War Mode will be useless with this feature.

Battle for Azeroth Warmode and PvP
We know that War Mode wants to be the next great PvP mode for the future, but there's some tricks that people can do to completely avoid it.

I wasn't aware of this, but nowadays I've been ganking people in Argus and I noticed something that will completely destroy this system: Group Finder.

There's no point in War Mode is your enemies can mid-combat phase into another realm. Just like that. You engage them, and they join a WQ group with auto accept and they go into another realm.

That's bull!@#$. People should not be able to join groups or phase into another realm mid combat to avoid the hard part of War Mode: the open world PvP.

If those 2 things get into BFA, it will be like Blizzard shooting his own new system in the foot.
I don't think it'll be useless, but I do think it hurts the scene when players can exploit the phasing tech like that. It does need to be fixed
In War Mode, you can't CRZ out of your current War Mode shard while in PvP combat.
07/03/2018 01:51 PMPosted by Phalanx
In War Mode, you can't CRZ out of your current War Mode shard while in PvP combat.

What if someone like lets say Demon Hunter or Monk use their high mobility to get far away and out of combat. Will it be possible then?
07/03/2018 01:54 PMPosted by Jalen

What if someone like lets say Demon Hunter or Monk use their high mobility to get far away and out of combat. Will it be possible then?

If it escapes through mobility, it escapes. You lost the target. Suck it.
07/03/2018 01:58 PMPosted by Barbasol

Not asking to QQ. Asking to understand the kill condition of certain classes in the warmode.

Yeah. If someone gets that far, even without crz they could mount up and run, or enter stealth etc.
07/03/2018 02:01 PMPosted by Florena

Yeah. If someone gets that far, even without crz they could mount up and run, or enter stealth etc.

Yeah but that doesn't mean that they've fully escaped. I've had long chases before where people have peeled out of fights and tried to run away only for me to catch them. It's not impossible.
I would assume the nature of the system would dictate that as long as the enemy doesn't re-enter PvP combat with someone else in that shard, then they'll likely phase out.
07/03/2018 01:32 PMPosted by Krenna
We know that War Mode wants to be the next great PvP mode for the future, but there's some tricks that people can do to completely avoid it.

I wasn't aware of this, but nowadays I've been ganking people in Argus and I noticed something that will completely destroy this system: Group Finder.

There's no point in War Mode is your enemies can mid-combat phase into another realm. Just like that. You engage them, and they join a WQ group with auto accept and they go into another realm.

That's bull!@#$. People should not be able to join groups or phase into another realm mid combat to avoid the hard part of War Mode: the open world PvP.

If those 2 things get into BFA, it will be like Blizzard shooting his own new system in the foot.

You must be one of those people who camp portals with four other friends and thinking stomping people who haven't even loaded yet is "PvP".
07/03/2018 02:18 PMPosted by Noraver
07/03/2018 01:32 PMPosted by Krenna

You must be one of those people who camp portals with four other friends and thinking stomping people who haven't even loaded yet is "PvP".
Got to love people that do that :P
What if I do? You think that will not be the total experience of War Mode?

Dont be silly and keep your PvP switch to off for the entire 2 years the expansion will last.

:)
While this subject is up here, will players be able to take skrim queues to avoid PvP combat?

Does this affect people who have queues that pop while in the middle of PvP combat?

Well you aren't in combat so yeah. If you had to meet other qualifiers people would never switch realms.

The point is, and I know Jalen can make it himself, is that I can hex someone after already blowing their trinket, Earthbind/grab, Gust, Ghostwolf, mount, run off. Hell, even a full 8 seconds without touching them drops you from combat. The question is, could someone immediately use group finder or the skirm queue to escape off server, something we would like to avoid from happening, to avoid the loss or just PvP in general?

It isn't "*@#$@ @#$ got @#$@ away @#$@#%" rather its more along the lines, "Let me try to hunt them down! Wait... they just disappeared in front of my eyes... @#$@!"
What about flying?

War Mode incentives are on the track of WQ rewards and XP, like 10 or 20%, I dont remember.

When flying comes up, what will be the policy?

Let's assume that if you are in War Mode, you can't fly, never. If I have 1 hour to do WQ, I can do 12 WQ running around and have a 15% extra reward. Or I can fly (WM off) around and in the same time do 25 WQ, ignoring all PvP but getting a lot more rewards anyway.

What will avoid War Mode getting old too fast because the rewards will not be enough to bother into maybe getting gang banged in some ugly swamp?

The only way I can think is to negate all possibility of flying across the expansion to save your new shiny game mode. That will upset a lot of low skill players, and we all know you are way to into satisfy those scrubs with all kind of acomodations.
07/03/2018 03:07 PMPosted by Krenna
When flying comes up, what will be the policy?

Let's assume that if you are in War Mode, you can't fly, never. If I have 1 hour to do WQ, I can do 12 WQ running around and have a 15% extra reward. Or I can fly (WM off) around and in the same time do 25 WQ, ignoring all PvP but getting a lot more rewards anyway.

What will avoid War Mode getting old too fast because the rewards will not be enough to bother into maybe getting gang banged in some ugly swamp?

There is a shell, on a short cool down, with a stupid long range. We'll be fine. Flying also wont be present in BfA zones for some time. Things will be alright, probably.
I know it won't be present, but mid-expansion it will be and War Mode will die anyway.
Will the warmode premade group finder be split from the non warmode group finder, I had issues on the beta where when I was in warmode I could join non warmode groups and nothing would happen.

If it remains like that I'll just have to wait for an addon to come out to rectify it.