Mistweaver feels terrible

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
Does not feel good......... forced to take surging mist for the heal in PvP.... idk why this was ever even taken from being baseline.

cant do anything but channel soothing mist in PvE....

you an no longer channel and move with soothing mist..... id be ok with it, but our movement was nerfed along with out para and sweep.......

The GCD changes make it really annoying.....

Way of the crane no longer breaks stuns, and costs 25k mana for litereally !@#$ healing....

having para nerfed to 45 sec CD. sweep nerfed. transcendence nerfed. and not being able to channel while moving is very bad. i guess blizz expects us to be able to stay alive when people train us but not compensate with the on demand heals and CDs like other healers have. Hence why our movement has always been really good.

overall feels terrible and clunky.
Please never use ellipses again. Just use a period. Or a comma. Or a semicolon. Please.
I think the talents we have right now are not designed to work with Crane in anyway and the nerfs to paralysis, leg sweep and our port is just to much. The new maps are horrible to heal on as Mistweaer and think blizzard went to far with the nerfs and not compensating with utility to improve our survivability.
07/01/2018 04:30 PMPosted by Frieddk
Please never use ellipses again. Just use a period. Or a comma. Or a semicolon. Please.

thanks...... lol

07/01/2018 06:57 PMPosted by Xinwugc
I think the talents we have right now are not designed to work with Crane in anyway and the nerfs to paralysis, leg sweep and our port is just to much. The new maps are horrible to heal on as Mistweaer and think blizzard went to far with the nerfs and not compensating with utility to improve our survivability.

yep. just feels like too much nerfs, hopefully it gets better. I honestly dont have high hopes though. so im waiting for classic.
Mistweaver is probably my favorite healer so far for this expansion. It's early, sure, but the mythics than i've ran, and the one raid night i've done were very enjoyable. The throughput possible with the new "fistweaving" is very nice, and personally i love the new Soothing Mist.

As for pvp and the CC options/mobility...i'm not concerned. many classes saw nerfs across the board--i think it'll work itself out.
Mistweaver is second on my list of healers. It's actually good. Only reason I like Shaman more is the visuals. Thank your lucky stars you don't play druid.
Mistweaver can pump ridiculously high, mana efficient, healing in a short period of time in PvP.

I don't know how this will will seat them on tier lists as their CC does have a very long Cool down currently which essentially means you are just a healbot where as other healers have more frequent access to CC, damage reduction or kicks.

The sheer output on their healing may or may not make them strong. I guess comps and time will tell.
I really like Mistweaver. I do think soothing mist should be able to be channeled while moving, but otherwise it's an extremely fun spec with a versatile and effective toolkit.
07/02/2018 10:56 AMPosted by Alyssian
I really like Mistweaver. I do think soothing mist should be able to be channeled while moving, but otherwise it's an extremely fun spec with a versatile and effective toolkit.

Nah they would be super busted at that point.
07/01/2018 04:30 PMPosted by Frieddk

Yeah, people who use those are lame...
07/02/2018 07:33 AMPosted by Exania
Mistweaver is second on my list of healers. It's actually good. Only reason I like Shaman more is the visuals. Thank your lucky stars you don't play druid.

I like how Resto Druids play.

In terms of fun for me, I'd rate them: Resto Dru > Resto Sham > MW > H Pally.

Never played Priest, so can't rank them.
07/02/2018 11:23 AMPosted by Nuclearman

If Mist Wrap still worked the way it did in alpha when it just let you cast soothing on the move, but not Vivify or EM, I don't think it would be busted. It would be strong with EF up, but I'm not sure it would even surpass the healing on the move of disc/pally/druid (and would also be interruptable in PvP).

I don't expect them to change it back, though it would be nice to have mist wrap back up against the boring 45 talents. Lifecycles is a boring talent you just end up taking because you have nothing else to pick, mana tea on the GCD isn't something I want to deal with and if you're not fistweaving you don't want spirit of the crane. I liked having mist wrap there as my default.
07/01/2018 07:46 PMPosted by Kanstilxd
so im waiting for classic.

Monk's weren't in classic? Did they say they were putting hero classes in classic?

Wait what? So how Soothin Mist originally worked would bust all balance?
I disagree completely, I love this version of mistweaver, but I don't pvp, ever. I raid and I do dungeons and from that perspective it's amazingly fun
07/02/2018 07:33 AMPosted by Exania
Thank your lucky stars you don't play druid.

TESTIFY!!!
07/05/2018 11:24 AMPosted by Riidatar

Uuuuuuuum, it couldn't be channeled while moving in MoP or WoD.
07/05/2018 07:09 PMPosted by Noxana

07/05/2018 07:09 PMPosted by Noxana

He's forgetting that we're going back to instant cast vivify and ef while channeling. It would be broken. We did have the .5 second gcd after soothing in those days though. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
07/02/2018 07:37 AMPosted by Mêphiston
Mistweaver can pump ridiculously high, mana efficient, healing in a short period of time in PvP.

I don't know how this will will seat them on tier lists as their CC does have a very long Cool down currently which essentially means you are just a healbot where as other healers have more frequent access to CC, damage reduction or kicks.

The sheer output on their healing may or may not make them strong. I guess comps and time will tell.

mw healing numbers are WAY overtuned. that's why they are still good, even the best in pvp right now. when that gets fixed, and it will, all of this crap will add up.