What do night elves have left at this point?

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 26 Next
06/21/2018 09:15 PMPosted by Fortuna
Well, they've said roughly a million times that the Alliance is getting all of the Eastern Kingdoms

That is not true, the horde is still fighting in eastern kingdoms, there is a warfront there.

And according to the missions of the BFA followers, the alliance is also fighting in Kalimdor.
06/21/2018 08:45 PMPosted by Dremin
06/21/2018 08:41 PMPosted by Exania
Maybe if y’all had stood for something Instead of of hiding away behind that wall y’all would still have a capital. ;)

I mean...they were trying to stay neutral until the Forsaken invaded. Even Garrosh was repulsed by it ;)

Garrosh was repulsed by a lot of things until they butchered his character. Stonetalon Mountains showed he developed intelligence and compassion after the Northrend Invasion and then they pretended he learned nothing during MoP.

They skipped his cataclysm development for a garbage MoP storyline.

To the topic though, the night elves got what they deserved. Thrall was suing for peace with them forever and they kept harassing them. In cataclysm the night elves were assulting all the horde outposts in Ashenvale and pushing into northern barrens when Garrosh took power. Only then did the tide change AND NOW the night elves are the victims?!?

The night elves brought it upon themselves.
We scared Ythisens away
Victory is ours to cheer
Begone silly Yak!
06/21/2018 09:24 PMPosted by Dreadmoon
We scared Ythisens away
Victory is ours to cheer
Begone silly Yak!

I think he regrets poking the beehive that is the topic of Night Elves and how they are treated in lore, and knows that most comments at this point he could make would not be satisfactory
06/21/2018 09:27 PMPosted by Hrundi
We scared Ythisens away
Victory is ours to cheer
Begone silly Yak!

I think he regrets poking the beehive that is the topic of Night Elves and how they are treated in lore, and knows that most comments at this point he could make would not be satisfactory

It'll lead to a locked thread lol.
We scared Ythisens away
Victory is ours to cheer
Begone silly Yak!

Well its a sore subject for a lot of people, and yet he decided to go with the snarky memey comment.
06/21/2018 01:36 PMPosted by Ythisens
A nice collection of ashes.

To soon back to your stable!
06/21/2018 09:24 PMPosted by Asmonparse
Garrosh was repulsed by a lot of things until they butchered his character. Stonetalon Mountains showed he developed intelligence and compassion after the Northrend Invasion and then they pretended he learned nothing during MoP.

They skipped his cataclysm development for a garbage MoP storyline.

To the topic though, the night elves got what they deserved. Thrall was suing for peace with them forever and they kept harassing them. In cataclysm the night elves were assulting all the horde outposts in Ashenvale and pushing into northern barrens when Garrosh took power. Only then did the tide change AND NOW the night elves are the victims?!?

The night elves brought it upon themselves.

Ashenvale was never orcs territory, of course the night elves would attack them. Why suyddenly horde players think their races have the right to invade other zones and if they are attacked they are the victims? lol.

Also no, Garrosh was an idiot in Cata too, he didn't have any development, and Stonetalon was literally called a mistake by Blizz since it was done by another writer who didn't know what the main team was working on.
06/21/2018 05:45 PMPosted by Iyoma
06/21/2018 02:31 PMPosted by Cheydin
Loss is a powerful story telling tool.

The Night Elves once were the undisputed rulers of Azeroth - the first wielders of the Arcane. When you are at the top, the only way to go is down.

Their whole narrative is littered with loss - since they had everything to lose.

And to blizzard's credit, they are creating a emotionally compelling narrative that incorporates this loss in BFA. Night Elves may have lost territory, but they are the emotional anchor for the Alliance going into BFA.

Loss can be a powerful storytelling tool, if done right. Constantly forcing a group to lose and lose without ever actually giving them anything or even any story about it isn't doing it right. Also, night elves aren't the emotional anchor for the Alliance. After losing everything except some of their lives, they might as well not exist. Humans are still the everything in the Alliance.

I said emotional anchor. Humans are front and center, sure, but Varian's death isn't what is leading us to the Siege of Lorderan. Sure, it may be part. But the burning of Teldrassil is "the spark that set the whole world ablaze".

SPOILERS:

In BFA refugees litter the streets of Stormwind. One of our main liaisons for our war campaign is Shandris Feathermoon. Night Elf archers can been seen patrolling every Alliance hub on Zandalar. Huge contingents of night Elves are stationed at Stormwind Harbor.

Everywhere you turn you are reminded that the Night Elves are pissed off and suffering. It constantly reminds you that you want vengeance for them. It is emotionally compelling and gets you pumped to kill Horde.

Look, i don't like losing all the time either. And Alliance is set up to lose... a lot. But unlike the losses in cataclysm, where we just shrugged our shoulders and worked with Thrall - these losses are shaping our world moving forward.

And that sums up exactly why I will not be paying you jerks for an Expansion that !@#$s on Night Elf Players. Do you really think you deserve to get paid for that?? Your writers should go back to writing the instructions on how to put Ikea furniture together. That never fits together either!
We scared Ythisens away
Victory is ours to cheer
Begone silly Yak!

Sadly your haiku relies on how the heck you pronounce "Ythisens". I think the Y is supposed to be a vowel, making it three syllables, but I don't actually recall. I'm fairly certain it's not one syllable, which it would need to be to make your count correct.

I'm pretty sure that means you get thrown out of the club by this guy:
https://youtu.be/K7-2_gUuWK4?t=2m
06/21/2018 09:32 PMPosted by Briinn

And that sums up exactly why I will not be paying you jerks for an Expansion that !@#$s on Night Elf Players. Do you really think you deserve to get paid for that?? Your writers should go back to writing the instructions on how to put Ikea furniture together. That never fits together either!

We hit gold with those Salt stocks. Everyone to the inn drinks are on me.
06/21/2018 09:32 PMPosted by Cheydin
In BFA refugees litter the streets of Stormwind. One of our main liaisons for our war campaign is Shandris Feathermoon. Night Elf archers can been seen patrolling every Alliance hub on Zandalar. Huge contingents of night Elves are stationed at Stormwind Harbor. Everywhere you turn you are reminded that the Night Elves are pissed off and suffering. It constantly reminds you that you want vengeance for them. It is emotionally compelling and gets you pumped to kill Horde. Look, i don't like losing all the time either. And Alliance is set up to lose... a lot. But unlike the losses in cataclysm, where we just shrugged our shoulders and worked with Thrall - these losses are shaping our world moving forward.

Really? They're guarding stuff? That's our revenge? lol.
06/21/2018 09:41 PMPosted by Dremin
In BFA refugees litter the streets of Stormwind. One of our main liaisons for our war campaign is Shandris Feathermoon. Night Elf archers can been seen patrolling every Alliance hub on Zandalar. Huge contingents of night Elves are stationed at Stormwind Harbor. Everywhere you turn you are reminded that the Night Elves are pissed off and suffering. It constantly reminds you that you want vengeance for them. It is emotionally compelling and gets you pumped to kill Horde. Look, i don't like losing all the time either. And Alliance is set up to lose... a lot. But unlike the losses in cataclysm, where we just shrugged our shoulders and worked with Thrall - these losses are shaping our world moving forward.

Cool, guard duty. Sounds about as exciting as parking enforcement.
06/21/2018 09:42 PMPosted by Jaou
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Cool, guard duty. Sounds about as exciting as parking enforcement.

Just more corpses. Since they like to kill off Night elves. so, doubt those cities will be well defended. I'd personally rather hide in Iron forge. Stormwind has a history of getting attacked and is completely open.
06/21/2018 09:41 PMPosted by Dremin

Not just any stuff!! HUMAN STUFF!!
Everywhere you turn you are reminded that the Night Elves are pissed off and suffering. It constantly reminds you that you want vengeance for them. It is emotionally compelling and gets you pumped to kill Horde.

Its emotionally compelling for the Lawful Good Overdrive "Dues Vult" crowd who need to feel like they have the moral high ground to kill Horde. They lost nothing significant in the Night Elf trail of tears, night elf players already had a slew of "compelling reasons" to go after the Horde. However, most night elf players have already lost enough being the punching bag of the alliance that they don't blame the Horde for this treatment, they blame Blizzard.
06/21/2018 09:28 PMPosted by Sundenna

Well its a sore subject for a lot of people, and yet he decided to go with the snarky memey comment.

You know if we had a dedicated MVP from the Story Forums who was well-versed in WoW's lore and people's concern regarding the direction this story is going, this whole thing could have been avoided.
06/21/2018 09:55 PMPosted by Anyaceltica

Its emotionally compelling for the Lawful Good Overdrive "Dues Vult" crowd who need to feel like they have the moral high ground to kill Horde. They lost nothing significant in the Night Elf trail of tears, night elf players already had a slew of "compelling reasons" to go after the Horde. However, most night elf players have already lost enough being the punching bag of the alliance that they don't blame the Horde for this treatment, they blame Blizzard.

Enter the Blue Yak.
06/21/2018 06:21 PMPosted by Hellstarr
True on all counts, but. You all had it coming. Camp Taurajo Never Forget

We won't.

We were being nice at that time (We let the civilians through).

Which is more than can be said of Horde at any time.