How Alt Friendly Is BfA?

General Discussion
I have been a dedicated altoholic for years. That proved problematic at the start of Legion as I spread my attention and gameplaying too thin to keep up with most friends and guildmates.

How does BfA stack up in that regard? Should I focus down on just one or a couple alts or can I spread things around?
06/21/2018 07:39 AMPosted by Jihi
How does BfA stack up in that regard? Should I focus down on just one or a couple alts or can I spread things around?

I would say alt-friendliness is closer to how it was when they added the global artifact knowledge vs how it was at the beginning of Legion.

You still aren't going to be able to equally focus on multiple alts (nor should you be able to really), but you won't be completely buggered if you want to do a bit of dabbling here and there.
Doesn't matter, alts are the only thing that keep me playing. I will level at least all classes to max no matter how alt unfriendly it is. It usually starts bad for alts, but gets better in future patches with the catch up methods
Since my initial focus will be on Zandalari rep, I guess I will push that, probably with hunter or mage...or shaman...or...

8.0 should give me plenty of time to get the feel for which ones to push first.
Much more alt-friendly than Legion. The Artifact necklace carries over between specs, so you don't have to worry about dumping all your resources into one spec, while feeling gimped on off specs... you just power up the necklace on a per-character basis. You'll still have to play your alts to power their necklaces, but it's nowhere near as traumatic as Legion's AP system (at least from the start of the expac; now is much more alt-friendly).
depends on if you want actual alts or multiple mains.
You'll be doing the exact same content over and over and over and over again to level. With just three zones, BFA has the least alternate levelling paths for alts ever.

Another thing to watch is the awful world scaling at 120. If they don't change it, you won't want to level anything except a tank - both in terms of surviving WQs while you gear up at 120 or the instant dungeon queues to gear up that way.
I'm gonna guess it's like always... focus on your main, and eventually it comes to a point where you're being gated, waiting for daily and weekly resets... that's when it's time to divert some time to a alt.

For alts, I'd recommend early on, to focus on the alt's crafts, mostly gems, enchants, and alchemy... those skills that feed and support your main.

Early on, it's easy to foul up, and try to play multiple mains, calling them alts. Early in an expansion, spending too much time on an alt is very wasteful, basically it's playing the game the hard way, when it's gonna be so much easier later to gear up toons.

I do often spend a little time on alts at the start... long enough to get them going on rested time... until you log into an alt, it won't start that accruement of rested exp when the cap goes to 120.
06/21/2018 08:47 AMPosted by Qualanthar
You'll be doing the exact same content over and over and over and over again to level. With just three zones, BFA has the least alternate levelling paths for alts ever.

Another thing to watch is the awful world scaling at 120. If they don't change it, you won't want to level anything except a tank - both in terms of surviving WQs while you gear up at 120 or the instant dungeon queues to gear up that way.

There are six zones. Both factions quest on both continents.
06/21/2018 08:59 AMPosted by Rollo
06/21/2018 08:47 AMPosted by Qualanthar

There are six zones. Both factions quest on both continents.

OK - you have three zones and a fraction of three more. It's not like I can do one zone of Zuldazar, one zone of Kul Turas and then back to Zuldazar.
Very alt friendly
Necklace works between all specs.

Necklace level up xp required reduces each week by a percentage.

Only thing is the reps. You would probably need to focus it on one character. However not required its mostly for a few bits of gear, mounts and allied races
From what i heard azerite power is easy to farm and you won't be wasting a lot of time getting your alt ready to do group content
Would be great if rep progresses was shared to all alts of the same faction though, I mean if you wanted to switch your mains going deeper into an expansion.
if you want to do hard content that comes out next week you better have ap lvl 16 or 17 by now.
If they make the profession recipes BoA it would be alt-friendly to the max.