Blood elves golden eyes.

Story Forum
Greetings.
So, after seeing the customization for the blood elves, the golden eyes, I started to wonder if only Paladins and Priests would have these eyes, lorewise of course.
I mean, would a blood elf warrior, for an example, have golden eyes too?
This is just a little question I'm having about which blood elves would be able to have those eyes, more for roleplay reasons than anything, as I intend to play a blood elf warrior to experience the horde side in BFA.
It seems like an across the board change for Bloodelves to rep the sunwell being revived. We'll have to see what carries over to live, but currently all BE can change to Light Eyes.
06/25/2018 11:09 PMPosted by Aratheon
I mean, would a blood elf warrior, for an example, have golden eyes too?

Well, at the end of BC the Sunwell, the magical font of energies that all blood elves are innately connected to and the withdrawal from which caused many to turn Withered and die, was re-ignited. Specifically it was re-ignited by using the 'spark' from the dead naaru M'uru which transformed the Sunwell into a conduit of both arcane and holy energies.

So ever since the end of BC all blood elves have been getting a steady stream of both arcane and light magics courtesy of the Sunwell. It was implied then that, over time, this change to the Sunwell could eventually be reflected in blood elves. And these 'new' golden eyes seem very likely to have been caused by this. Like the green eyes were caused by the blood elves siphoning off demonic magics etc...

So, yes, I'd say it's quite possible for a blood elf warrior to have golden eyes. They might not use magic as much or at all as other elves but they're still connected to the Sunwell. And at the end of the day, it's roleplay. If it seems reasonable then go for it.
Alright, thank you both for your answers, I will use the golden eyes on my blood elf then, hopefully, Blizzard confirms that almost every blood elf would be capable of having golden eyes if they avoid fel magic or something like that, lol.
06/25/2018 11:40 PMPosted by Aratheon
golden eyes on my blood elf then, hopefully, Blizzard confirms that almost every blood elf would be capable of having golden eyes if they avoid fel magic or something like that, lol.
Hahaha I'm going to brand golden eyes while sucking on fel
I fully believe any and all blood elves would gain gold eyes naturally if they were by the sunwell long enough. The only exception i personally would say is warlockd, i feel like lorewise their eyes would stay green no matter what.
It's not like only warlocks got green eyes, back in the day. I don't think class/energy affinity matters in this case.
Pfft... "eyes."
06/26/2018 06:44 AMPosted by Analai
I fully believe any and all blood elves would gain gold eyes naturally if they were by the sunwell long enough. The only exception i personally would say is warlockd, i feel like lorewise their eyes would stay green no matter what.

06/26/2018 06:50 AMPosted by Pellex
It's not like only warlocks got green eyes, back in the day. I don't think class/energy affinity matters in this case.

I want gold eyes too ; _ ; .

They would match my preferred Tmog.