In Celebration of the Fixed Post History...

General Discussion
09/14/2013 09:57 PMPosted by Willkiller
What Varian should have said:

Ok "Warchief", here's what is going to happen, you are going to agree, right now, to cease and desist all action and withdraw all forces from Gilnaus, Arathi, and Ashenvale, or we are gonna start a battle right here and now that will make the fight against Garrosh look like a schoolyard brawl. Furthermore any use of the undead blight plague for any reason ever will be grounds for a war of extinction against you. Anything else, including restitution for Thereamore will be discussed at the treaty table.

Warchief replies:

/Holds up hand to quiet Sylvanas. That be reasonable, we be seeing you at the treaty table.

After Alliance leaves:

Sylvanas asks: Why did you roll over to his terms?
Warchief: Cause we be hurtin for resources and withdrawing save us lots of them, plus, them be things I was gonna be doing anyway.

There you go, reasonable terms, warchief comes off as intelligent with a plan, and alliance get more than the moral high ground for a fist pump moment.

Still think it should have been this way. /grumble
Feb 5, 2011

You mentioned what fiction it was from. Generally, its against the rules to use a name from other fictions/works. So even if they did not think it was offensive, it could be said to break the rules.

Like I could name a guild "The Justice League." Blizzard could change that, saying it was a reference to other popular fiction/books. I could say "No, I just meant we are a guild or "League" in Wow, out for justice! What is this other "justice league you mention???"

That name could also suggest lady parts, to someone.

So right away, I can think of a couple of reasons why you should not even be asking this and could figure it out yourself with some common sense.

Dangit, as I quoted this that one dropped off. It is all going away! It only goes back to 10,000 posts for me.
I can't quote mine, as the topic is now locked and the quote functionality is dead. However, throwback to an old forum classic:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Little late on the Sunday wagon, aren't we?

Regardless, this is asinine to an almost absurd degree. No raid leader worth their salt gives a crap if you pulled a grey due to a death, unless that death was *entirely* your fault or is happening on a consistent, regular basis. If only that raid leader had like...a spreadsheet that helped him or her readily identify player errors and remedy them...oh wait.

This post reads like the ramblings of someone who cares entirely too much about their parses and is trying really, really hard to convince a random, disinterested forum that they SUPER DON'T CARE about their parses. And this is coming from an admitted parse fanboy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From 2010
I'm having the same issue. I can log in, put in my info and autheticator stuff, but it won't let me log into any realm. It sits on "Success" or "Logging into game server" for about 30-45 seconds before booting me back to realm select.
04/28/2016 11:24 AMPosted by Dinkydeath
Being the size of a lapdog, makes me understandably nervous.

Edit: autocorrect strikes again.
Hopefully this gets sorted soon.
11/22/2010 01:28 AMPosted by Xzistance
I finished my final ZG on my Mage here earlier today and neither thing dropped sadly. Still got one run left it in me tomorrow on my Paladin so wish me luck guys. I actually saw the Tiger drop one time but it was during a run where I promised it to my GF on the rare chance it did drop (I mean, after 4 years of farming it what are the chance) and easily enough it did actually drop. Oh well though, if I don't get it then I don't, it's a really deep regret but in time I will get over it and find something to fill the gap.

And though 8 years later I have moved on, that is still one of my deepest regrets, especially since THAT GF is now an Ex GF and has been for years.
Nov 18, 2010
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=27026323214&sid=1

We’ve revised the Justice Points conversion rate for Emblems of Triumph and Emblems of Frost. When the upcoming 4.0.1 patch goes live, these emblems will be converted into 11.58 Justice Points (up from the previously planned 2.75 Justice Points per emblem). Justice Points accrued above the soft cap of 4,000 will be converted to gold at a rate of 47.5 silver per point (down from 2 gold per point) when patch 4.0.3 goes live.

The original explanation thread (http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=26850245012) and the subsequent conversion math update (http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=26850245012&sid=1&pageNo=10#184) have been updated to reflect these changes.

oldest post in my history
Farthest back I could find was in 2010 on my shaman, Idari. Is that around when we moved to the new forums?

12/10/2010 08:12 AMPosted by Idari
Ego is a very debilitating disease. What happens when someone's ego is boosted up by those around them? They lower their guard and some sea thug can whack them over the head. Pretty ego deflating, isn't it, Hero?

well that's my RP for the day.
06/26/2018 05:24 AMPosted by Richter
I can't quote mine, as the topic is now locked and the quote functionality is dead. However, throwback to an old forum classic:

control c and control v is what I had to do to copy my oldest post. then after that do the quotes at the bottom. :-)
06/26/2018 05:43 AMPosted by Xzistance
11/22/2010 01:28 AMPosted by Xzistance
I finished my final ZG on my Mage here earlier today and neither thing dropped sadly. Still got one run left it in me tomorrow on my Paladin so wish me luck guys. I actually saw the Tiger drop one time but it was during a run where I promised it to my GF on the rare chance it did drop (I mean, after 4 years of farming it what are the chance) and easily enough it did actually drop. Oh well though, if I don't get it then I don't, it's a really deep regret but in time I will get over it and find something to fill the gap.

And though 8 years later I have moved on, that is still one of my deepest regrets, especially since THAT GF is now an Ex GF and has been for years.

I feel your pain. Only time I saw it drop my son got it. So at least one of us has it but I still really really wanted it.
Since the *first* post was in customer service about game time, I'll use the second post.

07/03/2013 10:09 AMPosted by Maizou
Daddymac isn't a word either.

I wasn't aware everyone had to use official words for their guild names or character names.

From 2013. Not sure what toon I posted on before this one. :/

Oh wait, yes I do. From 2010:

12/27/2010 11:37 PMPosted by Myzou
Just something I've been curious about.

Have they said anything in regards to why Aspect of the Cheetah still causes daze?

Last I heard, it was because they didn't want any class to have a 30% movement speed bonus while still beiing able to actively dps. The same post stated that is why Feral Cat movement speed it outdoor only. (obviously, this post was years ago).

Now that both shamans and pretty much any druid who spends 2 points in feral can reach 30-40% movement speed inside and outside without any downsides, (druids can shapeshift out of roots, slowing effects, etc, whereas shamans can't be slowed down, only rooted), why is the additional effect still there for hunters?

We can be slowed, rooted, etc. Why do we have to be dazed on top of that? Before someone says to balance PvP, again, Feral Druids by far outclass a hunter in that department, and any shaman with improved ghost wolf does as well.
06/22/2018 07:22 AMPosted by Darkkara
06/18/2018 01:26 AMPosted by Elae
What happens if you forget to feed your pet?

You become dinner.
01/25/2018 06:36 PMPosted by Xíang
Bards will happen.. you just wait.
I'll show them all /shakes fist
The post history "only" counts the last 10k posts, so I have about 6.5k MIA. I started playing in 2006 but as I recall didn't come to the forums until sometime in WOTLK. Here's the last line from the first one in the history.

11/10/2015 09:13 AMPosted by Cihys
Skin colors! Tattoos! Pigtails! More options not less. And especially not less options just because of racism. That's just bad, mmmkay?
As others noted, all 34,132 posts are not in my post history. Here is the first I can find though. Apparently it was Customer Support/Tech Support related. This is about 2 years before I became a Tech Support MVP.

Mirasol <Flying Doom Bunnies> 16 Human Mage 13570 34132 posts
Nov 8, 2011
Despite it being Tuesday they have a good reason to ask.

1. There is no "Breaking News" maint announcement on the left side of the login screen
2. The error message given does not indicate a maint event
3. The error message takes you to a dead link so needs updating

If there was always Maint on Tues then it would only be an issue for new players but we do have rolling restarts sometimes so it is quite valid to wonder which it is.
Sept 3, 2012

I think it is definitely the cross-realm. Its like a Doctor Who episode about parallel worlds, where something breaks down and one reality bleeds into the next; what it seems like is that we're fighting on multiple Wintergrasp fields simultaneously, as you see 3 rear towers being destroyed but no drop in the timer, the aforementioned keep flipflop, and the multiple NPC spawns.

My earliest post is a bug report about Wintergrasp, which was ungodly buggy in the Pandaria pre-patch.