Completionist

General Discussion
Hello everyone.

I have a pretty weird question to ask, but any insight would be much appreciated.

I am a pretty big completionist when it comes to video games. Usually I only find satisfaction in a game if I can 100% the game. I've been kinda avoiding WoW due to the fact that there are some mounts I can't collect anymore -or so I think-.

I would like to know, if by some chance there is a way I can get everything the game has to offer.

Thank you and have a wonderful day.
06/21/2018 09:40 AMPosted by Bronzespark
if by some chance there is a way I can get everything the game has to offer.
Just like in real life, the answer is "no". And just like in real life, that's okay.
I would like to know, if by some chance there is a way I can get everything the game has to offer.
if you get 100% of achievements completed then i suppose you can, but that's not an easy feat by any means. and it's also impossible to do on your own.
Sorry. It's impossible. There are achievements you've missed because you weren't playing ten years ago, mounts with a 0.0001% drop rate that you can only farm two weeks of the year, promotional items that are only available in other countries, and rewards that were only available for a limited time, which is long past.

Probably the closest you can get, now, is to jump on WoW Classic when it opens. There will still be plenty of stuff with stupidly low drop rates, but at least you'll be there from the begining.
There are many things that have been removed from the game that you can no longer get and many achievements require a group of some sort, even for old content.

I would say good luck...

You'll need it.
Get the AllTheThings addon.

Some people have gotten to 98% completion. I think I'm currently at around 40%.

If you want everything, its a long slog.
you can get everything the game has to offer. the problem is that what that is
keeps changing.

it's also an unbelievable amount of work. have fun!
I've been working on completing stuff during the lull between expansions and from what i've seen, not only would it take years, as other people have mentioned a good bit has been taken out and on stuff that has been taken out but still tradeable you'd have to make quite a lot of gold to be able to obtain
It's impossible to get everything and anything in the game because of time sensitive content. Which isn't a bad thing, it's a good thing, because if everyone could get everything whenever they wanted, then we'd never have people actually wanna get things done right here, and right now.

That said, if you wanna get everything available to you, as Deathchix said, you can do that, minus time sensitive content you've missed out on. But you can't do it by yourself, and you'll need a wide variety of people to socialize and play with.

Yes, but you'll have to give up living a real life for a few years to do it.
So do what you can, make your own goals. Chasing current achievements is good - those are all do-able. Trying to collect Everything in the entire game is the wrong goal. Plus you have finite storage space, you can't hold Everything.

Do the "practical" ones like exalting factions and collecting things that give you a reward/title. Not just a greedy one.
06/21/2018 11:44 AMPosted by Vixie
Do the "practical" ones like exalting factions and collecting things that give you a reward/title. Not just a greedy one.

Can't really agree with you here, other than to say that "practical" changes from player to player.

Technically, my fishing pursuits can be practical, but really I just have an irrational desire to get those specific achieves.

I have no idea why nor do I want to spoil the fun by trying to figure it out :)

I just play what I wanna play.