was their primary complaint and became those new Golden Eyed Blood Elves.
Or say that the vast majority of remaining High Elves embraced the Void and became Void Elves at the behest of Alleria Windrunner

Or you could do both.
Remind people that the High Elf population is extremely low so it's plausible that if you wrote these two scenarios in then there would probably only be a few thousand High Elves left. Possibly less which would negate any possibility of them ever being an Allied Race because there just are enough of them canonically existing.

I would like to point out that there is no known proof that we can make more void elves. Even the NPCs mention or allude to the fact that the player void elf is a former blood elf that was exiled. Also the point of there only being a few thousand left is irrelevant. Void elves canonically can't have more than 100 members probably far less. Demon hunters and death knights are also few in numbers canonically. They may be classes but numbers wise they are still few in number yet are playable.
06/29/2018 07:53 AMPosted by Vicktoria
I really wish the mods would make a permanent “allied race” megathread and pin it to the top of GD and leave,it there with an unlimited cap. All discussion on wishes for allied races,could go there. That would eliminate the procession of daily news threads many of which are just created to bait folks into arguments. Any new thread on allied races would be removed.

If you don't like them don't read them. Most of the issues with the high elf mega thread occured when they forced the merger of the anti mega thread and the pro mega thread. This eventually led to the mega thread being shut down because of all the toxicity.
06/29/2018 07:55 AMPosted by Flikdurklek
06/29/2018 07:53 AMPosted by Vicktoria

If you don't like them don't read them. Most of the issues with the high elf mega thread occured when they forced the merger of the anti mega thread and the pro mega thread. This eventually led to the mega thread being shut down because of all the toxicity.

So now the toxicity is in multiple threads, that solved a lot.

If folks are going to participate in a public forum they are going to have to live with some dissenting opinions. It’s unrealistic to think you can be in a exclusive echo chamber on a public forum. I suggest if ppl can’t take some differing opinions perhaps they could use a private discord channel to echo their opinions.
step -1 stop creating dumb threads like this and 75% of the current high Elf threads are gone.

It makes no sense for the High Elves to return to Silvermoon as of right now. They were literally kicked out (not all of them) and most of the High Elf groups attacked the Horde / Blood Elves or where attacked by them.

I don't understand how people think the current High Elves and Blood Elves would get along after killing each other for so long, there was too much blood split between the two groups. That's one of the main reasons I want to play as them, the Blood/High Elf drama is great.

Void Elves are former Blood Elves that where recently kicked out of Silvermoon, they just don't have the drama with them but maybe it will turn into a DaRK Elf VS Light elf thing as Blood Elves are pretty much Light Elves now.

I really think Blood Elves are slowly going to Evolve again even if the changes are minor thanks to the Light and as we have seen they are getting Lightforged eyes so maybe more changes would happen over a few generations. Elves tend to mutate all the time after all.
06/29/2018 07:55 AMPosted by Vicktoria

Only because any attempts at creation of new mega threads has resulted in them being reported for spam and eventually automatically deleted due to the number of reports.

It's what the moderator team did so now they have to deal with it.
Without its master's command. The restless High Elf fans will become an even greater burden to these forums. Control must be maintained. There must always be...[thunder sounds] a High Elf thread.
https://youtu.be/qAIrj_Vqdfc?t=1m

Reference for Blizzard Moderation Team
I still want those troll paladins. I don't know what you're talking about

It's what the moderator team did so now they have to deal with it.
Without its master's command. The restless High Elf fans will become an even greater burden to these forums. Control must be maintained. There must always be...[thunder sounds] a High Elf thread.
https://youtu.be/qAIrj_Vqdfc?t=1m

/facepalm
...It's what the moderator team did so now they have to deal with it.
...https://youtu.be/qAIrj_Vqdfc?t=1m

/facepalm
Darn..was hoping for a /slapsknee type reaction
continue to ignore them for another decade

wow that was difficult