I don't want to fry my artifact.

General Discussion
Looks like the quest "The power in Our Hands" is the one that burns out the traits in my Artifact. Not sure I want to do it over a month before BfA begins.
What happens if I don't do the quest at all?
06/28/2018 05:54 PMPosted by Fugubar

You miss out on an extremely overpowered weapon.
You could boil it, instead.
Looks like the quest "The power in Our Hands" is the one that burns out the traits in my Artifact. Not sure I want to do it over a month before BfA begins.

No, it doesn't burn out all of the traits in your artifact right away. Instead it boosts all of your artifact traits to the highest number of possible points and makes your weapon super OP. The traits will only burn out in a few weeks when pre-patch lands and I think it will be forced whether or not you do the quests.
But your missing out on OP broken damage. Also the traits "burn out" regardless upon 8.0 pre patch. Not a choice. Enjoy the OP damage now, or don't and stay what is now considered "weak".

Once bfa drops it won't matter if you did this quest or not. Your weapon will be changed, but instead of being buffed it will be nerfed.

Do the quest. Enjoy the temporary buff.
06/28/2018 06:02 PMPosted by Tinkerizmo

Do the quest. Enjoy the temporary buff.

Did it, Weapon stats remained the same. I may have gained a little damage from maxing out concordance I suppose, but I haven't tried killing any familiar stuff yet..

Well, for the moment? Nothing.

You will still be able to invest AP into your artifacts and slowly grind your way up to Concordance Rank 75 if you so choose.

But if you do the quest, you will automatically unlock all traits, and reach rank 75 on all your artifact weapons (with the exception of the Underlight Angler) even the ones you haven't touched.

You will not actually 'lose' your traits and artifact abilities until the pre-patch goes live on the 17th of July.
06/29/2018 05:38 AMPosted by Fugubar
Did it, Weapon stats remained the same. I may have gained a little damage from maxing out concordance I suppose, but I haven't tried killing any familiar stuff yet..
If you were already close to concordance 75, then it's not that big of a boost. However, concordance automatically increases over time between now and the pre patch.
I personally don't see the point of doing the quest line. Unless you are still pushing for Ahead of the Curve or Mythic Plus 15 there is zero point in maxing the weapon out. I mean come on seriously even at 928 and 73 concordence I can faceroll my keyboard and kill any non raid content I want at this point. Then again I'm done with character gear progression on all my characters until BFA hits. So yeah unless you are shooting for one of the two things above it's a waste of 30 minutes.

"But but but you can kill stuff faster moron.". I haven't stepped foot in a Legion zone in weeks so I can already one shot everything. How is more concordence going to help that?
06/29/2018 06:21 AMPosted by Traedena
So yeah unless you are shooting for one of the two things above it's a waste of 30 minutes.
For you perhaps. I'm sure you've seen the countless players who play Wow for the story, for the role play, etc.

I think you meant to say
So yeah unless I am shooting for one of the two things above it's a waste of 30 minutes.
I personally don't see the point of doing the quest line. Unless you are still pushing for Ahead of the Curve or Mythic Plus 15 there is zero point in maxing the weapon out. I mean come on seriously even at 928 and 73 concordence I can faceroll my keyboard and kill any non raid content I want at this point.

You are not at concordance 73. You're at artifact knowledge 73, which would put you at concordance 23 (I think?) The quest will put you at AK level 127 and concordance 76 (as of yesterday...it will keep going up until the pre-patch).
"But but but you can kill stuff faster moron.". I haven't stepped foot in a Legion zone in weeks so I can already one shot everything. How is more concordence going to help that?

You don't unlock the 3rd tier of your 3rd relic unless you are at Rank 75. So there is that. And depending on which relic you have in that slot, that can be a sizable DPS boost.
I personally don't see the point of doing the quest line. Unless you are still pushing for Ahead of the Curve or Mythic Plus 15 there is zero point in maxing the weapon out.

I think the best logic for doing the quests is that, once done, instead of using AP tokens to redundantly power any more of your 3/4 artifacts, once you do the quest, you can sell them for 25g a pop.

It adds up.
06/29/2018 06:00 AMPosted by Levíathan
If you were already close to concordance 75, then it's not that big of a boost.

No one was.

Concordance 75 is nigh impossible to reach without a decade of 24/7 AP grinding.

The previous "known" cap, Concordance 50, was calculated to take about 2 years of constant 24/7 AP grinding to reach.

People at most had Artifact level 83-85, meaning Concordance ~24
But adventurer, ye must draw the dark power out of sargerases sword!

What, you're arguing with that?
06/29/2018 06:35 AMPosted by Beraht
No one was.
Right!
So ... Not to be dense but ...

All the +AP items you get are now just ... Sell?
06/29/2018 06:34 AMPosted by Qualanthar
I personally don't see the point of doing the quest line. Unless you are still pushing for Ahead of the Curve or Mythic Plus 15 there is zero point in maxing the weapon out.

I think the best logic for doing the quests is that, once done, instead of using AP tokens to redundantly power any more of your 3/4 artifacts, once you do the quest, you can sell them for 25g a pop.

It adds up.

Again to earn a token you would have to do Legion based content. Which I at least haven't done any in weeks. So I wouldn't have any tokens to sell.

06/29/2018 06:32 AMPosted by Toori
I personally don't see the point of doing the quest line. Unless you are still pushing for Ahead of the Curve or Mythic Plus 15 there is zero point in maxing the weapon out. I mean come on seriously even at 928 and 73 concordence I can faceroll my keyboard and kill any non raid content I want at this point.

You are not at concordance 73. You're at artifact knowledge 73, which would put you at concordance 23 (I think?) The quest will put you at AK level 127 and concordance 76 (as of yesterday...it will keep going up until the pre-patch).

Yeah I misspoke on that sorry. Truthguard is at rank 73. Which after 2 years with the same weapon I never want to see again so screw all the skins for it. No mage tower, no hidden weapon appearance farming, no Balance of Power. If I will never have a desire for any of it.
06/28/2018 05:56 PMPosted by Ramshad
You could boil it, instead.

I'd say bake in its natural juices...it's more natural and healthy that way