What do night elves have left at this point?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 26 Next
06/21/2018 01:36 PMPosted by Ythisens
A nice collection of ashes.
Now this is a community manager I can get behind.
06/21/2018 04:01 PMPosted by Blackbriar
06/21/2018 01:50 PMPosted by Déjàbrew
Each other.

Hopefully we can find our lost savagery, and fight for a new home.

Seriously. I want a return of the Nightelves that were supposed to be ferocious and powerful. I really hope Sylvanas's whole plan to break the Night Elves backfires, Tyrande stops lurvy-durving over Malfurion and remembers she's supposed to be this holy warrior priestess of Elune and reclaims her coolness from whatever crevice Malfurion kicked it into when he woke up.

It won't happen, but I can dream dang it.
Obligatory Banshee Fangrrl Response : That's her plan all along. Sylvanas only wants what's best for everyone!
06/21/2018 01:51 PMPosted by Romanna
NEW TOY

Any Player who logs into a level 110 Night Elf (Not Demon Hunter) Character receives a new toy. "A Nice Collection of Ashes"

Activating the toy allows the character to place a jar on the ground. All Night Elves within thirty feet have their characters perform the "cry" emote.

please add this blizz

I'm guessing you play Horde.

06/21/2018 12:51 PMPosted by Slaëyn
Seriously, what do the night elves get out of this?

Feathermoon. Seriously, it's our only stronghold on a Horde-dominated continent.

Now we can be homeless with the Gnomes and Worgen. Kind of par for the course, if you're Alliance.
They still have Hyjal and Moonglade.
That is an excellent question.

Before I had the suspicion that blizzard hated night elves, BFA finished confirming those suspicions.

Seriously hates them, why? I would love to know, NEs are literally the most beaten and weakened race in the game.

It would be nice to have a serious answer about it, but we only got one meme.

I do not understand how blizzard can simply ignore or humiliate a large percentage of its playerbase, NEs are the third most played race, a large part of their community chose them and blizzard simply destroys them more and more.

Do you really believe that everyone will simply change their race or go to the horde?

No, many will leave the game, I almost do it, if it were not for my main is a DK, who cares little about the tree.
The answer to the above post is simple: NE's are a core Alliance race, that's all that needs to be said.
Can't they just populate the area around nordrassil? AKA Hyjal. Then they could perhaps cleanse the felwood seeing as the demons are !@#$ed.
I'm guessing you play Horde.

Yes, and also admitted that most of those who work in blizzard are hordes, which explains a lot.
You can breed, so you got that over dragons.

I'm thinking I rather have you as a pile ashes right now but I'm not a fire mage, so how about an arrow to the knee?
06/21/2018 04:16 PMPosted by Kalarm
Can't they just populate the area around nordrassil? AKA Hyjal. Then they could perhaps cleanse the felwood seeing as the demons are !@#$ed.
Sylvanas wants them all held at gunpoint so she can blackmail Anduin into giving up Stormwind. How do you think she'd react if she found out the Cenarion Circle was betraying their neutrality to help the night elves relocate to Hyjal and Moonglade?

They have no presence on Kalimdor. Feathermoon, Astranaar, and Lor'danel are gone. Azuremyst isn't safe because the Horde is attacking it from Zoram'gar. There are Horde shamans trying to burn down the ruins of Auberdine just to be spiteful.

They're hobos in Stormwind's streets apart from Shandris and a handful of huntresses skirmishing in the ruins of their civilization. I'm not even exaggerating- if you walk around SW on beta, you see groups of night elves all over the city huddled around campfires on random curbs.
I have a new home.

A floating mausoleum in the sky :)

Forests are for hippies!

lolololololololol
They have a new set of skimpy armor from the classic trailer.

Given the timing I get the feeling a lot of night elves are now being forced into a less reputable line of work in order to survive.

I feel sorry for them, being forced to work the mean streets of stormwind just so they can get some stale bread for whats left of their families........

You have my sympathy.

What a god damn hero.

I love you.
06/21/2018 04:18 PMPosted by Reallyhappy
You can breed, so you got that over dragons.

Got that over the Forsaken too. Ew, just imagine the smell...

Okaaay, I say this with all due respect, O Great and Powerful Blue, but:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHlY5k0feVI

Burn.
06/21/2018 12:51 PMPosted by Slaëyn
Ashenvale? Gobbled up by the Warsong clan.

Azshara? Occupied by goblin squatters, hope you like golf.

Darkshore/Auberdine? Whoops, tidal wave.

Feathermoon Hold? Same as Darkshore.

Val'Sharah? Half consumed by the nightmare.

Teldrassil? TIMBER!

Hell, they don't even have the bastion of Stormwind park anymore after Deathwing rekt it.

Seriously, what do the night elves get out of this?

To be fair, if the sub-factions of the Alliance were to get into a fight over who has it worst, I think the gnomes would win. The game manual literally says that they lost almost 80% of their race to getting irradiated when Gnomeregan was flooded with radiation. They then lived as refugees in Ironforge, and have spent the last decade failing to take down the one evil gnome who rules over the irradiated remains of Gnomeregan.

It's like the saddest, most pathetic story in the game. The Night Elves have lost a lot of territory, but they still have a lot of territory, just not fully. Lots of presence throughout Kalimdor, presumably Valsharah's beaten back the Nightmare after Legion (even if the area isn't updated), and the neutral Cenarion Circle areas are basically Night Elf aligned and mostly full of Night Elves even if technically they've not taken sides.